floyd mayweather is next

ghns1155

Mayweather wouldnt even do good in mma striking, he could out point the hell out of people, but he would have his legs eaten up with kicks, and he wouldnt be knocking mma guys out, because they are more well rounded in the standup, and Mayweather wouldnt have that kind of power even with 4 oz gloves. BJ would probably get outpointed in the standup, just as an fyi Mayweather is a more technical edgar without the threat of a takedown or leg kicks.

BJ is the bigger/more powerful man with a vastly superior ground game...

lol at comparing fighting Mayweather to fighting Edgar. Edgar has good wrestling, scrambling and has a purple belt in BJJ so his submission defense would be much better the PBF.

Penn would scoop Floyd's natural 135/140/147 *** up and slam him. Punch him in the face a few times before taking his back and choking him out.

Honestly you might see some sort of flying armbar or triangle if you put Floyd's **** in the cage under MMA rules against someone like Penn.

BJ is the bigger/more powerful man with a vastly superior ground game...

lol at comparing fighting Mayweather to fighting Edgar. Edgar has good wrestling' date=' scrambling and has a purple belt in BJJ so his submission defense would be much better the PBF.

Penn would scoop Floyd's natural 135/140/147 *** up and slam him. Punch him in the face a few times before taking his back and choking him out.

Honestly you might see some sort of flying armbar or triangle if you put Floyd's **** in the cage under MMA rules against someone like Penn.[/quote']

while a flying armbar would result in BJs getting KTFO against Floyd i agree, Edgar is a vastly superior martial artist to Floyd and the fight would be totally different, i disagree however about the weight, any MMAritst could take floyd down regardless of weight BJs fattass would just make him slower

while a flying armbar would result in BJs getting KTFO against Floyd i agree' date=' Edgar is a vastly superior martial artist to Floyd and the fight would be totally different, i disagree however about the weight, any MMAritst could take floyd down regardless of weight BJs fattass would just make him slower[/quote']

When you land an armbar and break someone's limb I doubt they are knocking you out with it.

So Penn is a **** again ehh? Yeah he might not be the most ripped but he's ruined plenty of ripped fighters like Sherk, Hughes, Stevenson, Sanchez, etc. He did more damage in the first GSP fight.

That's fine Penn could get stoned and stuck in a perma rubber guard throughout his entire training camp while shooting the **** with Eddie Bravo for 8-10 weeks and be just fine. He could eat whatever he wants and not even train and smash Mayweather out in the first round.

You are right about the weight issue though Floyd would get smashed in a MMA bout against any decent 135 or 145er. BWs and FWs that are not even ranked would submit him.

Taking him down is the easy part.

When you land an armbar and break someone's limb I doubt they are knocking you out with it.

So Penn is a **** again ehh? Yeah he might not be the most ripped but he's ruined plenty of ripped fighters like Sherk' date=' Hughes, Stevenson, Sanchez, etc. He did more damage in the first GSP fight.

That's fine Penn could get stoned and stuck in a perma rubber guard throughout his entire training camp while shooting the **** with Eddie Bravo for 8-10 weeks and be just fine. He could eat whatever he wants and not even train and smash Mayweather out in the first round.

You are right about the weight issue though Floyd would get smashed in a MMA bout against any decent 135 or 145er. BWs and FWs that are not even ranked would submit him.

Taking him down is the easy part.[/quote']

totally anyone with a background in rastling or BJJ could take him down and submit him but a flying arm bar lol

Not anyone would submit him with a flying armbar don't take things the wrong way. However a high level BJJ blackbelt submitting a boxer with a flying submission is not out of the question though.

of course not its not something that you learn within a couple years of practicing BJJ, a high level Black Belt with enough balls probably could throw it on him, my initial post on this thread however stated that if he trained in MMA years ago he would be pretty good due to his dedication to fighting but right now he is James Toney part 2

of course not its not something that you learn within a couple years of practicing BJJ' date=' a high level Black Belt with enough balls probably could throw it on him, my initial post on this thread however stated that if he trained in MMA years ago he would be pretty good due to his dedication to fighting but right now he is James Toney part 2[/quote']

Pretty much but he's a much younger/less punch drunk version of Toney though. Power will not translate to MMA like a **** blown up superMW boxer will though so I don't even think that Floyd would have one punch KO power against anyone worth mentioning at 155. Maybe one of the lower weightclasses but he's not knocking out a top tier 155 with one shot in MMA unless it is perfectly timed and placed.

MMA fighters at 135/145/155 known for their stand up and tend to get outgrappled/submitted would work Mayweather over on the ground though.

It would be kinda like someone who is almost as dumb but atleast he's an AMERICAN MAN THAT WOULD NOT NEED SUBTITLES SPEAKING ENGLISH on the primetime/countdown show/prefight hype/any interview in a country that tends to speak English.

thats what i was trying to say' date=' given some time (and by time i mean 5+ years) Floyd could have been a force with his boxing as a base, if got some Judo/BJJ skills and a sprawl he would be amazing at 145/55[/quote']

I mean Toney was a farce. He was WAY past it and only trained MMA for a very short time.

whats the difference' date=',, CAN Floyd wrestler ????????

P.S : dana white said it many times after da toney fight that there wont be any boxing vs mma fights[/quote']

Floyd is not old and washed up like Toney .

And Floyd has some wrestling experience, unlike Toney.

So there is a big dif.

Floyd not old and washed up like Toney .

And Floyd has some wrestling experience' date=' unlike Toney.

So there is a big dif.[/quote']

lets forget about the toney and Floyd dif

let me ask U this >> if bj penn took Floyd down ,, do u think he will be able 2 SUB him ?

the answer of that ,, make this fight or any boxing vs mma fight look stupid and dont make any sense

and i thought people will not bring this idea again after the toney fight

Archived