Kongo Says 50% of ufc fighters are on PED's

HeilJake

Riddum.com: You certainly did not miss the steroid allegations surrounding Chael Sonnen that came under the spotlight these past few weeks. Dennis Hallman stated that at least 50% of MMA fighters take PEDs. Nate Diaz also said that everybody was on steroids, you should be surprised when somebody DOES NOT test positive rather than be surprised when someone DOES test positive. Is it safe to assume that a lot of MMA fighters take steroids to give themselves an edge?

CK: 50%, if not more ? What can I say, other than we need to stay away from all of that. It?s not easy to put things into perspective, especially if you believe that you have a disadvantage from the get go. For some athletes, it?s hard to hold up physically and mentally- the pressure, the obligation to stay on top ? everything pushes you to take steroids. For me, PEDs aren?t the solution. Taking PEDs jeopardizes your health and it?s cheating. I am a fighter; I owe my victories to my hard work, my training, the fact that I push myself beyond the limit, the sacrifices I make to a life almost entirely dedicated to sports. Nothing else. Stay away from the needles. You can succeed without them.

link to article : http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/fighters/cheick-kongo-says-50-of-fighters-on-peds-not-him-though/?utm_source=wordtwit&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wordtwit

what i dont understand is , if they're on PED's why havn't they been caught yet?

I dont dout it... I mean these guys make a quiet a bit of money you dont think they could go get a PED made just for them that wont be detected in a test? Also they know how long they have to clean out or get there tosterone levels down to normal befor they get tested. Only way to know is to have Olympic drug testing witch is insane

I dont dout it... I mean these guys make a quiet a bit of money you dont think they could go get a PED made just for them that wont be detected in a test? Also they know how long they have to clean out or get there tosterone levels down to normal befor they get tested. Only way to know is to have Olympic drug testing witch is insane

because they dont take it with 2 monthsof a fight so its out of their system enough to be undetectable come testing time

Exactly. I believe it was Dan Henderson on MMA Live that said that all fighters know when they might be tested so it would be very easy to be on PEDs. He said that he would like random testing throughout the year to guarantee that people were clean.

I get a kick out of interviews like these.

Reporter: Are many fighters on PEDs?

Figher: yes tons are.

Reporter: Do you use PEDS?

Fighter:" Hell no, not me I'm clean as whistle. Its those other guys ya know, like the ones I lost to. They are all PED freaks.

I get a kick out of interviews like these.

Reporter: Are many fighters on PEDs?

Figher: yes tons are.

Reporter: Do you use PEDS?

Fighter:" Hell no' date=' not me I'm clean as whistle. Its those other guys ya know, like the ones I lost to. They are all PED freaks.[/quote']

lol exactly.

Frenchie is just mad that he's behind everyone else in this process

Riddum.com: You certainly did not miss the steroid allegations surrounding Chael Sonnen that came under the spotlight these past few weeks. Dennis Hallman stated that at least 50% of MMA fighters take PEDs. Nate Diaz also said that everybody was on steroids' date=' you should be surprised when somebody DOES NOT test positive rather than be surprised when someone DOES test positive. Is it safe to assume that a lot of MMA fighters take steroids to give themselves an edge?

CK: 50%, if not more ? What can I say, other than we need to stay away from all of that. It?s not easy to put things into perspective, especially if you believe that you have a disadvantage from the get go. For some athletes, it?s hard to hold up physically and mentally- the pressure, the obligation to stay on top ? everything pushes you to take steroids. For me, PEDs aren?t the solution. Taking PEDs jeopardizes your health and it?s cheating. I am a fighter; I owe my victories to my hard work, my training, the fact that I push myself beyond the limit, the sacrifices I make to a life almost entirely dedicated to sports. Nothing else. Stay away from the needles. You can succeed without them.

link to article : http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/fighters/cheick-kongo-says-50-of-fighters-on-peds-not-him-though/?utm_source=wordtwit&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wordtwit

what i dont understand is , if they're on PED's why havn't they been caught yet?[/quote']

Because there is no real testing.

