Guida vs Gomi: Somebodies downfall and it's not Gomi

Manho

I've always liked respected Guida for the fighter that he is and the heart he possesses but I think this would spell the end of the road for him once he steps into the ring with Gomi. Guida's victory against Dos Anjos had luck written all over it. If he doesn't improve his submission game or even striking, the guy's career in UFC will end. Gomi, on the other hand, is getting his groove back following his win over Griffin. Your thoughts guys...

lol...guida is one of if not my least favourite fighters' date=' theres nothing really good about him other than his cardio and hes gonna get killed by gomi

if he gets cut after it wont bother me one bit but dana likes hima lot so i dont see it happening[/quote']

agree.

guida = LW forrest griffen........ he sucks **** at fighting, but for some reason he has a strong following so he has very stable job security.

I dont understand the hype behind guida.

"wow! the guy has cardio! he just keeps on going! he can make it all the way to a decision in every one of his ****ing fights!"

its not an endurance competition.

if you CAN finish the fight early you ARE allowed to...... in fact, it is ENCOURAGED.

guida is boring as balls and training at camp "cage and pray" jackson is NOT going to help the matter.

I would want gomi to win so bad. I can see a boring decision against gomi that the fans boo......that would piss me off to no ends.

I have my money on gomi being the next LW champ. (unless BJ "danas pet" Penn gets a third shot because he is good at "spit palm"ing dana and his lackeys )

ya maybe i shouldnt have said get killed....he might very well hold onto him with his patented huggy bear death grip for 15 minutes and lose or maybe even win a **** decision. gomi has to keep it standing and line him up with a nice strait left and knock his boring **** out

guida is my ****ing homeboy!

dcent & shinsplint i'm dissapointed in you for that blasphemy you speak.....@$&%#%

but not really. i am & i've been a fan of the guy. i like watching his fights, because well...... i'm a fan of tough guys with alot of heart that push the pace & actually 'try' to inflict damage. guida likes to use hammerfists with his LnP and he usually is very active in his positioning. it is going to be a good fight and regardless of outcome, i'm going to be loving that ****. i really like fireball too.

i don't agree that he is boring. he puts on fights, he's one of those guys that can be exciting in a loss because he got the **** kicked out of him

Lentz is LnP boring, Koscheck vs. Daley was LnP boring, Rashad Evans vs. Rampage/Thiago Silva was LnP boring. Guida i don't think belongs in that list, he actually takes hella ****ing risk in his fights unlike these other guys.

dcent & shinsplint i'm dissapointed in you for that blasphemy you speak.....@$&%#%

but not really. i am & i've been a fan of the guy. i like watching his fights' date=' because well...... i'm a fan of tough guys with alot of heart that push the pace & actually 'try' to inflict damage. guida likes to use hammerfists with his LnP and he usually is very active in his positioning. it is going to be a good fight and regardless of outcome, i'm going to be loving that ****. i really like fireball too.[/quote']

My apologies zigzagzig, I just dont like the guy. Nothing personal. lol :D

Yes he pushes the pace,and "try's" to inflict damage. But i just dont like the guy.

I mean he has long hair and a hairy chest which is a big plus, BUT he loses points for still living with his mum.... OK :P

but not really. i am & i've been a fan of the guy. i like watching his fights' date=' because well...... i'm a fan of tough guys with alot of heart that push the pace & actually 'try' to inflict damage. guida likes to use hammerfists with his LnP and he usually is very active in his positioning. it is going to be a good fight and regardless of outcome, i'm going to be loving that ****. i really like fireball too.

i don't agree that he is boring. he puts on fights, he's one of those guys that can be exciting in a loss because he got the **** kicked out of him

Lentz is LnP boring, Koscheck vs. Daley was LnP boring, Rashad Evans vs. Rampage/Thiago Silva was LnP boring. Guida i don't think belongs in that list, he actually takes hella ****ing risk in his fights unlike these other guys.[/quote']

lol.

well sorry to disappoint.

but there is only so much room in a fight organization for fighters who resort to spooning to eek out a win.

if you are going to spoon and cuddle your opponents for a decision win, then you better be the best spooner in the biz, ala fitch/GSP

My apologies zigzagzig' date=' I just dont like the guy. Nothing personal. lol :D

Yes he pushes the pace,and "try's" to inflict damage. But i just dont like the guy.

