what would you do?

shakey79

i have an illness as i have said before on here,but, today i got blood drawn for a genetics test, this will tell me if my parents, and which one of them, passed this illness down to me, what i'm asking is in this situation would you get the results knowing you would be able to say who gave you this (mam or dad) or would you refuse to find out therefore no family members would know where it came from and not risking making anyone feel bad about it??

i'm leaning towards not finding out as i don't want any of my family worrying about it, and using the 'ignorance is bliss' method!!!!

anyone got any advice??

i have an illness as i have said before on here' date='but, today i got blood drawn for a genetics test, this will tell me if my parents, and which one of them, passed this illness down to me, what i'm asking is in this situation would you get the results knowing you would be able to say who gave you this (mam or dad) or would you refuse to find out therefore no family members would know where it came from and not risking making anyone feel bad about it??

i'm leaning towards not finding out as i don't want any of my family worrying about it, and using the 'ignorance is bliss' method!!!!

anyone got any advice??[/quote']

i agree with you no need for insult to injury

i have an illness as i have said before on here' date='but, today i got blood drawn for a genetics test, this will tell me if my parents, and which one of them, passed this illness down to me, what i'm asking is in this situation would you get the results knowing you would be able to say who gave you this (mam or dad) or would you refuse to find out therefore no family members would know where it came from and not risking making anyone feel bad about it??

anyone got any advice??[/quote']

Don;t really see the point of finding out.

i agree with you no need for insult to injury

Don;t really see the point of finding out.

thanks, i just don't think it's fair on my family to find out, this way i can just say it's a random occurance and no-one is worrying about showing symptoms and thinking they have it

What good is it gonna do to find out? I guess you could always throw it in the parents face when they say no to something. Seriously' date=' it won't have any positive effect. Unless you find resentment over something they had no control causing positive.[/quote']

cheers mate, i love my parents and would never use this against them, in fact i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, i was just after some neutral advice as i'm not good at making the right decisions at the minute as my head is a bit f'd up!!!

Archived