So Anderson gets to fight a standup fighter...

MachidaPwned

Yeh look to see Anderson back in old form in a striker vs striker fight. As much as i want Vitor to beat him...I think Anderson is too slippery and evasive.

Remember, Vitor has been training with Extreme Couture for quite some time now. I know that does not mean that he will be an excellent grappler but I think he may have learned enough to keep Anderson off balance. People always talk about how Chael rocked Anderson and that was because he kept Anderson off guard with his takedowns. I think that Vitor needs to get with someone (please help him Randy and stop looking for movies) and develop a decent gameplan where he can use faints and possible takedowns to set up his power. Personally, I think he stands a good chance; as long as he does not turn it into a boxing match. If that happens, then "Neo" Anderson will come back like he did against Griffin.

Disciplinary Action

The following list includes, but is not limited to, actions that will result in the banning of a member. There is no room for argument in defining and interpreting these terms. Moderators and management will make the final determinations in their sole discretion. Banned members are NOT entitled to explanations from moderators or management regarding their expulsion. Under no circumstances is a member entitled to a warning before they are banned.

-Flaming, which includes, but is not limited to, use of racial, religious or ethnic slurs, sexually discriminative or homophobic language, cussing, and derogatory labeling.

-Posting of ****ographic or otherwise inappropriate, offensive or obscene images.

-Posting of subscription service exclusive content, including media, news, links, etc.

-Posting of stolen music and video.

-Use of another member?s photo, or any modified version thereof, without the member?s consent.

-Anyone?s private information, member or not.

-Spamming the board as a whole or by individual forum.

-Threats at any level, but most severely, threat or encouragement of physical harm.

-Hacking, including, but not limited to, hacking into or disabling other member or moderator accounts.

-Impersonation of a UFC Fighter or employee in any form

can't wait to see this fight, a striker vs striker match with anderson silva, FINALLY, griffin seems so long ago

I haven't seen much of vitors fights so I have no idea how this will play out, but i'm expecting to see some brutal muay thai.

can't wait to see this fight' date=' a striker vs striker match with anderson silva, FINALLY, griffin seems so long ago

I haven't seen much of vitors fights so I have no idea how this will play out, but i'm expecting to see some brutal muay thai.[/quote']

Here is a taste of what Vitor can do..

FSBelfortKOsWanderlei.gif

Vitor stands a decent chance at winning..But Anderson would mose likely win.

Yeh look to see Anderson back in old form in a striker vs striker fight. As much as i want Vitor to beat him...I think Anderson is too slippery and evasive.

if you watched the Vitor Belfort vs Heath Herring fight you will realise Vitor could take Silva down at will if he wanted to

Stand up vs. Stand up would be great. Vitor's no joke standing, but Silva is still a ninja. So..., an all out stand up war would have to be in Silva's favor. I really hate to make this comparison, but we all saw what happened when a healthy Silva faced a guy who relies on his hands (Forest Griffin). Anyways, I don't think Vitor will keep it standing. After seeing what Fail did to Silva, I expect to see Vitor looking for takedowns and grappling. He does have blackbelts in both Judo and BJJ, so he's no slouch on the ground or up close grappling. As great as this fight could be, being Striker vs. Striker, I'm not getting my hopes up and expect to see Vitor look for takedowns, and since his name isn't Fail, he might not get caught in a sub.

Archived