Realistic reasons why Koscheck is hopeless when pitted against GSP.

Raptor_45

For starters, Koscheck would NEVER want to have to stand and strike with Georges St-Pierre. GSP completely dominated Thiago Alves in the stand-up, as well as took him down at will. Koscheck was unable to do either of the two, and got completely dominated by Thiago Alves.

In Koscheck's last fight against a one-dimensional striker, with virtually no "ground game," Koscheck landed a total of 37 punches that amounted to virtually no damage. No serious submission attempts. A true "lay and pray."

Georges St-Pierre took Dan Hardy, a fighter with a black belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu to the ground and landed over 147 strikes, and literally had a valid submission attempt. Doing this to Dan Hardy is far more difficult than doing this to Paul Daley.

Lastly, GSP has been training with Olympic Gold Medalist boxers for over a year now, and regularly works with Freddy Roach.

I don't know what you guys are smoking, but Koscheck would be insane to WANT to stand with GSP, and if he couldn't take Thiago down, he certainly could not take GSP down. Nor would he stand a chance on the ground with GSP even if he could take him down.

For starters' date=' Koscheck would NEVER want to have to stand and strike with Georges St-Pierre. GSP completely dominated Thiago Alves in the stand-up, as well as took him down at will. Koscheck was unable to do either of the two, and got completely dominated by Thiago Alves.

In Koscheck's last fight against a one-dimensional striker, with virtually no "ground game," Koscheck landed a total of 37 punches that amounted to virtually no damage. No serious submission attempts. A true "lay and pray."

Georges St-Pierre took Dan Hardy, a fighter with a black belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu to the ground and landed over 147 strikes, and literally had a valid submission attempt. Doing this to Dan Hardy is far more difficult than doing this to Paul Daley.

Lastly, GSP has been training with Olympic Gold Medalist boxers for over a year now, and regularly works with Freddy Roach.

I don't know what you guys are smoking, but Koscheck would be insane to WANT to stand with GSP, and if he couldn't take Thiago down, he certainly could not take GSP down. Nor would he stand a chance on the ground with GSP even if he could take him down.[/quote']

I gotta say, GSP is my pick in this fight. However, I am not forgetting that Kos has a powerful right hand. If it lands, it could very well be game over for GSP. Don't forget that it only takes one punch. Don't you remember Matt Serra? <-----Prime example of what I am trying to say.

I actually like Koscheck and like his personality that I have seen on the show, but I get irritated to hear the same people make unrealistic claims about GSP's upcoming fights and repeatedly be wrong. It is getting to the point where they can't find guys that offer him valid competition, and that in itself is boring. One-sided fights are never fun to watch.

And in that same situation Hardy was in, most fighters would have tapped. I consider that valid.

I would love to see Koscheck come out there and offer GSP competition, or even win. I'm not a big fan of one-sided fights. But I don't think he is the guy to do it. Jake Shields is another great wrestler (not sure if he's as great as GSP at WW), but he sucks horribly at stand-up. I don't think he is the answer for GSP either.

I never meant to imply that Koscheck doesn't have knock out power. I know untrained fighters who have knock out power, lol. I do feel that GSP's striking outclasses Koscheck's (as proven when both fought Thiago Alves), and beyond just proof in fights, credential wise too.

I never meant to imply that Koscheck doesn't have knock out power. I know untrained fighters who have knock out power' date=' lol. I do feel that GSP's striking outclasses Koscheck's (as proven when both fought Thiago Alves), and beyond just proof in fights, credential wise too.[/quote']

Very true... I would give the technical striking advantage to GSP but power would go to Ko's; which is probably his best bet of winning.

Georges St-Pierre took Dan Hardy' date=' a fighter with a black belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu[/b']

Quit reading after this. ****. Hardy is a purple belt. Purple, black, purple, black... I guess they are close, if you are a complete idiot.

Anyways, realistically Koscheck has a punchers chance, but little else. But, if he tries to do anything other than wing that right hand at GSP, he'll get beat up. Technically, GSP is far superior in just about every aspect of MMA to Kos, or any Mixed Martial Artist on the planet. Kos does have a fantastic Wrestling pedigree, and he'll have to use that to stuff a TD and hope that he catches GSP off guard with that slow pitch overhand. Despite being the more decorated Wrestler, GSP's wrestling is still far better though.

For starters' date=' Koscheck would NEVER want to have to stand and strike with Georges St-Pierre. GSP completely dominated Thiago Alves in the stand-up, as well as took him down at will. Koscheck was unable to do either of the two, and got completely dominated by Thiago Alves.

