who outlasts who? carwin v. nelson

tha_dude

As I posted in another thread,

According to fight metric Carwin landed 50% more punches in the first round against Lesnar than Roy did in 3 rounds against JDS.

So 150% of the strikes in 33% of the time.

Meaning Carwin has 4.5 times the work rate.

Oh and probably a more useful stat, Carwin threw (not just landed) a couple more in the first round than Roy did in the whole 3 round fight.

On punches thrown slightly over 3 times the work rate for Carwin.

With this is mind I find it hard to give Roy an edge on cardio.

As I posted in another thread' date='

According to fight metric Carwin landed 50% more punches in the first round against Lesnar than Roy did in 3 rounds against JDS.

So 150% of the strikes in 33% of the time.

Meaning Carwin has 4.5 times the work rate.

Oh and probably a more useful stat, Carwin threw (not just landed) a couple more in the first round than Roy did in the whole 3 round fight.

On punches thrown slightly over 3 times the work rate for Carwin.

With this is mind I find it hard to give Roy an edge on cardio.[/quote']

Did you happen to see Carwin give up in the second round?

That is as gassed as I have ever seen anyone in the cage.

Someone forgot to give that boy a gas tank.

Roy by murder.

If Roy couldn't get JDS down' date=' how the hell is going to get Carwin down? By the time he gets close to Carwin he will already be rocked or knocked out.[/quote']

Carwins and JDS striking is totally differant

Carwin walks forward launching big shots

JDS works his jab and picks his shots

Coming forward against a guy who like to trip or hip toss is not a good thing ot matter how hard you hit cause it is now common knowledge the Roy can take a punch or 80

Carwin is a hype job where the planets aligned for him to miraculously get that far with only a couple fights. You don't go and throw a 50% recovered Lesnar to a lion such as Velasquez or Dos Santos.

Nelson has some legitimacy (in the pain intake business) this can be the most brutal un-technical fight on the planet, or a humorous 1st round finish for either.

Roy by murder.

I suppose you missed the Roy and JDS fight then?

Have a look at roy mid way through round two, he had done nothing really and was dead tired.

Want to sig bet this?

it all depends on how carwin paces himself.

he has good cardio, he just gassed himself in the lesnar fight.

if he picked his shots, he may be able to hurt roy. he has more powwer than jds, and he was able to rock nelson, so carwin would most likely be a able to finish big country.

if he jumps the gun, and DOESNT finish however, or if roy can get him to the ground, and have that colassal gut wear shane out, then nelson FTW

Carwin is a hype job where the planets aligned for him to miraculously get that far with only a couple fights. You don't go and throw a 50% recovered Lesnar to a lion such as Velasquez or Dos Santos.

Nelson has some legitimacy (in the pain intake business) this can be the most brutal un-technical fight on the planet' date=' or a humorous 1st round finish for either.[/quote']

Lesnar was 100% when he fought Carwin. he even said so. And Carwin was inches from putting him out! you're an idiot!

end_yourself.jpg

I suppose you missed the Roy and JDS fight then?

Have a look at roy mid way through round two' date=' he had done nothing really and was dead tired.

Want to sig bet this?[/quote']

I loved the Dos Santos/Nelson fight

I knew Dos Santos would win regardless, but it was good that he got more ring time for the experience factor. Nelson's brain must of swelled like a mother ****er after that fight though.

Roy by murder.

Oh, I love your approach to MMA fights! You're so analytical, scientific, and very unbiased.

Roy by murder.

You are extremely ignorant if you really believe that. I don't think you can tell the difference between your *** and a hole in the ground either.

Anyway...Carwin will catch Nelson with a heavy shot early in the first round and send him napping. Dos Santos seems to be just hype. I believe Carwin is the only heavyweight in the division that can make a run for Lesnar's belt regardless of all the *****ing people make of his cardio. Yea so it turned out to be a lack of decent cardio that caused his loss. But the fact is he dominated the champion and came very close to ending the fight and becoming the champion. Hes going to make cookies out of Nelsons "iron" chin.

He's had a small amount of fights to be able to accumulate ring rust (Lower end of the spectrum). u mad? Carwin nut hugger.

His gas tank made him seize up like a 1920's anvil

i'm not mad one bit buddy. Lesnar won fair and square. i'm not a poor sport. i'm just tired of people like yourself making excuses trying to justify the way things went to make it look better for their fighter. Fact is, "ring rust" is not a factor with brock. He fights like an average of 2 times a year with his 5 fights. and fact is, he got DOMINATED in the first round. i think that's what you're butt hurt about.

i'm not mad one bit buddy. Lesnar won fair and square. i'm not a poor sport. i'm just tired of people like yourself making excuses trying to justify the way things went to make it look better for their fighter. Fact is' date=' "ring rust" is not a factor with brock. He fights like an average of 2 times a year with his 5 fights. and fact is, he got DOMINATED in the first round. i think that's what you're butt hurt about.[/quote']

The only thing I'm "Butt hurt" about is the poor showing of the "baddest man on the planet", one who curls up into a ball, and the other who blows his wad 3 minutes in. It's sad. Cain and Dos Santos will set the HW division correct and make it watchable.

The only thing I'm "Butt hurt" about is the poor showing of the "baddest man on the planet"' date=' one who curls up into a ball, and the other who blows his wad 3 minutes in. It's sad. Cain and Dos Santos will set the HW division correct and make it watchable.[/quote']

if you had the ref yelling in your ear that the fight will be stopped if your opponent doesn't protect himself. the same thing would happen to you with that amount of muscle mass+the power exerted.

Archived