if you were in the ufc, what weight class would u like to fight in? and why? :)

Mr_Large

For me it would have to be LHW because i think its the most exciting weight class, and if i were in the ufc, ide want to be in the most exciting division. :)

Also, what weight class would u be in at your current weight?

if were in the ufc with my natural weight ide be WW

Im 175lbs naturally, so that'd be WW (ino ide cut 5lbs).

right now though im 160 lbs because i lost abit of weight, also im 5 ft 11.

but even if i was still 175, to compete, i could drop down to 155 easy, i think though, my best weight to be at would obviously be LW.

I Do like WW and LW though, i just think LHW is the most exciting IMO :)

iv done amateur junior boxing at 125, 135, 145... so id have to go in at my walking around weight to fight in even LW... do able but i see this ending badly.. not to mention i have no MMA training just boxing and jjj at amateur minor level.. i would most likely die.. it would be messy and painful... it would hurt.. so ill hold off on any fevered dreams of UFC or MMA competition.

I'd fight at 170 WW

When I got home from Marine Corps basic training down in San Diego I weighed 156lbs.

When I signed up for the delayed entry program my senior year of high school I was 213lbs. I am now 220 lbs. But I'm also 30 years old and out of shape.

December 22nd 1998 I wieghed in at 213 lbs. I was a ****.

My ship date was January 28th 1999. I dropped down to 182lbs. by ship out thanks to the efforts of my recruiters kicking my *** for over a month. They worked me like a dog.

When I got to MCRD, I was 185lbs. because I ate on the flights.

MCRD wanted me to get to 175lbs. so I was put on a diet.

By the time I was finished with training, I was 156lbs it was crazy.

I know I can lose the weight. The Marines don't really pack on muscle in training, they just get hella fit and trim.

So if I can drop the weight to 155, while also packing on 15 more pounds of muscle, I think I could fight at 170 without cutting much weight at all.

Plus I have really good amatuer BJJ, and good wrestling to start with. Striking would be my huge huge weakness though. I can take a punch sure, but not very skilled at throwing them.

I would also fight at WW because I would want to introduce a fighter with 100% submission finishes to the weight class. If I ever went to a decision I'd be very upset. I will be looking to tap out everyone I face. Nothing is sweeter than making an opponent tap for mercy. My fav moves: Americana with body triangle, leg triangles, and arm triangles.

I'd fight at 170 WW

When I got home from Marine Corps basic training down in San Diego I weighed 156lbs.

When I signed up for the delayed entry program my senior year of high school I was 213lbs. I am now 220 lbs. But I'm also 30 years old and out of shape.

December 22nd 1998 I wieghed in at 213 lbs. I was a ****.

My ship date was January 28th 1999. I dropped down to 182lbs. by ship out thanks to the efforts of my recruiters kicking my *** for over a month. They worked me like a dog.

When I got to MCRD' date=' I was 185lbs. because I ate on the flights.

MCRD wanted me to get to 175lbs. so I was put on a diet.

By the time I was finished with training, I was 156lbs it was crazy.

I know I can lose the weight. The Marines don't really pack on muscle in training, they just get hella fit and trim.

So if I can drop the weight to 155, while also packing on 15 more pounds of muscle, I think I could fight at 170 without cutting much weight at all.

Plus I have really good amatuer BJJ, and good wrestling to start with. Striking would be my huge huge weakness though. I can take a punch sure, but not very skilled at throwing them.

I would also fight at WW because I would want to introduce a fighter with 100% submission finishes to the weight class. If I ever went to a decision I'd be very upset. I will be looking to tap out everyone I face. Nothing is sweeter than making an opponent tap for mercy. My fav moves: Americana with body triangle, leg triangles, and arm triangles.[/quote']

lol thats a mad story + yh nothings better than making a guy tap lol

iv done amateur junior boxing at 125' date=' 135, 145... so id have to go in at my walking around weight to fight in even LW... do able but i see this ending badly.. not to mention i have no MMA training just boxing and jjj at amateur minor level.. i would most likely die.. it would be messy and painful... it would hurt.. so ill hold off on any fevered dreams of UFC or MMA competition.[/quote']

hows your chin though? if you have a leben chin learn to take the pain and just go into a trance during fights and absorb the shots that your oponent gives you. i have a good chin i could probably do that, i like the pain also, im like forrest griffin :)

LHW because I'm 6'3" and weigh around 215 so it wouldn't be much of a cut...

oh so our like machida, rashad weight, you could probably make mw and be huge, there really should be a 195 division though, for guys like franklin, machida, vitor, wandy, rashad, and others that are a little to small for lhw but almost to big to make mw.

Archived