Jake Shields in title mix, Martin Kampman too?

Ultimate_TapOut23

I think the winner of this fight should have to fight Jon Fitch for a title shot.

Yep, and if BY VERY LUCKY CHANCE THAT KAMPMAN WINS...He would lose to Fitch. The only guy in WW division (excluding the champ) that can bring the fight to Jon Fitch is Jake Shields. So if Shields lose to Kampman, Fitch got a title shot by beating Kampman. Although unlikely..As Jake Shields would dismantle Kampman and go on to be the Grinding King after beating Fitch.

Dana said in GSP vs Kos press conferance that he expects Sheild to win that fight then he should be next in line for title shot nice of Mr White to have little conferdance in Kampman

Not surprising. Kampmann was supposed to be Paulo Thiago's stepping stone as well.

I think if Kampmann can beat Shields there should be no question he is right in the mix for a title shot. But, I also think no matter who wins this fight they will have a date with Fitch before getting a shot.

Not surprising. Kampmann was supposed to be Paulo Thiago's stepping stone as well.

I think if Kampmann can beat Shields there should be no question he is right in the mix for a title shot. But' date=' I also think no matter who wins this fight they will have a date with Fitch before getting a shot.[/quote']

I would like to see this but I don't think the UFC will risk it. They are using UFC 121 to give Shields a great platform to perform and get exposure. They are using Brock to their advantage. If Shields get's by Kampmann I don't think they will risk him getting Fitched and pass up a big payday for a new intriguing title challenger.

I would like to see this but I don't think the UFC will risk it. They are using UFC 121 to give Shields a great platform to perform and get exposure. They are using Brock to their advantage. If Shields get's by Kampmann I don't think they will risk him getting Fitched and pass up a big payday for a new intriguing title challenger.

I think that is a new word I am going to use... "Getting Fitched." But I do believe that whoever wins the Kampman/Shields match should take on Fitch; even though he will "Fitch" either one of them.

Dana said in GSP vs Kos press conferance that he expects Sheild to win that fight then he should be next in line for title shot nice of Mr White to have little conferdance in Kampman

He didn't say he expects Shields to win. He said "I expect that if Shields wins, he will likely get the next title shot." Big difference.

As for the OP, Kampmann has been in the mix for a year now. His scheduled fight with Mike Swick at 103 was supposed to be for a title shot, too.

He didn't say he expects Shields to win. He said "I expect that if Shields wins' date=' he will likely get the next title shot." Big difference.

As for the OP, Kampmann has been in the mix for a year now. His scheduled fight with Mike Swick at 103 was supposed to be for a title shot, too.[/quote']

It sounded like he said Sheilds should win and he'll probably be next could be wrong though it's in the Montreal conference around the 20 minute mark

Dana is a ****gat... Will he give Kamp a title shot if he wins' date=' **** no but he'll give it to Sheilds if he wins ****in loserrrrrrrrrr.

If Kamp wins, I know he'll match Kamp with Fitch for number 1 contender.

Dana is a Prick.[/quote']

what he said..... kinda like how it happend with Hendo

Archived