What is the criteria for not beeing cut in the UFC?

PridenUFCFTW

Hello Guys!

Just wanted your opinions on this.There are some fighters in each division that i am CERTAIN of that they wont be champions, they aren't even close. With that beeing said, how come Dana White doesn't cut them? The UFC has got the best fighter in the world and I know that if the fighter lose 3 times in a row they would probably get cut. But let's take McSweeney as an example, sure he might be a good fighter but EVERYBODY knows that he do not have any potential for at least a couple of years to be competing against top contenders like velasquez,lesnar,carwin and JDS. So my question is, what makes Dana White keep these fighters? Shouldn't they keep the fighters who are potential top contenders (if not already) and cut those who are B level fighters compared to them?

Hello Guys!

Just wanted your opinions on this.There are some fighters in each division that i am CERTAIN of that they wont be champions' date=' they aren't even close. With that beeing said, how come Dana White doesn't cut them? The UFC has got the best fighter in the world and I know that if the fighter lose 3 times in a row they would probably get cut. But let's take McSweeney as an example, sure he might be a good fighter but EVERYBODY knows that he do not have any potential for at least a couple of years to be competing against top contenders like velasquez,lesnar,carwin and JDS. So my question is, what makes Dana White keep these fighters? Shouldn't they keep the fighters who are potential top contenders (if not already) and cut those who are B level fighters compared to them?[/quote']

if your an ultimate fighter winner there is a less chance of you getting cut

examples: Kendall Grove, Mac Danzig

If you usually put on exciting fights

examples: Sam Stout

If you do something dumb

examples: Paul Daley for punching Kos, Escudero for coming in 4 lbs overweight than losing

Or sometimes if he just f'ing feels like it

Examples: Todd Duffee

Archived