UFC 121 and the Brock Effect....

Technique

lesnar2.jpg

Every single fighter in UFC 121 should be thanking Brock... including Cain. And the person that should be most grateful is Jake Shields.

Think about this for a second here. What better way to make your debut in the biggest and baddest MMA organization then to be co-headlining with the biggest Draw in MMA....Brock Lesnar. This card will easily do over 1 million PPV buys and that = huge exposure for everyone on the card.

Jake Shields is a smart guy and I'm sure he realizes this. I bet he is training non-stop to go out there and make a statement. Many of us already know he has the goods, but before we can see him challenge for the belt, which is what we all really want to see, he needs to introduce himself to the casual UFC fan.

With the UFC promoting the **** out of UFC 121, with Brocktober and UFC primetime, this could rival UFC 100 in buys and I'll explain why.

UFC 116 had well over 1 million buys on Fourth of July Weekend. A weekend where the parties are raging and there are many different things you could be doing instead of paying 50 bucks to watch a night of fights.

UFC 121 will have no competition holiday wise and if you haven't noticed, UFC 120 and 122 are free so your basically getting 3 cards for the price of one. UFC 120 will be filled to the brim with advertisements for UFC 121 along with likely live interviews from Brock and Cain.

Add in the exposure and marketing done for Cain Velasquez to intrigue the mexican population then you have yourself a ton of interest.

Also people have to know that this will most likely be an incredible night of fights!!

They like to call this the "Brock Effect". Take a look at UFC 116 where the card was underwhelming on paper, but turned out to be one of the greatest night of fights I have ever seen. Brock brings out the best in all the competitors for a number of reasons.

1. Everyone knows Brock will bring it on fight night.

2. Everyone knows that Brock draws big big numbers and this is a huge opportunity for them to gain recognition.

Just a side note here, but Brendan Schaub should be grateful to Brock instead of bashing his camp, that ungrateful swine. Schaub was on the preliminary card for UFC 116 and is now on the main card for UFC 121. He can attribute the majority of his exposure to the man they call the "Great White Gorilla"

The pressure is on... lets see who delivers.

I don't blame the UFC at all. There is a large MMA fanbase here in Minnesota, so naturally there's a built-in Brock Lesnar audience. When he fights, sports bars are at capacity with people having to leave because there's no room to stand. He's got name recognition from outside the UFC, which is one of his biggest assets. We all know his drawing power is the reason he got signed and why he got a title shot so early.

There's always something alluring about huge musclebound heavyweights battling it out, and like it or not people buy into that. Brock fits the bill perfectly with his huge physique, square head and bad haircut.

I don't blame the UFC at all. There is a large MMA fanbase here in Minnesota' date=' so naturally there's a built-in Brock Lesnar audience. When he fights, sports bars are at capacity with people having to leave because there's no room to stand. He's got name recognition from outside the UFC, which is one of his biggest assets. We all know his drawing power is the reason he got signed and why he got a title shot so early.

There's always something alluring about huge musclebound heavyweights battling it out, and like it or not people buy into that. Brock fits the bill perfectly with his huge physique, square head and bad haircut.[/quote']

Dont forget the tattoo!! People tune in just to see that :P

But you make a good point about musclebound meatheads hacking at each other being very intriguing. You don't very often get to see a guy like that get his *** kicked, but when they are thrown into a cage together with few rules.... one guy is going to have a bad night.

Never sees to surprise me how every Lesnar fan thinks Lesnar is a god given gift to MMA. He will loose at some point. He has to many holes in his game to be a champ for a long time. Some would argue he already lost the title to Carwin. But again, this comment will fall on deaf ears. I supposed if Lesnar was fighting himself, Lesnar fans would argue each other should be thanking the other.

Never sees to surprise me how every Lesnar fan thinks Lesnar is a god given gift to MMA. He will loose at some point. He has to many holes in his game to be a champ for a long time. Some would argue he already lost the title to Carwin. But again' date=' this comment will fall on deaf ears. I supposed if Lesnar was fighting himself, Lesnar fans would argue each other should be thanking the other.[/quote']

Lmao I don't think Lesnar is going to Loose anything except maybe his wife.

Posters on this forum never cease to amaze me.

But that's irrelevant. What matters is he is a draw, and that is beneficial to the rest of the mixed martial artists on the same card to give the proper exposure that they deserve.

Never sees to surprise me how every Lesnar fan thinks Lesnar is a god given gift to MMA. He will loose at some point. He has to many holes in his game to be a champ for a long time. Some would argue he already lost the title to Carwin. But again' date=' this comment will fall on deaf ears. I supposed if Lesnar was fighting himself, Lesnar fans would argue each other should be thanking the other.[/quote']

thumb_Haters_Gonna_Hate.jpg

lesnar2.jpg

Every single fighter in UFC 121 should be thanking Brock... including Cain. And the person that should be most grateful is Jake Shields.

Think about this for a second here. What better way to make your debut in the biggest and baddest MMA organization then to be co-headlining with the biggest Draw in MMA....Brock Lesnar. This card will easily do over 1 million PPV buys and that = huge exposure for everyone on the card.

Jake Shields is a smart guy and I'm sure he realizes this. I bet he is training non-stop to go out there and make a statement. Many of us already know he has the goods' date=' but before we can see him challenge for the belt, which is what we all really want to see, he needs to introduce himself to the casual UFC fan.

With the UFC promoting the **** out of UFC 121, with Brocktober and UFC primetime, this could rival UFC 100 in buys and I'll explain why.

UFC 116 had well over 1 million buys on [b']Fourth of July[/b] Weekend. A weekend where the parties are raging and there are many different things you could be doing instead of paying 50 bucks to watch a night of fights.

UFC 121 will have no competition holiday wise and if you haven't noticed, UFC 120 and 122 are free so your basically getting 3 cards for the price of one. UFC 120 will be filled to the brim with advertisements for UFC 121 along with likely live interviews from Brock and Cain.

Add in the exposure and marketing done for Cain Velasquez to intrigue the mexican population then you have yourself a ton of interest.

Also people have to know that this will most likely be an incredible night of fights!!

They like to call this the "Brock Effect". Take a look at UFC 116 where the card was underwhelming on paper, but turned out to be one of the greatest night of fights I have ever seen. Brock brings out the best in all the competitors for a number of reasons.

1. Everyone knows Brock will bring it on fight night.

2. Everyone knows that Brock draws big big numbers and this is a huge opportunity for them to gain recognition.

Just a side note here, but Brendan Schaub should be grateful to Brock instead of bashing his camp, that ungrateful swine. Schaub was on the preliminary card for UFC 116 and is now on the main card for UFC 121. He can attribute the majority of his exposure to the man they call the "Great White Gorilla"

The pressure is on... lets see who delivers.

Great post:)

wh-double-facepalm.jpg

Archived