Anyone who has been caught is just not very bright.

Riddum.com: You certainly did not miss the steroid allegations surrounding Chael Sonnen that came under the spotlight these past few weeks. Dennis Hallman stated that at least 50% of MMA fighters take PEDs. Nate Diaz also said that everybody was on steroids' date=' you should be surprised when somebody DOES NOT test positive rather than be surprised when someone DOES test positive. Is it safe to assume that a lot of MMA fighters take steroids to give themselves an edge?

CK: 50%, if not more … What can I say, other than we need to stay away from all of that. It’s not easy to put things into perspective, especially if you believe that you have a disadvantage from the get go. For some athletes, it’s hard to hold up physically and mentally- the pressure, the obligation to stay on top – everything pushes you to take steroids. For me, PEDs aren’t the solution. Taking PEDs jeopardizes your health and it’s cheating. I am a fighter; I owe my victories to my hard work, my training, the fact that I push myself beyond the limit, the sacrifices I make to a life almost entirely dedicated to sports. Nothing else. Stay away from the needles. You can succeed without them.

what i dont understand is , if they're on PED's why havn't they been caught yet?[/quote']

when you assume u make an *** out of u and me. what an ****** for fueling the crazy conspiracy theorist now . i hope kongo gets his *** beat. but people accused him of taking them becuase of his physiqe so im sure he dont like people assume **** on him so he accuses others to get people to stop assuming he takes it. maybe he dont know the difference between legal supplements and ped's/

FYI-PED's are not real-its all result of mental disorder of society

The problem is the types of drugs athletes use are basically undetectable by todays standard tests.

As a strength coach who trains a lot of national level sprinters I'm privileged to a lot of info others aren't and I can tell you that the general consensus is that about 85% of all track/field athletes take some form of PED, even at an olympic level. (None of my athlete's are permitted to btw, and they sign a waver which puts them at risk legally if they do).

The standard IOC test (the same ones they use to test the UFC fighters) can be cheated very very easily with masking agents.

There are test's they can do in which they take a blood sample and do several hormonal readings over a period of time which can't be cheated, but it's expensive and time consuming so they never do it in the US (the only country I know who do this type of testing consistently is Australia).

If they suddenly decide to switch to this type of testing and randomly pick a group of fighters that's when the busts will start happening.

I know you all like to tell yourselves this doesn't happen, but the fact is, these guys train 3 times a day 6 days a week for extended periods of time... such a brutal training schedule is bound to burn a fighter out unless he has some 'help'.

The problem is the types of drugs athletes use are basically undetectable by todays standard tests.

As a strength coach who trains a lot of national level sprinters I'm privileged to a lot of info others aren't and I can tell you that the general consensus is that about 85% of all track/field athletes take some form of PED' date=' even at an olympic level. (None of my athlete's are permitted to btw, and they sign a waver which puts them at risk legally if they do).

The standard IOC test (the same ones they use to test the UFC fighters) can be cheated very very easily with masking agents.

There are test's they can do in which they take a blood sample and do several hormonal readings over a period of time which can't be cheated, but it's expensive and time consuming so they never do it in the US (the only country I know who do this type of testing consistently is Australia).

If they suddenly decide to switch to this type of testing and randomly pick a group of fighters that's when the busts will start happening.

I know you all like to tell yourselves this doesn't happen, but the fact is, these guys train 3 times a day 6 days a week for extended periods of time... such a brutal training schedule is bound to burn a fighter out unless he has some 'help'.[/quote']

If you want to stop drugs in MMA yo simply start testing everyone in the organisation regularly. Once a month you pee in the cup.

Not once a year at fight time.

just going to say' date=' some of these posts are stupid, if someone took a PED, it would be caught right away. if you guys want to believe in things that havnt been proven true go ahead, but some of you sound really dumb.[/quote']

You are very ignorant on the subject sir.

Archived