I don't know what you guys are smoking, but Koscheck would be insane to WANT to stand with GSP, and if he couldn't take Thiago down, he certainly could not take GSP down. Nor would he stand a chance on the ground with GSP even if he could take him down.[/quote']

You're full of sh..

1. GSP didn't dominate Thiago Alves in the stand up

2. Dan Hardy is not a black belt in BJJ. (You must have BJJ mixed up with Taekwondo.)

3. Explain to me what a 'valid submission attempt" is. You either submit someone or you don't, and it bodes worse for GSP since he couldn't complete that sub attempt on Hardy.

4. The Kos / Alves fight was years ago. Poor comparison.

This all equals = A very poor trolling attempt on your part.

You're full of sh..

2. Dan Hardy is not a black belt in BJJ. (You must have BJJ mixed up with Taekwondo.)

3. Explain to me what a 'valid submission attempt" is. You either submit someone or you don't' date=' and it bodes worse for GSP since he couldn't complete that sub attempt on Hardy.

This all equals = A very poor trolling attempt on your part.[/quote']

Raptor is a **** that's full of ****. But GSP did dominate Alves standing. Watch the fight.

You're full of sh..

3. Explain to me what a 'valid submission attempt" is. You either submit someone or you don't' date=' and it bodes worse for GSP since he couldn't complete that sub attempt on Hardy.

This all equals = A very poor trolling attempt on your part.[/quote']

You really don't understand this sport, do ya?

A valid submission attempt is what GSP did to Hardy.

It's also what happens when somebody is stuck in a choke for a good period of time.

Submission attempts count as offense. Putting your arm around somebody's neck in a position where you have little to no chance at finishing them, is NOT a valid submission attempt.

See the difference?

You really don't understand this sport' date=' do ya?

A valid submission attempt is what GSP did to Hardy.

It's also what happens when somebody is stuck in a choke for a good period of time.

Submission attempts count as offense. Putting your arm around somebody's neck in a position where you have little to no chance at finishing them, is NOT a valid submission attempt.

See the difference?[/quote']

So genius, does GSP get points for almost submitting Hardy or does he get docked points for screwing it up when any other sub artist would have finished Hardy off. Take your ultimate wisdom, valid submission attempts, and GSP's nuts to another forum.

So genius' date=' does GSP get points for almost submitting Hardy or does he get docked points for screwing it up when any other sub artist would have finished Hardy off. Take your ultimate wisdom, valid submission attempts, and GSP's nuts to another forum.[/quote']

LMAO!

He absolutely gets points for that. If you're too blind to realize that Hardy was in a position where he was almost finished, then there is no hope for you.

Go watch something a little easier to follow.. like boxing.

LMAO!

He absolutely gets points for that. If you're too blind to realize that Hardy was in a position where he was almost finished' date=' then there is no hope for you.

Go watch something a little easier to follow.. like boxing.[/quote']

what I'm laughing about is how you keep using the word almost when referring to GSP. ALMOST is like trying to do your best, WINNERS go home and fu.. the prom queen.

No sh.. he gets point for a sub attempt. My point is he didn't get it which makes him look even worse. A little sensitve towards GSP. You must be in love.

Koscheck has an advantage standing with GSP... Too bad we won't get to see a standup fight at all.

Koschek has one "good" punch, an overhand right. I quote "good" because it's a punch that against any good boxer is nearly useless on it's own. Saying he has an advantage standing with GSP is highly debatable.

So genius' date=' does GSP get points for almost submitting Hardy or does he get docked points for screwing it up when any other sub artist would have finished Hardy off. Take your ultimate wisdom, valid submission attempts, and GSP's nuts to another forum.[/quote']

Of course he gets points for almost submitting him, if you don't think so you're a complete moron.

I think some people need to take a look at that fight again especially after the fight. GSP didn't screw up this submission! Hardy's shoulder was pretty much "out of the socket " as i would say. GSP even ask him after if his arm was made of rubber!. He could of kept pulling even harder but he let it go (watch it if you don't believe me). Some people are just double jointed or just have joints that can take a lot of tension.

what I'm laughing about is how you keep using the word almost when referring to GSP. ALMOST is like trying to do your best' date=' WINNERS go home and fu.. the prom queen.

No sh.. he gets point for a sub attempt. My point is he didn't get it which makes him look even worse. A little sensitve towards GSP. You must be in love.[/quote']

The reason I'm referring to GSP, is because he is the topic of this thread.

What's your point?

How does not getting a submission make you look bad? I've seen tons of 'submission guys' fail at submission attempts.

What I'm trying to explain to you, is what constitutes a VALID attempt.

Apparently, your simple brain can't understand this. All you can see is "GSP this", and "GSP that". Maybe you're the one who's 'in love' with him.

Grow up.

Archived