Who Says Rashad Has a Glass Jaw?!?

Starr788

I just watched the replay of Machida vs Rashad.....is it just me or did Rashad eat like a dozen clean blows before finally going out!! How can someone possibly watch that fight and come to the conclusion that he has a glass jaw, that makes absolutely no sense to me....isn't Machida considered one of the best fighters in the world?!? Do people just dislike Rashad that much that they are willing to make nonsense statements and stick by them?

Ayayayayaya!

I just watched the replay of Machida vs Rashad.....is it just me or did Rashad eat like a dozen clean blows before finally going out!! How can someone possibly watch that fight and come to the conclusion that he has a glass jaw' date=' that makes absolutely no sense to me....isn't Machida considered one of the best fighters in the world?!? Do people just dislike Rashad that much that they are willing to make nonsense statements and stick by them?

Ayayayayaya![/quote']

but the first one rocked him . when shogun got hit clean on the jaw by lyoto he jus kept on cummin like a zombie.

I just watched the replay of Machida vs Rashad.....is it just me or did Rashad eat like a dozen clean blows before finally going out!! How can someone possibly watch that fight and come to the conclusion that he has a glass jaw' date=' that makes absolutely no sense to me....isn't Machida considered one of the best fighters in the world?!? Do people just dislike Rashad that much that they are willing to make nonsense statements and stick by them?

Ayayayayaya![/quote']

I have been trying to say this for so long lol.

Rashad is well known for going out and waking up before he hits the ground. He admitted to going out to one of Rampage's punches and waking up before he hit the ground. If he has anything' date=' it is a chin.[/quote']

That's recovery. Rashad's chin however is BORDER LINE GLASS. He's getting rocked left and right by anything that touches his chin. He's able to recover though. Now against a vicious lion like Shogun, Rashad will have all but one second to recover before Shogun the lion pounces for the neck and delivers the kill

Machida has pillow fists' date=' if you get knocked out by someone with pillow fists they'res something wrong with your chin[/quote']

I unno maaaaan...Thiago Silva's jaw looks gigantic and he went out from lesser shots landed by Machida...

And in regards to Rashad getting wobbled by Thiago and Rampage, aren't they both considered knockout artists?!? Lol...I mean, they've knocked plenty of people out before, and Rashad survived both of them

Lets face it, the only way rashad wins is if he fights like a ******.

If he gets hit on that chin he's screwed. I can see Rua finishing him in the 3rd round.

knocked out by Lyoto. Not the biggest puncher in the divison but certainly doesnt have pillow fists.

Rocked by Rampage. Rampage is a big strong guy but he rocked Rashad with the first meaningful punch he landed.

Thiago is a good striker but again he lands a good punch and Rashad forgets were his legs are.

He does have good recovery, thats a testimony to his fitness. but if Rua rocks him like rampage did it will be a bad ending for rashad. Thiago and Rampage are good fighters but Rua is a hole different ball game.

I presume Rashad is hoping for the forrest griffin Rua to come out to fight.

I unno maaaaan...Thiago Silva's jaw looks gigantic and he went out from lesser shots landed by Machida...

And in regards to Rashad getting wobbled by Thiago and Rampage' date=' aren't they both considered knockout artists?!? Lol...I mean, they've knocked plenty of people out before, and Rashad survived both of them[/quote']

1. Jardin survived Rampage too

2.Rampage had Rashad OUT with a grazing punch.

3.Thiago throws arm punches, albiet he's still a big muscular man, and he really doesn't have fast hands either.

Anyway, when Rashad gets touched on the chin he gets wobbled. It's as simple as that.

That vicious KO he suffered weakened his chin for life. Not long before Shogun destroys it IMO

Lets face it' date=' the only way rashad wins is if he fights like a ******.

If he gets hit on that chin he's screwed. I can see Rua finishing him in the 3rd round.

knocked out by Lyoto. Not the biggest puncher in the divison but certainly doesnt have pillow fists.

Rocked by Rampage. Rampage is a big strong guy but he rocked Rashad with the first meaningful punch he landed.

Thiago is a good striker but again he lands a good punch and Rashad forgets were his legs are.

