Jump to content

matt hughes vs jake shields


DASTARK

Recommended Posts

this fight what have been better for jake to get a title shot especially since they fighting styles is similiar in a way.....mostly the good wrestling part but i think he should have faced matt instead of kapman and bj doesnt deserve matt he really deserves kapman seeing as hes in a 2 fight loosing streak

Link to comment
Share on other sites

basically the rule of thumb in a shields fight is if its on the ground shields will win, if its standing for more than 3 minutes he will get messed up. so mostly likely shields would win a decision but hughes could out strike him and hurt him than throw him on his head and possibly finish a stunned and bewildered shields on the ground. I'd say 55% chance of shields winning and a 45% chance of hughes winning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shields vs Penn would be awful, the bjj would negate each other, and it would just end up being the stronger man on top for 15 minutes. I could see it as a Silva vs Maia type fight were the better bjj guy (Shields) would be trying desperately to get it to the ground if he was getting messed up on the feet and couldnt get the takedown, without the clowning though.

 

Shields vs Hughes would end up being, Shields mounting and hitting Hughes with his pillowfists, and still not finishing him.

 

Shields can beat anyone in the division in my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shields vs Penn would be awful' date=' the bjj would negate each other, and it would just end up being the stronger man on top for 15 minutes. I could see it as a Silva vs Maia type fight were the better bjj guy (Shields) would be trying desperately to get it to the ground if he was getting messed up on the feet and couldnt get the takedown, without the clowning though.

[/b']

Shields vs Hughes would end up being, Shields mounting and hitting Hughes with his pillowfists, and still not finishing him.

 

Shields can beat anyone in the division in my mind.

 

What the eff? Lol! Not to pick on you, but that's a pretty dumb assumption.

 

As for the Shields vs Hughes, I see Shields controlling Hughes if not finishing him. I could also see Hughes doing what he did to Renzo Gracie though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hughes is just as good on the ground as any jj practitioner and he has some strongest wrestling in the whole ufc shields would not be able control him on ground he would just get out and put shields on his back but i could see it going both ways at the same time

 

EDIT: if you want a example hughes vs bjpenn when bjpenn got technically tkod that could happen to shields

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think if you can hold Hendo down you can hold matt down based on sure size alone

 

matt is a all american wrestling what he lacks in size he makes up in experience and skill and sheer power that he holds and his jj is black belt level and his a multiple time ww champ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

matt hughes now subs people its pretty cool lmao but hes still the wrestler we know and love he just does not use it because he does not need to

 

GSP and Alves blue him away so I thought he was done but he looked great against Almedia. Alves was way over weight and GSP is GSP so maybe he still has it, I think we will know after the Penn fight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

he lost to alves because alves striking was crisp that fight hughes should have taken him down so he would have been a fish outta ater as far as gsp goes i wana see them fight again gsp getting to comfortable wrestling, plus i wana see gsp try to do what he did to hardy to matt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...