Poor Jon

Animated86

So, Dana said that Jake Sheilds would get the next shot at the belt if he can get through Kampmann. What in the world is Jon Fitch going to do? The man has won all of his fights since losing to St-Pierre and is no closer to getting another title shot. I'm not a big fan of Fitch or Sheilds, but you gotta give up for Jon. He said a move to middleweight was going to happen... Maybe it should happen now.

I gaurantee you that once GSP dismisses Fraggle Rock all of Fitch's talk of moving to MW will be forgotten. The only reason he even is considerring making the move is so he won't have to face Koscheck. And being the small guy in the division does not play very well into his "grinder" style. You think he is a bore now, how do you think he would be when all he could do would be hold on for dear life and hope the judging criteria doesn't suddenly become more realistic and have more to do with fighting than "control".

And I am confused about some things. Some people seem to think that all the contenders must fight each other before anyone ever gets a title shot. Under that logic there would be maybe one title defense a year, and no one wants that, except Shogun fans.

He'll do good at MW but he won't be champ there either. He would prob lose to Sonnen' date=' Munoz, and Okami. Not to mention he is not going to get past Maia either. A drop to LW?? LMAO!!![/quote']

Yeah, we'll make it to the top 10 at middle weight, but not past the elite. A drop to lightweight? Haha. He would look dead. About how Hazelett will look at lightweight.

It's Fitch's fault that he's getting snubbed for a shot. If Dana wasn't getting a hundred complaints about how ****ing boring he is on twitter every single time he fights, I'm sure he'd be in the hunt right now. I know Dana isn't the one who makes the matches, but it's a safe bet that he has a huge say on what happens to who. There is no poor Jon. It's his lack of killer instinct and boring style that is ****ing him over. Instead of saying poor Jon all the time, how bout we urge him to learn how to use subs or GnP.

Dana wanted to have Jon Fitch vs Josh Kos winner gets GSP but Jon Fitch refused to ever fight Josh Kostcheck because their training partners so Dana stuck it to him and said then Josh is getting the title shot and since Shields was the champion in Strikeforce and just beat Dan Henderson, a solid win in the ufc definetly gives him a shot at the title. If Fitch does not want to fight Kos then thats his problem. Not like he has a chance to beat GSP anyway. The only way you can beat GSP now is by knockout and if Fitch cant finish anyone what makes anyone believe he can finish GSP a guy who destroyed him in their last fight

If I was Dana I would force Fitch into a 185 fight with a legit guy to prove to him that his idea is dumb. Like give him Okami or Sonnen or Munoz who are all great grapplers and just monsters in that division. Fitch would be crushed like a bug then move back down to WW

Even better, feed Fitch Palhares.

It would do a few people a favour !!!

i gaurantee you that once gsp dismisses fraggle rock all of fitch's talk of moving to mw will be forgotten. The only reason he even is considerring making the move is so he won't have to face koscheck. And being the small guy in the division does not play very well into his "grinder" style. You think he is a bore now' date=' how do you think he would be when all he could do would be hold on for dear life and hope the judging criteria doesn't suddenly become more realistic and have more to do with fighting than "control".

And i am confused about some things. Some people seem to think that all the contenders must fight each other before anyone ever gets a title shot. Under that logic there would be maybe one title defense a year, and no one wants that, except shogun fans.[/quote']

lmao!

I hope Fitch loses to Shields, I'm tired of seeing the guy win lol, he's too boring, was hoping to see Alves KTFO him, but that didn't happen (honestly didn't expect it to, but hope is nice...) I guess he's a good fighter though even though he couldn't finish Ben Saunders...

So' date=' Dana said that Jake Sheilds would get the next shot at the belt if he can get through Kampmann. [b']What in the world is Jon Fitch going to do?[/b] The man has won all of his fights since losing to St-Pierre and is no closer to getting another title shot. I'm not a big fan of Fitch or Sheilds, but you gotta give up for Jon. He said a move to middleweight was going to happen... Maybe it should happen now.

He'll pull another win off some guy and then get beat against GSP, then move up.

yeah IMO he will just move to MW sux at least Dana could make Shields/Fitch match for number 1 spot. I think Dana just wants GSP to beat Shields so he can say that the UFC has the best fighers seeing is how Jake was a champ in strikeforce.

+1 dana wants to make a statement.well shields already beaten gsp in a grappling match,and his win over hendo makes him a legit contender and a shot at the title but fitch already did his homework to getting another title shot so a #1 contender fight would be necessary.

Archived