BJ Penn's record, and my dream fight for him atm..

DKF

People always hate on his record when he has been fighting nothing less than top contenders in top organizations his whole career. Penn has been fighting in the top of the division for his whole career, that is why it isn't as pretty as lets say Lyota Machida's, or Michael Bisping's can fed records.

7 losses:

GSP x2 (WW)

Edgar x2

Hughes (WW)

Pulver

Lyoto Machida (OW)

I wouldn't take shame in any of these losses, especially the last one. GSP is just too good, Edgar is Penn's kryptonite, Hughes and Penn could go either way on any given day, and Pulver was pretty good in his prime.

Notable Wins:

Caol Uno

Jens Pulver

Renzo Gracie

Rodrigo Gracie

Kenny Florian

Sean Sherk

Joe Stevenson

Takanori Gomi

Matt Serra

Matt Hughes

He has wins over almost every other GOAT candidate at LW.. Though, he doesnt train hard, has noobs in his corner, and doesn't care anymore, he is still one of the best LW fighters Earth has to offer to this day.

I wanna see a rematch between Penn and Gomi, because they were the #1 and #2 guys for a long time.

Don't forget to mention most of his losses come at higher weight classes. Had he fought at LW his entire career he'd only have 3 losses.

He could have also ducked competition instead of wanting to fight the best of the best at higher weight, he could look like a prize fighter right now, but he doesnt care about all that and that is why i like him, he is the opposite of somelike like Floyd Mayweather who is in combat sports for cash and nothing else.

he's only ever beaten 2 GREAT fighters. 1 of which he later lost to. all the excuses in the world don't hide the fact that he's always been grosly overrated (this is not to say he isn't great) he's just nowhere near what people make him out to be, nor was he ever or ever will be.

he's only ever beaten 2 GREAT fighters. 1 of which he later lost to. all the excuses in the world don't hide the fact that he's always been grosly overrated (this is not to say he isn't great) he's just nowhere near what people make him out to be' date=' nor was he ever or ever will be.[/quote']

I agree with this. He is a great fighter, but he is not as good as his fans make him out to be. He has skills, but he is missing a world class fighters thinking.

Awesome. Great work. +1

took some serious effort on my part.

I was a BJ fan for a long time.

I was a BJ fan up untill a couple days before edgar 2 when I saw a video where he (AGAIN) made excuses for his loss.......

the interviewer said...

"do you think he stole the fight by early celebration at the end of the 5th?"

BJ responds with a smirk and a condescending chuckle saying

"well,,,, (chuckle that makes me want to smash his neck like a ****ing cabbage patch doll) I mean.... doesnt EVERYBODY think that?!"

then he goes on to say that regardless of whether he wins or loses he will always be the greatest P4P fighter.

and before any BJ fans jump on my nuts and say "BJ could kick your ****" yes, yes BJ could kick my ****. but he would likely respond by saying "see! I beat up a guy with literally NO MMA training whatso ever! IAM THE GREATEST P4P GOAT! I DESERVE A REMATCH WITH GSP AND EDGAR!"

Haha, so true, If BJ didnt whine so much , more people may like him.

He whinges more then a Brit.

And then he loses (again) and still says he is the best P4P fighter...

I hope Hughes gives him a beatdown of a bullet to the back of the head proportion !!!

And then see BJ and his camp's excuses. AGAIN

Haha' date=' so true, If BJ didnt whine so much , more people may like him.

He whinges more then a Brit.

And then he loses (again) and still says he is the best P4P fighter...

I hope Hughes gives him a beatdown of a bullet to the back of the head proportion !!!

And then see BJ and his camp's excuses. AGAIN[/quote']

that would be perfect, but I cant see hughes beating him.

then again, BJ will be jumping up to WW and hughes has looked good recently.

hard fight to call, I definitely like seeing BJ lose because it fuels my hate for him.

but hughes has the same attitude, he is just quieter about it and more deserving of it.

battle of the egos.

that would be perfect' date=' but I cant see hughes beating him.

then again, BJ will be jumping up to WW and hughes has looked good recently.

hard fight to call, I definitely like seeing BJ lose because it fuels my hate for him.

but hughes has the same attitude, he is just quieter about it and more deserving of it.

battle of the egos.[/quote']

I just hope BJ comes in out of shape and looks like garbage.

I aint no Hughes fan, I just hate BJ more.

And its true, i like seeing BJ lose the most, just so i can hear what whiney and laughable excuse him and his camp will conjur up.

I just hope BJ comes in out of shape and looks like garbage.

I aint no Hughes fan' date=' I just hate BJ more.

And its true, i like seeing BJ lose the most, just so i can hear what whiney and laughable excuse him and his camp will conjur up.[/quote']

hughes weighs in at 162 with a belly and a staph infection KO's a buff 171 BJ would be the perfect fight.

Archived