Sign in to follow this  
DanHardeeee

TUF 12 / ESPN UK Fans only

Alright, Just wondering, a seen today that Sky Sports are going to be showing TUF 12. A take it its just TUF they've got the rights to and not the actual Live UFC events? Asking cause I subscribe to ESPN for the UFC, a dont subscribe to Sky Sports.

Any info appreciated

Alright' date=' Just wondering, a seen today that Sky Sports are going to be showing TUF 12. A take it its just TUF they've got the rights to and not the actual Live UFC events? Asking cause I subscribe to ESPN for the UFC, a dont subscribe to Sky Sports.

Any info appreciated[/quote']

Never seen someone spell "I" incorrectly before! :D

Shocking news for MMA fans in the UK and a big mistake by ZUFFA I feel, MMA is the only sport Im interested in and so I'm quite happy to pay my ?10 a month ESPN subscription to watch the UFC events but if the UFC thinks that Im going to pay ?15 or ?20 a month SKY sports subscription then they are hugely mistaken and I dont think I am alone in this stance.

The UFC are trying to clamp down on internet piracy but this just fuels people into using illegal downloads rather than watch through legitimate sources!

I don't usually illegally download, but I feel like I'm being pushed into it. I can't afford ?36 Sky subscription + ?10 ESPN sub + ?10 Sky Sports sub. I didn't get Sky Sports because I don't watch football, rugby, golf, or tennis, So I'm not paying for something I'll only watch for 1hr a week!

Shocking news for MMA fans in the UK and a big mistake by ZUFFA I feel' date=' MMA is the only sport Im interested in and so I'm quite happy to pay my ?10 a month ESPN subscription to watch the UFC events but if the UFC thinks that Im going to pay ?15 or ?20 a month SKY sports subscription then they are hugely mistaken and I dont think I am alone in this stance.

The UFC are trying to clamp down on internet piracy but this just fuels people into using illegal downloads rather than watch through legitimate sources![/quote']

I don't usually illegally download' date=' but I feel like I'm being pushed into it. I can't afford ?36 Sky subscription + ?10 ESPN sub + ?10 Sky Sports sub. I didn't get Sky Sports because I don't watch football, rugby, golf, or tennis, So I'm not paying for something I'll only watch for 1hr a week![/quote']

totally agree wiith you both, i personally have sky sports & espn, but i think its a bad move for ufc to go to sky, it wont be too long before sky have the rights to the live bouts and start charging ?14.99 for PPV, like they do with boxing!!

totally agree wiith you both' date=' i personally have sky sports & espn, but i think its a bad move for ufc to go to sky, it wont be too long before sky have the rights to the live bouts and start charging ?14.99 for PPV, like they do with boxing!![/quote']

PPV is coming to the UK eventually, and when it does it will not be because of Sky. It will be because the UFC want it that way for pretty obvious reasons.

This could well be the first step towards UFC PPV cards being on Sky through Box Office, a facility that ESPN don't have as yet.

As far as cost goes, UFC fans in the UK really cannot complain about an extra ?10 or ?20 per month to access events that US fans regularly have to pay twice this for each event. Especially as we get so much more than just the UFC with both Sky Sports and ESPN.

For non UK people who don't know, UFC fans here can get all the PPV's as part of the standard ESPN subscription - which costs between nothing (part of existing package) up to a maximum of ?12 per month. Also on the channel are lots of other UFC programming such as MMA Live, countdowns, UFC Unleashed etc.......plus lots of football, rugby, boxing, baseball, NFL etc.

Believe me, we will look back on this as being a 'steal' when things change, which I have no doubt they will.

PPV is coming to the UK eventually' date=' and when it does it will not be because of Sky. It will be because the UFC want it that way for pretty obvious reasons.

This could well be the first step towards UFC PPV cards being on Sky through Box Office, a facility that ESPN don't have as yet.

As far as cost goes, UFC fans in the UK really cannot complain about an extra ?10 or ?20 per month to access events that US fans regularly have to pay twice this for each event. Especially as we get so much more than just the UFC with both Sky Sports and ESPN.

For non UK people who don't know, UFC fans here can get all the PPV's as part of the standard ESPN subscription - which costs between nothing (part of existing package) up to a maximum of ?12 per month. Also on the channel are lots of other UFC programming such as MMA Live, countdowns, UFC Unleashed etc.......plus lots of football, rugby, boxing, baseball, NFL etc.

Believe me, we will look back on this as being a 'steal' when things change, which I have no doubt they will.[/quote']

1st post and it makes perfect sense - good work

Pretty sure that the door is open for PPV in the UK in that you have two massively money motivated companies joining together who will squeeze every penny out of its fans

The only way to stop it happening is to stop MMA becoming popular in the UK so DW has to give more free to air coverage to pull people in - in other words, keep it a secret, dont tell anyone and we should be just fine

I've watched UFC for 6 of 7 years now but I won't be subscribing to Murdoch's cash cow like Dana has. Dana doesn't give a toss about MMA, that guy is for the money 110%, thats why Zuffa love him. Have you noticed how much advertising and sponsorship is already in the UFC...tonights clock is sponsored by....the 'Harley Davidson' prep point....tonights replay is brought to you by...etc etc. All of that said, trust me, PPV in the UK for UFC will fail. Very few will pay for a 3am event, it's just not big enough over here yet, I have an enormous circle of friends and I am the only one who even watches UFC, let alone who would pay to watch it at 3am. Even though the last couple of years have seen it's popularity over here grow rapidly I think this could be the biggest mistake Zuffa and Dana have ever made, it could just kill it here. To be honest, TUF has grown weaker by the season so missing that is no big deal to me but all in all the UFC have just got the illegal down-loaders rubbing their hands togethor. I know numerous people who will download any event or episode of TUF and put it on a DVD for the price of the disc (which is pennies), am I gonna pay an extra ?20 a month for Sky Sports just to watch TUF? Am I gonna pay ?15 or whatever to watch a UFC card that might produce 5 or 6 rubbish, boring wrestling matches? Of course I'm not and I bet I'm not in the minority.

well you could pay thirty quid or whatever it is for sky sports. or you could download the show from the pirate bay for free, a week before their broadcast on sky and without adverts. the choice is your, i know what i'm gonna be doing.

I can't say ESPN is bad for the money right now as I get the Premier League the UFC events and the NHL all in HD for 9 quid. That's actually a steal and looking at the potential future I don't know why I was complaining.

ESPN signed a 3 or 4 year ?12mil deal with Zuffa for the PPV Events, so it's not going anywhere yet.

Unless someone has proof otherwise, I'm not gonna panic.

I only get ESPNuk for the UFC events, but I also have a cheap Sky sports package on my phone through Vodafone, handy for the football at weekends + a bonus now that the new TUF season is on there aswell, might be worth anyone in Britain who wants to watch the TUF season checking out the mobile tv rates!!!

Ive dicided to unsubscribe to ufc events next year. I have espn atm & it'll do for now.UFC is smart...maybe their ratings for their tuf season were rubbish in uk so thats why they went to the more expensive sky sports.Their show is rubbish aswell, has been for many seasons now so i wont miss anything. If it turns out good though...im sure ill find a ?2.00 DVD deal in a bargain bucket one day.Sky is..always has been & always will be a ripp off.

Adios.