Interracial Relationships..

Pro_Boxer

Sure he was being a **** to them because they were white and mexican or did he say something specifically to lead you to that conclusion?

I thought he was having a bad day, It was the cashier, But he was very polite to me. I stopped and watched how he treated the people behind me and he was polite to them. Maybe I am assuming but the only thing I could think of was the race thing.. A Latino cashier .. Serving a white man with a latino girl. But maybe I am wrong

I have an asian girlfriend and recently I was on the T (Public transportation in Boston) and 4 asian guys were sitting across from me just staring. I leaned back put my arm around her and looked directly at them. Good times.

Still taboo to some people I guess.

Way to stand up tho..

I moved from NY where its 95% white to South Florida where its 90% Latino. I'm white and let me tell you the Latino women are Caliente!!!!!! I have no problems at all with inter racial relationships at all, they encounter the same problems as regular domestic relationships. So long as everyone in the relationship is treated equal, I dont see a reason why anybody should mind

I moved from NY where its 95% white to South Florida where its 90% Latino. I'm white and let me tell you the Latino women are Caliente!!!!!! I have no problems at all with inter racial relationships at all' date=' they encounter the same problems as regular domestic relationships. So long as everyone in the relationship is treated equal, I dont see a reason why anybody should mind[/quote']

this...Miami has maaaad hot chics, only problem is most of them act like they are celebs...

Ummm why do you folks keep referring to Hispanics as another race? Hispanics are people of Spanish decent, Spain is in Europe. Thus they are of European decent. Just like English, French and Swedes. Just because they are brown (in general) and have a different culture does not make them a different race. It might be an intercultural relationship, but it's not interracial.

Ummm why do you folks keep referring to Hispanics as another race? Hispanics are people of Spanish decent' date=' Spain is in Europe. Thus they are of European decent. Just like English, French and Swedes. Just because they are brown (in general) and have a different culture does not make them a different race. It might be an intercultural relationship, but it's not interracial.[/quote']

if you care to get that technical the only races are classified as Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid.

I moved from NY where its 95% white to South Florida where its 90% Latino. I'm white and let me tell you the Latino women are Caliente!!!!!! I have no problems at all with inter racial relationships at all' date=' they encounter the same problems as regular domestic relationships. So long as everyone in the relationship is treated equal, I dont see a reason why anybody should mind[/quote']

The problem is usually with the families and the traditional culture, more so with the non-caucasian side. They have a different focus on family and such that they don't think an outsider to their culture can deal with. It's often not a racist attitude at all, just a concern for the difficulties of dealing with a 2 culture family.

Never much of an issue to people who can get a date with someone they find attractive, those who can't blame others for stealing their women.

In regards to parents some are very much against into racial relationships and but I can't think of any one culture that is worse for this then others.

I thought he was having a bad day' date=' It was the cashier, But he was very polite to me. I stopped and watched how he treated the people behind me and he was polite to them. Maybe I am assuming but the only thing I could think of was the race thing.. A Latino cashier .. Serving a white man with a latino girl. But maybe I am wrong[/quote']

Black and latino men get very pissed to see a white guy with a black/ latino girl.

It's a natural reaction that seems to be lacking in white men, though.

Oh ok. Thanks. I just asked cause im Ozzie and dont know too much about that.

So does trouble start with this kind of relationships?

Bring an Aboriginie home to mum and dad to find out.

Here in the States, it's "Tre Chic" for white girls to date black/ brown guys. Even the ugly ones that have nothing going for them. But if your going to be a white guy dating black/ brown women, you better stay away from the 'hood, and make sure wherever you are, the "numbers" are well on your side, or there will be trouble.

Bring an Aboriginie home to mum and dad to find out.

Here in the States' date=' it's "Tre Chic" for white girls to date black/ brown guys. Even the ugly ones that have nothing going for them. But if your going to be a white guy dating black/ brown women, you better stay away from the 'hood, and make sure wherever you are, the "numbers" are well on your side, or there will be trouble.[/quote']

Thanks for clearing that up.

And even if i lived at home, i wouldnt bring an aboriginal girl home. I just dont find them attractive, nice they may be, just not for me.

Each to their own.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And even if i lived at home' date=' i wouldnt bring an aboriginal girl home. I just dont find them attractive, nice they may be, just not for me.

Each to their own.[/quote']

I didn't mean to imply you lived at home. It is an expression when you have a significant other, and you have them meet your parents to get their opinion.

It is a tradition that transcends your age or where you live. If one has respect for the wisdom of their parents, and they meet someone with whom they are considering a serious relationship, then they introduce them to mom and dad to see how everyone gets along, and more importantly, what mom and dad's opinions are of this person. (Message.)

I didn't mean to imply you lived at home. It is an expression when you have a significant other' date=' and you have them meet your parents to get their opinion.

It is a tradition that transcends your age or where you live. If one has respect for the wisdom of their parents, and they meet someone with whom they are considering a serious relationship, then they introduce them to mom and dad to see how everyone gets along, and more importantly, what mom and dad's opinions are of this person. (Message.)[/quote']

Yeah i gathered. Just a mis-understanding.

Well i did bring a girl home when i was much younger to introduce to my olds, and they didnt have a problem with it, nor did her parents.

Even when we broke up when school finished, we still keep in contact and im good mates with her older brother.

Yeah i gathered. Just a mis-understanding.

Well i did bring a girl home when i was much younger to introduce to my olds' date=' and they didnt have a problem with it, nor did her parents.

Even when we broke up when school finished, we still keep in contact and im good mates with her older brother.[/quote']

When you get ready to settle down, it's good advice to get the parents "seal of approval."

I'm married, and I'm white and my wife is asian. I have found that the people that give us the worst looks and most disapproval are old fuddy duddy asians who came over from the their mainland. Other then that people our age never ever say anything about it.

Most specifically its kinda funny, when my wife and I go out to eat Chinese food at a Chinese restaurant they always place us with other mixed couples, and never in the general population of other asian only families/couples.

Thats about as bad as its been for me. I have no doubt though that there are still people who believe that you shouldn't marry outside your "race" (such a misnomer...). I know of people both white and asian who believe that.

It'll just take time for people to get used to it.

Oh no' date=' im not with her now.

But if i were to pop the question or for her to even move in to my unit, i would ask her parents. Just out of respect.[/quote']

I mean your parents. Whomever, and, whenever, "she" may be.

It is more your responsibility to have your parents approve, and likewise, her responsibility to have her parents approve.

Not a law, but if you respect their judgement, it's sound advice to make for a better long-term.

I'm married' date=' and I'm white and my wife is asian. I have found that the people that give us the worst looks and most disapproval are old fuddy duddy asians who came over from the their mainland. Other then that people our age never ever say anything about it.

Most specifically its kinda funny, when my wife and I go out to eat Chinese food at a Chinese restaurant they always place us with other mixed couples, and never in the general population of other asian only families/couples.

Thats about as bad as its been for me. I have no doubt though that there are still people who believe that you shouldn't marry outside your "race" (such a misnomer...). I know of people both white and asian who believe that.

It'll just take time for people to get used to it.[/quote']

You wouldn't know it to walk around, but the highest %age of mixed race marriages in the US are white males, and oriental females.

I mean your parents. Whomever' date=' and, whenever, "she" may be.

It is more your responsibility to have your parents approve, and likewise, her responsibility to have her parents approve.

Not a law, but if you respect their judgement, it's sound advice to make for a better long-term.[/quote']

Correct. Its morally right to do that.

Now here's hoping i find an attractive l***!!!:D

Archived