I mean he has long hair and a hairy chest which is a big plus, BUT he loses points for still living with his mum.... OK :P[/quote']

hahaha he reminds me of a weird retarded lion when he fights, and retarded lions are cool in my book so that is probably why i am a fan.

lol.

well sorry to disappoint.

but there is only so much room in a fight organization for fighters who resort to spooning to eek out a win.

if you are going to spoon and cuddle your opponents for a decision win' date=' then you better be the best spooner in the biz, ala fitch/GSP[/quote']

i'm with you on that ****, i respect that point of view on this ****, but as stated in this thread, due to fanbase, he aint going nowhere

a point missed in regards against having 'room in the organization for point fighters' is the counterpoint that we need quality tough opponents who can be beaten, and can be beaten in style. he is the middleground of the LW division, he will never be champion, but he is a test everyone should have win or lose. you need guys always ready to fight, guys that can draw some attention & Carpenter is that.

i'm with you on that ****' date=' i respect that point of view on this ****, but as stated in this thread, due to fanbase, he aint going nowhere

a point missed in regards against having 'room in the organization for point fighters' is the counterpoint that we need quality tough opponents who can be beaten, and can be beaten in style. he is the middleground of the LW division, he will never be champion, but he is a test everyone should have win or lose. you need guys always ready to fight, guys that can draw some attention & Carpenter is that.[/quote']

very true.

a good "mid level boss"

he wont be cut, like forrest, but he will never be in title contention.

he is to the LW div what forrest is to the LHW div and what chris leben is to the MW div and what mir is to the HW div.

all lovable losers who wont get cut.

I am more psyched for the next rory macdonald fight (Kelowna!)

Rory VS Matt brown.......... matt is getting destroyed.

apparantly rory just moved to montreal to train with GSP full time.

very true.

a good "mid level boss"

he wont be cut' date=' like forrest, but he will never be in title contention.

he is to the LW div what forrest is to the LHW div and what chris leben is to the MW div and what mir is to the HW div.

apparantly rory just moved to montreal to train with GSP full time.[/quote']

don't underestimate leben boy, he's on a 3 win streak. he is finally rounding out as a fighter & he takes on every ****ing challenge! gotta love that little freak leben,. can't wait to see him fight next

& on the psyched note, matt brown is my ****ing boy too! arrgh! haha but again, seriously, just like in the gomi/guida case i like both fighters & this brown/macdonald fight has hardcore written all over it. rory is reppin the north the right way, he's a beast & i can't wait to see that tilt either

don't underestimate leben boy' date=' he's on a 3 win streak. he is finally rounding out as a fighter & he takes on every ****ing challenge! gotta love that little freak leben,. can't wait to see him fight next

& on the psyched note, matt brown is my ****ing boy too! arrgh! haha but again, seriously, just like in the gomi/guida case i like both fighters & this brown/macdonald fight has hardcore written all over it. rory is reppin the north the right way, he's a beast & i can't wait to see that tilt either[/quote']

I have trouble giving leben credit.

I know he deserves it.

but I like crisp stand up and crisp is not leben.

leben is too much 2am after the bar "you looked at my girl" striking for me to enjoy.

I will give him credit for his wins, but there is NO way he will ever beat A Silva......... I cant really say that about any other fighters, leben has been doing well, cant write him off....... but when it comes to silva, I can write off the entire division with my eyes closed.

and since you like guida and brown, I would not be above making a couple sig bets with you.

I will PM you.

I have trouble giving leben credit.

I know he deserves it.

but I like crisp stand up and crisp is not leben.

leben is too much 2am after the bar "you looked at my girl" striking for me to enjoy.

I will give him credit for his wins' date=' but there is NO way he will ever beat A Silva......... I cant really say that about any other fighters, leben has been doing well, cant write him off....... but when it comes to silva, I can write off the entire division with my eyes closed.

and since you like guida and brown, I would not be above making a couple sig bets with you.

