Sign in to follow this  
mc1

Bruce LeeRoy!! - Contender or this season's Joke?

Love that guy. I like that he was just having a great time of it. Yes, its serious business, but why not also enjoy and appreciate the time while your there. It's the journey, yes indeed.

However, what do you guys think? There's often one idiot a season, or a guy who just doesn't appreciate where he is and how lucky he's got it. Someone who gets too drunk, overly silly, etc. I'm sure we'll see more stupid antics this season, you can already tell from the promos (and this is the stuff I hate the most about this show btw).

So....is Bruce LeeRoy the real deal, someone who's got the right attitude and will really learn what the coaches have to show him, or is he going down the J-Browning route or last seasons thug-wannabe dude with the hair? Will he be a footnote? Will he even be able to keep that name, b/c I'm sure it's been copywritten lol.

My impression? I think he's just having fun, and has serious talent, showed some nice skills, and if when he's not playing showman he takes the training seriously and is a sponge, he's got the right goods to go far in the UFC (certainly a few fights past the finale). The kid appeared smarter than his yellow jump suit, fro and endless smiling would have you think.

he looks and fights like Jamie Yager,and he looks like a good funny guy,he will be the biggest face for this show..hes definitely a contender

it looks like he is an idiot..he said him itself he dropped out of school and got to the gym instead... not good

yeah i guess he's stupid too,but it will be bigger fun for us to see how he's doing stupid things in house :D

Well he has the best name by far.

But within seconds of seeing him, I wanted his opponent to wipe that cheesy grin off his face. naturally he won therefore I hate him. lol...

Well he has the best name by far.

But within seconds of seeing him' date=' I wanted his opponent to wipe that cheesy grin off his face. naturally he won therefore I hate him. lol...[/quote']

LOL

I love bruce lee...

and bruce leroy is pretty cool.

So few have a persona... so embrace his smile! It looks like he is a descent fighter, but I am not sure he can go all the way. I would agree that if he came up against a good wrestler, it would be interesting to see his jiu jitsu and how he gets off his back.

he looks and fights like Jamie Yager' date='and he looks like a good funny guy,he will be the biggest face for this show..hes definitely a contender[/quote']

Unlike Yager he can take a punch though, and judging from a couple of videos that I saw posted on the Sherdog forum, the kid has a lot of heart.

he looks and fights like Jamie Yager' date='and he looks like a good funny guy,he will be the biggest face for this show..hes definitely a contender[/quote']

With the difference that he's actually not a tool like Yager. He seems like a good, modest kid who likes to smile.

We'll see if he has balls, something that Yager didn't have either.

but this guy knows how to fight on the ground and doesn't have horrible cardio

1st impressions before i saw him fight: just like yager

when i got to kow him better and saw him fight: this guy doesn't suck like yager and takes fighting seriously

I don't think he's this season's Yeager at all. The only similarities in in appearance. I think this guy has a much better attitude and is actually just happy to be doing this.

Now we haven't seen much of him, so I don't know if he's got any real ground game, but he seems young and eager enough that he could learn and be molded.

I don't think he'll win it, but I think he'll be entertaining and competitive and after he does lose eventually this season, I bet they give him a shot or two in undercards or on a fight night (especially if he wins an undercard bout during the finale) afterwards. Will he go far from there, who knows, but unless he self destructs, his personality will win people over. The kid is refreshing is all I'm saying

Until he gets in there with a tough as nails wrestler and survives with a victory I will not take him for anything more than comic relief.

True...as a matter of fact he reminds me a lot of Kenny Florian with his build and his skill set which is why I think he is going to have a lot of problems with the bigger, stronger fighters also.

His defense was crap and his kicks were all flash, he didnt do any actual damage. He won because his opponent was also crap. He'll lose in the quarterfinals.

I knew he was going to be this seasons over-confident moron from the first episode so I was a little unhappy when GSP picked him ;)

I was laughing my **** off when he tricked Kos into not picking the top guy, but lucked out in keeping the fight choice. I hope he selects the next fight himself.

Gimme a break - his opponent wasn't crap - that NJ kid had some heavy bombs - Bruce Leroy won because he knew enough jiujitsu to slap on an effective triangle.

No way Leroy is like Yager - he has a waaaay better attitude. I dont think he will get even close to the finals but I am cheering for him. Love his attitude toward fighting. People like GSP and Bruce Leroy is what this sport needs to make this sprot even more popular. Im sick of all this tough talking and bashing - Leroy was relaxed, calm, motivated and happy, did his thing and then hugged his opponent after the win. Even after the NJ fighter was baiting him in between rounds he just smiled.

People who cant stand other people that smile have problems within themselves that they displace on others.

HOWEVER - the previews for the next show say that Leroy started bragging about his fight - I hope this kid stays cool and smooth and doesnt let this tv crap get to his head.

I'm trying to stay open minded about Bruce Lee Roy, is he a funny happy talented fighter with personality, or is his smile and eccentric personality and yellow jump suit and oriental gi just a cover up for something.

On the previews of the next episode people are already talking about stabbing him in the eye, so we'll have to wait and see.

I agree with you ;)

I like the guy but I can't see him going too far in the show. His stand-up looked ok but it was far from dominant. He seemed to get intimidated as soon as Lentz started chasing him down with some shots of his own. His wrestling didn't look great, but it was certainly a well worked triangle at the end and he definitely didn't "luck out" in the set up of it, as some people have suggested.

At 21 he's got a good future ahead of him and he certainly has a great attitude to learn. I can't see him winning this season though. This looks like a great season for talent.

