Is GSP boring

Itza_Mario_Kart

Pierre didnt want to break Hardys arm. Couldnt finish Alves or Fitch but beat the living crap out of them. Fitch the most. He pretty much said in the conference for 124 that he will not hesitate to break a limb if thats what it takes to get the victory. He also said he isnt faund of his fights he did not finish. He wants to finish, he cares about finishing. For all you people who say safe = takedowns. Thats bull. He passes guard, looks for submissions and while doing that pounds on your face.

i dont think he is boring. his decisions are more entertainiing that some finishes .

*cough cought* *frank mir*

you're saying just because mir had 1 boring knockout he's a boring fighter or something?

that main event was better then any of gsp's fights , except for bj penn 1 or 2. only because of the state gsp was in.

you're saying just because mir had 1 boring knockout he's a boring fighter or something?

that main event was better then any of gsp's fights ' date=' except for bj penn 1 or 2. only because of the state gsp was in.[/quote']

Other than the Hardy fight name one GSP fight that was boring.

Some people don't enjoy the technical brilliance he displays. All they care for is the finish, and completely disregard the impeccable display of mixed martial arts for the entire fight.

I think he is one of the most entertaining fighters to watch. I find it amazing that he's in almost no danger when stepping into the cage. I watch to see if a fighter is skilled enough to put him in danger and it's been quite a while.

In short, No GSP is not boring.

The difference between GSP and Fitch, Rashad, Bader, and just about every other wrassler in MMA is that he is constantly working to improve position and attempt to finish.

I do happen to think that he is given too much leaway in this area when whoever he is fighting defends to a stalemate on the ground and it is NEVER restarted. It doesn't happen often but BJ did it in their first fight and Hardy definitely did, yet those fights were never stood up because he IS GSP after all.

And I also happen to think anyone crying about the Hardy fight being boring is totally off base. The ground work displayed by both men was something beautifulto watch. GSP fans can incorrectly go on about how GSP shoulda/coulda/woulda broken his arm but the fact is Hardy had much better ground defense in that fight than anyone GSP has ever fought. Georgey Boy himself said he was trying to break it but Hardy's defense was too good.

You want to see a boring ground fighter? Watch Fitch or Rashad. In Fitch's last fight he threw a TOTAL of 15 ground strikes while he was in control position for about 11 out of 15 minutes. That is completely pathetic right there.

The thing which does disappoint me about Georges at times is the fact that everyone knows he has one of the most well rounded and diverse skillsets in all of MMA, yet chooses never to show it so he can fight the safe fight for the points win in pursuit of Matt Hughes' records. He can strike among the best, his jiu jitsu is developing into true blackbelt level, yet he chooses again and again to take the "strategic" route of TD, control, GnP, rinse and repeat.

I personally like BJ's approach the best. Start out striking, and win the fight in whatever position comes up in the course of action (except for against Frankie) instead of going into the fight with the intention of taking it immediately to the ground and grinding it out.

Archived