I will PM you.[/quote']

hahah i just read your post about leben in the TUF section, this time you atleast slightly gave him some credit, slightly, & definitely open for a possible sig bet however i will say rory & gomi are without a doubt favourites to win those fights, but i got the balls enough to commit anyways.

hahah i just read your post about leben in the TUF section' date=' this time you atleast slightly gave him some credit, slightly, & definitely open for a possible sig bet however i will say rory & gomi are without a doubt favourites to win those fights, but i got the balls enough to commit anyways.[/quote']

I know they are my favs.

wont know who the money favs are till the betting sites start posting odds.

I PM'ed....... if you like the bet then PM me back........ sucker..... I mean..... buddy. ;)

I know they are my favs.

wont know who the money favs are till the betting sites start posting odds.

I PM'ed....... if you like the bet then PM me back........ sucker..... I mean..... buddy. ;)

this crazy mother****er accepts that challenge even if i'm destined for 2 losses, i hope they completely surprise & rape the **** out of the fireball & the waterboy leaving you wondering where it all went wrong! it's on mutha****aaaaaaaaa

I've always liked respected Guida for the fighter that he is and the heart he possesses but I think this would spell the end of the road for him once he steps into the ring with Gomi. Guida's victory against Dos Anjos had luck written all over it. If he doesn't improve his submission game or even striking' date=' the guy's career in UFC will end. Gomi, on the other hand, is getting his groove back following his win over Griffin. Your thoughts guys...[/quote']

Gomi is garbage, he gets 1 win and hes back on track?

Marcus Aurelio

nick diaz

kenny florian

all guys that absolutely tooled his small ****

the fireball kid can go back to japan. he wont be missed

when Guida pulls out this win i hope you guys saying Gomi will destroy him sit at home and cry after Gomi gets manhandled

Big deal if he pulls out a win.

What as another UD. Please.

And he will never get close to a title shot.

He's a gatekeeper at best.

And i dont like his chances of getting past Gomi anyhow.

Big deal if he pulls out a win.

What as another UD. Please.

And he will never get close to a title shot.

He's a gatekeeper at best.

And i dont like his chances of getting past Gomi anyhow.

AGREED. You, sir, hit the nail on the head! If Guida wins, it will be by "I will smother you with my body and hair" move- something he has been known for. Another boring UD victory if ever. Victory's like this will retain your status as a gatekeeper and not a title contender. IMO, Gomi will just bulldoze this guy. No disrespect Clay...

Wow, a lot of Guida hate in here.

I'm pulling for him to win this next one. I'm not sold on Gomi being all that good yet, and I think Guida can pull this one off. I'm not sure why people hate the guy so much, he doesn't always finish, but neither do a lot of good lightweights, and he's usually pretty exciting.

Gomi is garbage' date=' he gets 1 win and hes back on track?

Marcus Aurelio

nick diaz

kenny florian

all guys that absolutely tooled his small ***

the fireball kid can go back to japan. he wont be missed[/quote']

This. He landed a haymaker on a Tyson Griffin that came in on two weeks notice and wasn't being nearly as careful in the standup exchanges as he should've been, and suddenly everyone forgets how Kenny completely embarrassed him the fight before.

Nothing against Gomi, I just think some of the hype around him is a bit excessive.

AGREED. You' date=' sir, hit the nail on the head! If Guida wins, it will be by "I will smother you with my body and hair" move- something he has been known for. Another boring UD victory if ever. Victory's like this will retain your status as a gatekeeper and not a title contender. IMO, Gomi will just bulldoze this guy. No disrespect Clay...[/quote']

Indeed mate. Im glad somebody shares my view. :D

Wow' date=' a lot of Guida hate in here.

