Dan Hardy wants BJ Penn or Matt Hughes?

DaJermy1

UFC Welterweight, Dan Hardy is apparently already looking ahead to his next fight inside the octagon instead of his UFC 120 opponent Carlos Condit, saying he's looking to face the winner of the UFC 123 bout between Matt Hughes and B.J. Penn as a good way to silence his critics.

Speaking to ESPN.co.uk, Hardy said:

?I got a lot of s*** for the last [title] fight. People were saying I didn?t deserve the title shot and that I didn?t earn it; so this time, I don?t know, the winner of the Matt Hughes-B.J. Penn fight next would be a good start.?

?Obviously it depends on the Koscheck-GSP fight, he (Koscheck) could be another option. Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves ? any of the top guys. I want to fight the guys who are going to prove my status in the division. Chris Lytle mentioned [fighting me] ? it would make sense. I?ve got a lot of respect for Chris; he always fights like how I would want to fight.?

?I mean that?s the kind of fight where you could move the Octagon round the Bud Light logo in the centre and we would just stand in there. It would be a great fight. He?s a tough guy, he likes to come and bang and he doesn?t mind taking risks, and that?s a fight for the fans as well.?

This could be a bad move for Hardy if he is already looking past Condit, a fight with Hughes or Penn could also be bad for Hardy should the fight be taken to the ground with the lack of wrestling Hardy has in his game.

I think Lytle and Condit are similar. They are both there to fight and are good at it. Yet' date=' he seems to just dismiss Condit and compliments Lytle. I think thats weird. Cant wait for Hardy v Condit though.[/quote']

Its because he isn't fighting Lytle this time lol.

Also i don't know how anyone can dislike Lytle, i mean i find his accent annoying but he fights to make fans happy and he is very good at doing that.

Its because he isn't fighting Lytle this time lol.

Also i don't know how anyone can dislike Lytle' date=' i mean i find his accent annoying but he fights to make fans happy and he is very good at doing that.[/quote']

Haha yea, once they fight, if they do, it'll be time for Dan to bring out his insults. I like all three of those guys, either way, I win haha

I like Hardy but considering his reputation he hasn't done an awful lot' date=' not enough to warrant calling out someone like Penn or Hughes.

Hardy vs Fitch would be hilarious too, I wonder how he plans on winning that one? With his [b']mythicalleft hook[/b] that didn't show itself vs GSP?

Haha , nice

UFC Welterweight' date=' Dan Hardy is apparently already looking ahead to his next fight inside the octagon instead of his UFC 120 opponent Carlos Condit, saying he's looking to face the winner of the UFC 123 bout between Matt Hughes and B.J. Penn as a good way to silence his critics.

Speaking to ESPN.co.uk, Hardy said:

?I got a lot of s*** for the last [title'] fight. People were saying I didn?t deserve the title shot and that I didn?t earn it; so this time, I don?t know, the winner of the Matt Hughes-B.J. Penn fight next would be a good start.?

?Obviously it depends on the Koscheck-GSP fight, he (Koscheck) could be another option. Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves ? any of the top guys. I want to fight the guys who are going to prove my status in the division. Chris Lytle mentioned [fighting me] ? it would make sense. I?ve got a lot of respect for Chris; he always fights like how I would want to fight.?

?I mean that?s the kind of fight where you could move the Octagon round the Bud Light logo in the centre and we would just stand in there. It would be a great fight. He?s a tough guy, he likes to come and bang and he doesn?t mind taking risks, and that?s a fight for the fans as well.?

This could be a bad move for Hardy if he is already looking past Condit, a fight with Hughes or Penn could also be bad for Hardy should the fight be taken to the ground with the lack of wrestling Hardy has in his game.

After he loses to Condit...i'd say Lytle vs Hardy is imminent.

he might have an advantage against Penn cause of the size and reach advantage. As for hughes IMO he would get his butt wooped.... 7 months of wrestling?? Not enough trainning to hang with any of the wrestlers in the UFC.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't have a problem with Hardy; he's not a favorite by any means, but if I DID have to give an opinion on him: he's more mouth and image than anything. If they remade The Goonies, he'd be Feldman.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't have a problem with Hardy; he's not a favorite by any means' date=' but if I DID have to give an opinion on him: he's more mouth and image than anything. If they remade The Goonies, he'd be Feldman.[/quote']

LMAO

lol i'm a big fan of hardy but noway in hellllll he is beating bj penn ' date='[b']when he beats condit[/b] , give him lytle

no no no silly boy let him fight nate diaz so he can get subbed again :P

I like Hardy but considering his reputation he hasn't done an awful lot' date=' not enough to warrant calling out someone like Penn or Hughes.

Hardy vs Fitch would be hilarious too, I wonder how he plans on winning that one? With his mythicalleft hook that didn't show itself vs GSP?[/quote']

i dont think anyone in the division is good enough to beat fitch right now... apart from GSP anyway. but damn i want fitch to 'fitch' him so bad :mad:

again LOL?

and silly boy diaz is fighting stungun.

yeah just busting ur balls.... and I ment after that fight I think diaz and hardy would be a fun fight to watch like hardy vs lytle would be... good boxing and Bjj from diaz and lytle and good striking and a improved ground game. (< we will see how improved)

Archived