Users being Banned

BrownRukus

Just wondering why are you (the mods) banning people by user name and not by IP?

Okay u might say "oh they just gonna go sign up somewhere else" but suppose if you look at it like this.

User: UFCMMA has an IP Address of 192.168.1.100, now suppose you ban those two as one entity.

Now, this person goes to a library name makes account MMAUFC and has an IP Address of 192.168.2.101. Yes this person has a new entity, but this person is gonna go back to the original computer where he started from 192.168.1.100, which is banned regardless of the new user name.

Of course there are going to be certain ****s who have a laptop and go to skool everyday and plug into another jack, are they really going to make a new user name everyday? And if they do it will get to the point banning an IP address is not enuff you just have to ban the whole subnet. For Example. 192.168.*.*

Just wondering why are you (the mods) banning people by user name and not by IP?

Okay u might say "oh they just gonna go sign up somewhere else" but suppose if you look at it like this.

User: UFCMMA has an IP Address of 192.168.1.100' date=' now suppose you ban those two as one entity.

Now, this person goes to a library name makes account MMAUFC and has an IP Address of 192.168.2.101. Yes this person has a new entity, but this person is gonna go back to the original computer where he started from 192.168.1.100, which is banned regardless of the new user name.

Of course there are going to be certain ****s who have a laptop and go to skool everyday and plug into another jack, are they really going to make a new user name everyday? And if they do it will get to the point banning an IP address is not enuff you just have to ban the whole subnet. For Example. 192.168.*.*[/quote']

there's sites out there that create new Proxy ID's so the IP address would be different everytime.

But only pathetic losers *cough*UFCpeon*cough* would waste this much time to get a new IP address

User: UFCMMA has an IP Address of 192.168.1.100' date=' now suppose you ban those two as one entity.

Of course there are going to be certain ****s who have a laptop and go to skool everyday and plug into another jack, are they really going to make a new user name everyday? And if they do it will get to the point banning an IP address is not enuff you just have to ban the whole subnet. For Example. 192.168.*.*[/quote']

yes..........they have to do something, it's getting stupid

there's sites out there that create new Proxy ID's so the IP address would be different everytime.

But only pathetic losers *cough*UFCpeon*cough* would waste this much time to get a new IP address

If that is the case. go to the extreme ban the MAC ADDRESS + IP + Username. Now that unit is useless, banning the mac address would solve the laptop issue IMO

Of course there are going to be certain ****s who have a laptop and go to skool everyday and plug into another jack, are they really going to make a new user name everyday? [b']And if they do it will get to the point banning an IP address is not enuff you just have to ban the whole subnet. For Example. 192.168.*.*[/b]

well, 192.168.1.100 is pretty much the default for every router on the market. banning that would result in no one being here. Actually, that's not the way it really works. Your service provider provides you with an i.p address, 24.158.4.82 for example. Your router provides all computers under it with an i.p usually going 1.92.168.1.100..101..102.103 ect.

but it's the service providers i.p, not the one the router assigned you, that is what would show up on any i.p trace.

So' date=' The rules given to the MODS concerning "Banning Users" is that MODS are not able to ban by IP or MAC ADDRESS only by username?[/quote']

and i don't think the site admin has the ability to check MAC addresses, i believe only your search provider, although this i could be mistaken on.

well' date=' 192.168.1.100 is pretty much the default for every router on the market. banning that would result in no one being here. Actually, that's not the way it really works. Your service provider provides you with an i.p address, 24.158.4.82 for example. Your router provides all computers under it with an i.p usually going 1.92.168.1.100..101..102.103 ect.

but it's the[i'] service providers i.p[/i], not the one the router assigned you, that is what would show up on any i.p trace.

I know, I was just using the 192.168 scenario cause its common and everybdy here can relate to it.

well' date=' 192.168.1.100 is pretty much the default for every router on the market. banning that would result in no one being here. Actually, that's not the way it really works. Your service provider provides you with an i.p address, 24.158.4.82 for example. Your router provides all computers under it with an i.p usually going 1.92.168.1.100..101..102.103 ect.

but it's the[i'] service providers i.p[/i], not the one the router assigned you, that is what would show up on any i.p trace.

dang, somebody knows their computers;)

and i don't think the site admin has the ability to check MAC addresses' date=' i believe only your search provider, although this i could be mistaken on.[/quote']

Your right, I kinda jumped the gun on the Mac Address. Mac Address only can be found if your on their LAN or in front of their PC.

I know' date=' I was just using the 192.168 scenario cause its common and everybdy here can relate to it.[/quote']

in that case, and i'm not trying to be a jerk, i don't see how your idea would work.

they couldn't ban harvard university cuz of one person, for example

or the whole range of i.p's sprint bell provides to it's customers in Nantucket

get what i'm saying?

in that case' date=' and i'm not trying to be a jerk, i don't see how your idea would work.

they couldn't ban harvard university cuz of one person, for example

or the whole range of i.p's sprint bell provides to it's customers in Nantucket

get what i'm saying?[/quote']

Don't these uni's use a subnet mask?

Like when I went to school, my ip address would be 172.154.16.50, now when I went to a different floor it would be 172.154.17.64. So essentially couldn't we ban 172.154.16.* ?

Yes I realize that it would be an inconvenience for other @ this place, but all it takes is one bad seed.

well..you can always hijack the comp IP if ya are afraid to use your own

Archived