UFC Wants Mexican Fighters?

Javynstuff

We can all easily tell that the ufc wants more Mexican fans' date=' but do they want more mexican fighters?, mexico has produced some of the best boxers the worlds ever seen, does anyone think mexico could produce good MMA fighters though?[/quote']

Sorry but MMA is not only boxing .. did you watch Randy vs Toney ??

I think it is the strong ethic' date=' and early exposure to boxing that makes them successful boxers, Javyn. Not their "boxing heritage." I think they [Mexico'] would produce good MMA fighters as they produce great boxers.

U mean they would come up with a better wrestling than americans or a "mexican jiu-jitsu" ?? No doubt on how good mexicans and cubans are in boxing but MMA is waaaaaay more than just boxing ...

Nope i dont think so. Mexico has not good wrestling or BJJ basis. We dont have wrestling in junior or highschool or college, like in USA and to give you an idea on how bad we are in BJJ, there is only one Gracie Jiu Jitsu black belt in all Mexico and like 5 black belts under Felipe Costa. We dont have good Muay thai fighters either. We are only fast with our hands and only the lighter weights. I think Mexico is a long way from producing decent MMA fighters. and the worst is that we dont have a profesional industry to motivate young talents to try a carrer in MMA. Lucha Libre or Boxing is the best shot for a fighter here. I have been trainig for over a year and i can see that my trainig is very weak in wrestling, takedowns, etc.

Nope i dont think so. Mexico has not good wrestling or BJJ basis. We dont have wrestling in junior or highschool or college' date=' like in USA and to give you an idea on how bad we are in BJJ, there is only one Gracie Jiu Jitsu black belt in all Mexico and like 5 black belts under Felipe Costa. We dont have good Muay thai fighters either. We are only fast with our hands and only the lighter weights. I think Mexico is a long way from producing decent MMA fighters. and the worst is that we dont have a profesional industry to motivate young talents to try a carrer in MMA. Lucha Libre or Boxing is the best shot for a fighter here. I have been trainig for over a year and i can see that my trainig is very weak in wrestling, takedowns, etc.[/quote']

Thank you !!!

A LOT of good mexican strikes would show up, but their downfall would be wrestling (unless they're Mexican-American like Cain and wrestled). It's also a potential big PPV check as Latinos will support all their fighters no matter what. This in my opinion is a big step to outreach MMA into the world.

Thank you !!!

Im just stating a fact. I know where our weakneses are. But maybe some day.

We need promotions like UFC or other down here to start pushing the pace. And maybe just maybe the gyms will start updating towars better BJJ and wresttling.

yeah im portugues and a little brazilian ....but i notice that alot of mexican fighters are different in a way like they wud rather die then lose lol did anyone see mosley vs that one mexican dude man mosly was smashing him over and over and that guy kept comin harder and harder great heart

Nope i dont think so. Mexico has not good wrestling or BJJ basis. We dont have wrestling in junior or highschool or college' date=' like in USA and to give you an idea on how bad we are in BJJ, there is only one Gracie Jiu Jitsu black belt in all Mexico and like 5 black belts under Felipe Costa. We dont have good Muay thai fighters either. We are only fast with our hands and only the lighter weights. I think Mexico is a long way from producing decent MMA fighters. and the worst is that we dont have a profesional industry to motivate young talents to try a carrer in MMA. Lucha Libre or Boxing is the best shot for a fighter here. I have been trainig for over a year and i can see that my trainig is very weak in wrestling, takedowns, etc.[/quote']

that's a god point

However the ufc would not go to mexico t get these fighters. They will more than likely get american- mexicans or american-latinos that have a strong wrestling foundation. Many forget that before cain there was tito ortiz , roger huerta , diego sanchez, nick diaz.

I dont know why some of these noobs think ufc trying to promote mexican fighters is new. Its been around for years , and the biggest example is tito ortiz.

Hell , kenny florian and roger huerta always do interviews in spanish , same applies for efrain escudero.

There are others like ortiz , sanchez , dias that can not speak spanish but they still come on with the mexican flag ( sometimes)....

This is not new peple , wake up , its been going on for years

I m guessing tito ortiz being close to retirement is the main reason why the ufc wants to promote cain velasquez as the next mexican - american mma fighter.

I'm from Mexico. I also happen to be a 3 time state wrestling champion, yet my BJJ is better than my wrestling.

Basically, my point is just because someone is born in said country does not mean they can't go to another country to train and become better mixed martial artists. They can still be hyped as Mexican fighters.

I'm from Mexico. I also happen to be a 3 time state wrestling champion' date=' yet my BJJ is better than my wrestling.

Basically, my point is just because someone is born in said country does not mean they can't go to another country to train and become better mixed martial artists. They can still be hyped as Mexican fighters.[/quote']

Exatly, is not that mexicans cant perform well in wrestling or bjj is just that we dont have good coaches in the subject. If you have the oportunity to train in brazil or USA any mexican or guy from any culture can learn good wrestling or bjj. For example Mario Delgado the only Mexican Black Belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu trained in NY and came back to Mexico.

U mean they would come up with a better wrestling than americans or a "mexican jiu-jitsu" ?? No doubt on how good mexicans and cubans are in boxing but MMA is waaaaaay more than just boxing ...

Well duh. I think the point the OP is making is that mexico has a very strong fighting heritage because they are passionate about boxing and because of the type of gritty fighting style associated with mexican fighters. There's no reason to believe mexican fighter wouldn't excel in mma as well if it gained national popularity. They aren't good boxers because they have some kind of natural disposition to it that wouldn't apply to mma. They're good boxers because of the culture that surrounds it. That same culture applied to mma would yeild similar results.

Archived