KOS and lucky punches

the_boxing_myth

I always wondered the same thing... I mean they train all the time throwing the same kinda punches but I guess you just have to be luckey to land one.

Luckey punch- A punch thrown that the other guy happen to not see and walked right into

imo theres nothing lucky about that though....if the person didnt see it then the person throwing it is a good puncher and if the person walked right into it then its a perfectly timed punch

i would say lucky punch both swinging for the fences chins high and one happens to hit on the button

that would be an extreme example i suppose

that is a good discription of a luckey punch..... kinda like chuck/reshad fight..... but at the same time is it luckey that the guy who lands the punch is fater?

A lucky punch is someone like that one guy.Who was getting pumelled by Duffee and then just hit him on the button.People say Duffee has a glass jaw but that could of just been on the right spot.So to me that was a desperate lucky punch that came out of no where.

People that say Kos will get a lucky punch meaning he has no chance,but if he does they'll consider it a fluke.Instead they'd say it's a lucky punch.

GSP outclasses Kos by a tiny margin in all aspects of MMA.He's just a tad better in every area.Kos just has power in his hands.That is his advantage.

I dont think there is a thing as a lucky punch if you threw it with the intention of hitting your opponent then thats not a lucky punch although i think an "accidental knockout" where when you know the opponent out with the first punch and swing another punch on the opponent's way to the canvas (i.e evans vs liddell) thats more along the lines of a "Lucky K.O"

define lucky punch....to me a lucky punch is if someone slips and falls on your fist or if the person lands a punch that was not but threw a kick....why do so many people think the only way KOS can win is by lucky punch? is that even possible?

i see KOS winning by tko....hopefully he's inproved his wrestling

Hopefully he;'s improved his stand up, since GSP schooled him last time.

Seriously. Koscheck needs a miracle to win. All GSP needs is a decent effort.

Lucky punch:

A fight winning punch' date=' usually resulting in a knockout. This only applies when the fighter who throws the punch, is outclassed and would normally have little to no chance of winning the fight any other way. 9 times out of 10, this fighter would lose terribly.[/quote']

If there is such a thing as a "lucky punch" well this ^^^^^^^^ is how i think it is best descibed.

Archived