I'm pulling for him to win this next one. I'm not sold on Gomi being all that good yet, and I think Guida can pull this one off. I'm not sure why people hate the guy so much, he doesn't always finish, but neither do a lot of good lightweights, and he's usually pretty exciting.[/quote']

Don't get me wrong, bro. It's not that I don't like Guida- in fact I was gunning for him to win against Sanchez and Florian- but the guy's style is becoming retarded. His strikes are weak and his only strength is his takedown skills. But after taking down his opponent, what? His GnP doesn't even inflict serious damages. His only chance of winning is showing to the judges that he is on top position of his opponent most of the time. Man, you try pitting this guy against Edgar, Penn, and even Maynard and we will have a circus instead of an MMA fight. Exciting? true. But so is Baroni.

Don't get me wrong' date=' bro. It's not that I don't like Guida- in fact I was gunning for him to win against Sanchez and Florian- but the guy's style is becoming retarded. His strikes are weak and his only strength is his takedown skills. But after taking down his opponent, what? His GnP doesn't even inflict serious damages. His only chance of winning is showing to the judges that he is on top position of his opponent most of the time. Man, you try pitting this guy against Edgar, Penn, and even Maynard and we will have a circus instead of an MMA fight. Exciting? true. But so is Baroni.[/quote']

I didn't mean you on the hate, I meant some of the posters after you. You do make some good points though, for the most part his standing and ground strikes are pretty small, and even though he is capable of submissions I certainly wouldn't call him anything even close to a finisher.

You could be quite right and Gomi could very well steamroll him, but I personally have Guida winning this one. We'll see when the fight comes though.

I didn't mean you on the hate' date=' I meant some of the posters after you. You do make some good points though, for the most part his standing and ground strikes are pretty small, and even though he is capable of submissions I certainly wouldn't call him anything even close to a finisher.

You could be quite right and Gomi could very well steamroll him, but I personally have Guida winning this one. We'll see when the fight comes though.[/quote']

I was one of the previous posters and i stand by everything i said.

very true.

a good "mid level boss"

apparantly rory just moved to montreal to train with GSP full time.[/quote']

i heard Rory Macdonald got injured and wont be fighting Matt Brown.

very true.

a good "mid level boss"

all lovable losers who wont get cut.[/quote']This is fail, because you miss the real point about these fighters. True, it's not likely any of them will be cut from the UFC any time soon. And it is due to the fact that they're "loveable."

But more to the point, it's due to the fact that the UFC has competition. If the UFC were to cut any of them, they would then probably end up fighting for someone else. Then the UFC would have to compete with them for market share.

It's a pure-business decision and has nothing really to do with how Dana White feels about them personally. That's my opinion, anyway.

agree.

guida = LW forrest griffen........ he sucks *** at fighting' date=' but for some reason he has a strong following so he has very stable job security.

I dont understand the hype behind guida.

"wow! the guy has cardio! he just keeps on going! he can make it all the way to a decision in every one of his ****ing fights!"

its not an endurance competition.

if you CAN finish the fight early you ARE allowed to...... in fact, it is ENCOURAGED.

guida is boring as balls and training at camp "cage and pray" jackson is NOT going to help the matter.

I would want gomi to win so bad. I can see a boring decision against gomi that the fans boo......that would piss me off to no ends.

I have my money on gomi being the next LW champ. (unless BJ "danas pet" Penn gets a third shot because he is good at "spit palm"ing dana and his lackeys )[/quote']

Boring as balls? youve obviously never watched basically any fight hes been in. Watch sanchez-guida and tell me its boring lol. and he joined greg jacksons camp in prep fro florian and lost simply because florian is better esp BJJ which is how he lost. He has had two fights then winning by submission in both ( FINISHING HIS OPPONENT). So how did greg jacksons camp not fix anything. He did in his last two fights what you say he cant do.... noob. People talk lay and pray like they know what it even means lol uggg if your gunna rag on a fighter please make it some one worthy of it like Bisping.

lol...guida is one of if not my least favourite fighters' date=' theres nothing really good about him other than his cardio and hes gonna get killed by gomi

if he gets cut after it wont bother me one bit but dana likes hima lot so i dont see it happening[/quote']

agreed he get credit for havin really bad stand up and gettung kicked in the head by diego,

look back on Guidas fights and youll relaize how bad he really is.

Archived