What he needs to do:

Put more power and pop into his punches and kicks.

Work on his clinch game and wrestling.

Work more on his ground game.

Still a far from being a TUF winner.

I'm still not convinced, I think he's good for one more victory and then he'll get beat. A bigger, stronger, better wrestler will get in his kitchen and smother him. I predict he'll lose to a g&p beatdown or get rocked by a guy with great hands.

We''ll see. His stand up wasn't to impressive and he was out muscled on the cage. That said, he scambled well on the ground and he set that triangle up nicely with good wrist control, slapped it on and finished the fight. Be interesting to see how he looks in his next fight after a couple weeks working with GSP and the Jackson camp.

At this point don;t see him winning it.

I'm still not convinced' date=' I think he's good for one more victory and then he'll get beat. A bigger, stronger, better wrestler will get in his kitchen and smother him. I predict he'll lose to a g&p beatdown or get rocked by a guy with great hands.[/quote']

marc stevens has both those attributes. i predict it will be him

Until he gets in there with a tough as nails wrestler and survives with a victory I will not take him for anything more than comic relief.

I would have to agree. He just got dominated and pulled off a victory off of a rookie mistake.

He was dominated. He does have some great talent, but he will need to put on a lot of weight and learn to wrestle or better take down defense.

I personally think he has more skill then Yager on the ground and Yager has better stand up and is bigger.

it looks like he is an idiot..he said him itself he dropped out of school and got to the gym instead... not good

So you think most professional fighters are what? Phd holders?

Season joke for me. He's is too busy worring about people respecting him and trying to impress others than he is focused on being the Ultimate Fighter. In the last fights I've seen him in, he's getting his **** kicked for the majority of the fight, and then pulls off a submission and wins. Then goes on about how he was underestimated and whatnot by his opponents.

Season joke for me. He's is too busy worring about people respecting him and trying to impress others than he is focused on being the Ultimate Fighter. In the last fights I've seen him in' date=' he's getting his **** kicked for the majority of the fight, and then pulls off a submission and wins. Then goes on about how he was underestimated and whatnot by his opponents.[/quote']

Totally agree and skill wise the only thing that kind of seems decent is his ground game. His stand-up and clinch game are both garbage. His hands don't even exist.

The real contender on the show for me and has been even before the the coaches made thier picks was Michael Johnson. He kind of reminds me of Hendo for some reason.

He didn't look that great in his last fight but he pulled through it and English was tough.

i think for the wild card it should go to those 2 previous fighters who lossed, they put on great shows. bruce lerroy will loose his next fight im rather certain

Totally agree and skill wise the only thing that kind of seems decent is his ground game. His stand-up and clinch game are both garbage. His hands don't even exist.

The real contender on the show for me and has been even before the the coaches made thier picks was Michael Johnson. He kind of reminds me of Hendo for some reason.

He didn't look that great in his last fight but he pulled through it and English was tough.

Agreed.

If there was a contender this season, I think it would have been English. Hopefully he comes back during the wild card. His fight with Johnson was great. Followed the game plan and really pressed forward with the action. I was actually rooting for him to win when he was facing Johnson, even though I like Johnson a lot as well.

Yes, but bottom line is English LOST, Leroy WON. You can call it luck or whatever but facts are facts. You cant say one fighter is so much better than another when they have already been eliminated. Some others say Leroy is this seasons joke - but this seasons joke has already made it to the house and won 2 fights on the show - not too much of a joke imo. I dont know if I care for his attitude at times but he is decent. (not outstanding but decent).

Yes' date=' but bottom line is English LOST, Leroy WON. You can call it luck or whatever but facts are facts. You cant say one fighter is so much better than another when they have already been eliminated. Some others say Leroy is this seasons joke - but this seasons joke has already made it to the house and won 2 fights on the show - not too much of a joke imo. I dont know if I care for his attitude at times but he is decent. (not outstanding but decent).[/quote']

Season isn't over. We'll see what happens.

With the difference that he's actually not a tool like Yager. He seems like a good' date=' modest kid who likes to smile.

We'll see if he has balls, something that Yager didn't have either.[/quote']

Modest? Personally I don't see it. Some people like ****y...I don't! Confidence, professionalism, good sportsmanship...that's what I like in my favorites. He's not a complete sh*t rat, but he certainly is annoying to watch and listen to. As far as the smile, to me it looks like a disfunctional twitch, rather than something sincere.

Changed my mind. I'm liking this kid less and less. You can be confident without being a ******. Apparently he doesn't understand that yet lol.

I wanted him to do well, now I just want him to get ktfo. Oh well.

Changed my mind. I'm liking this kid less and less. You can be confident without being a ******. Apparently he doesn't understand that yet lol.

I wanted him to do well' date=' now I just want him to get ktfo. Oh well.[/quote']

Yeah, he's a super ****** and it would seem that he is on the wrong team.

Yeah' date=' he's a super ****** and it would seem that he is on the wrong team.[/quote']

Absolutely! Those kind of grandeur and immature behavior's are exactly the opposite of how GSP conducts himself. I'm sure that he is not impressed either.

every episode i like him less and less

actually i pretty much think hes a ********* at this point

and his fight was not impressive. he thinks hes a standup guy but theres nothing impressive about his standup

been quite a few fighters on the ultimate ifghter that have not lived up to thier own hype 3 i can think of.

Melvin gullard

Jamie yager

and now bruce leeroy.

its probably quite embarassing to loose on a reality tv show but i bet its going to be awful when people recognise him on the street after show and shout theres that ****** bruce leeroy who lost on TUF.

disgraceful him using even part of bruce lee's name :)