Who is the most diverse MMA fighter is?

Raptor_45

I know Anderson Silva may be one of the best at striking, but he is not really well known for his takedown attempts or ground dominance.

GSP is on the flipside. He is not known for having amazing stand-up skills (not that they are bad), but he is definitely more known for his ability to take a fight to the ground at will, and control it there.

Who in your opinion is the most diverse fighter? IE. Equally good at stand up as ground game, or over-all fighting ability?

Even though BJ Penn lost two times to Edgar, he seems like the most well-rounded fighter to me. What do you guys think?

I know Anderson Silva may be one of the best at striking' date=' but he is not really [i']well known[/i] for his takedown attempts or ground dominance.

GSP is on the flipside. He is not known for having amazing stand-up skills (not that they are bad), but he is definitely more known for his ability to take a fight to the ground at will, and control it there.

Who in your opinion is the most diverse fighter? IE. Equally good at stand up as ground game, or over-all fighting ability?

Even though BJ Penn lost two times to Edgar, he seems like the most well-rounded fighter to me. What do you guys think?

You said mma fighter not ufc fighter. So I will say aldo

GSP is. Because he does not use his stand up as much does not mean his stand up is bad or that he isn't a diverse and complete fighter.

You should have worded your question differently. Maybe somewhere along the lines of...

Who uses both the ground game and striking most efficiently. If that's what your question was supposed to be, then it's Fedor Emelianenko.

GSP. If you want to see what his striking looks like re-watch the Fitch fight. All of the people complaining about GSP taking fights to the ground should go complain about Anderson Silva wanting to stand with Thales Leites and Demian Maia. GSP is the most complete fighter in MMA. Just about the only aspect I haven't seen of him is a submission game from his back, because he's never there.

GSP. If you want to see what his striking looks like re-watch the Fitch fight. All of the people complaining about GSP taking fights to the ground should go complain about Anderson Silva wanting to stand with Thales Leites and Demian Maia. GSP is the most complete fighter in MMA. Just about the only aspect I haven't seen of him is a submission game from his back' date=' because he's never there.[/quote']

Everyone complained about those fights... and it was damn right to complain about them.

I know Anderson Silva may be one of the best at striking' date=' but he is not really [i']well known[/i] for his takedown attempts or ground dominance.

Pierre was known for his striking before he turned into a phenomenal wrestler. It improves along with everything else he trains. He is the most well rounded along with Fedor, Aldo, Silva (his wrestling sucks)

Archived