He does have good recovery, thats a testimony to his fitness. but if Rua rocks him like rampage did it will be a bad ending for rashad. Thiago and Rampage are good fighters but Rua is a hole different ball game.

I presume Rashad is hoping for the forrest griffin Rua to come out to fight.[/quote']

Shogun has improved so much since then. His greatly added technique and greatly improved skills and experience will be there. It's his level of fitnes that some will question come fight time because of the injury, but Dana said Shogun was recovering extremely well and that Rua would be back better then ever

Does the OP remember the Forrest fight? As I recall, Evans was getting rocked by punches from Forrest who is nowhere near a KO artist. Add that to pretty much every other fight he has been punched in, and he does indeed have a glass chin.

If Lidell's punch hit before Evans punch. Evans would have been scraped off the mat.

Ayayayayaya![/quote']

its because of the idiots who think machida has no power at all and people say thiago silva has a glass jaw but the antonia mendes (think thats how you spell it) fight proves that he doesnt

I beg to differ. Lyoto aint got pillow fists. How many times did he drop Thiago?

And he's a counter pucher !!!

This.

And he knocked Rashad down like 5 times before delivering what would've probably been KO of the Year if not for Hendo/Bisping. Machida has plenty of power. Aggressiveness and power don't always need to be paired. In fact, a counter puncher with power in his hands is even more dangerous.

As for Rashad, he can't take a punch, but to be considered "glass jawed" imo it involves ability to recover as well, and while he will probably get KOd a good few times too, he's showed that he can come back from it fairly well.

I just watched the replay of Machida vs Rashad.....is it just me or did Rashad eat like a dozen clean blows before finally going out!! How can someone possibly watch that fight and come to the conclusion that he has a glass jaw' date=' that makes absolutely no sense to me....isn't Machida considered one of the best fighters in the world?!? [b']Do people just dislike Rashad that much that they are willing to make nonsense statements and stick by them?[/b]

Ayayayayaya!

you're saying one thing , then the bold words say another.

makes no sense

i wouldn't say Rashad has a glass jaw. I would actually say he has a pretty decent chin. However' date=' he is really lame. Great fighter, lotta skill. But super lame.[/quote']

Rashad's "skill" is over rated.

I don't think ive ever seen a top fighter like Rashad lose so many rounds and get out struck in so many fights throughout their career

He's also been extremely lucky to have had so many super close split decisions called his way(that draw was some bull too)

This.

And he knocked Rashad down like 5 times before delivering what would've probably been KO of the Year if not for Hendo/Bisping. Machida has plenty of power. Aggressiveness and power don't always need to be paired. In fact' date=' a counter puncher with power in his hands is even more dangerous.

As for Rashad, he can't take a punch, but to be considered "glass jawed" imo it involves ability to recover as well, and while he will probably get KOd a good few times too, he's showed that he can come back from it fairly well.[/quote']

No, chin and recovery are two seperate things.

Your chin is ability to take a shot to the head. Recovery is how fast you can recover after becoming rocked

Rashad's chin is border line glass and it can only get worse. Once the lights go off like that in brutal fashion its easier to turn the off switch again and again

And Rashad "recovering" had more to do with Thiago and Rampage's complete lack of intent to finish

Against the greatest killer instinct in the sport in Shogun Rashad will not get that chance to recover

And in regards to Rashad getting wobbled by Thiago and Rampage' date=' aren't they both considered knockout artists?!? Lol...I mean, they've knocked plenty of people out before, and Rashad survived both of them[/quote']

Did you see how hard Thiago got hit? The first one all of Machida's wieght came crashing down on Thiago's chin.

In regards to the second part he got wobbled by them both late in the fight were there punches have alot less power. Plus the fight with Rampage would of finished if he hadn't held onto his shorts and cheated.

Rampage knocked down Jardine a couple times and pretty much broke Jardine's "chin" and his ufc career. You could say Rampage did that to Chuck as well.

And Rashad's chin is so bad he ran into Rampage's legs and got dazed.

Rewatch it Rampage threw a lefthook that hit the side/back of Rashads head, Rashad buckled and fell in between rampages legs, although it did kinda look like he hit his knee

Archived