The first UFC u saw was...

green17

Not the first I saw' date=' but the first I remember was UFC 34, 2001 I believe. Matt Hughes vs Carlos Newton... The slam off the fence![/color']

My cousin and I had been renting UFC vhs's for a while before that though... At age 13.

Maybe you could explain to someone on here how good Newton was at that time.

He seems to think that Hughes had nobody good to fight.

I tried to explain that Newton would probably have finished Koscheck in about 10 seconds.

The first MMA Event I saw was WEC Faber .v. Brown II

The first UFC I watched LIVE was UFC 101

The first FULL EVENT I saw was UFC 100, but I didn't see it live. I had someone record it for me because I was gone for a couple weeks hiking Isle Royale in Michigan.

The first UFC FIGHT I saw was Liddel .vs. Ortiz

wow i realized most ppl on the message board were young by the fighters they like and the general discussions and their conclusions.... but damn! you guys are very new! i did watch the first 8 ufcs but didnt get back into until ufc 54... only because i had watched a primetime of something on spike that showed the training these guys did to get into fighting shape. iwas amazed by the training and what it really takes when it comes to ground fighting. and i kinda kept up with fights but i havent missed a live fight or taped delayed fight since ufc 65. even sucky fight cards i still manage to watch them. i still havent seen a live event, but when i was traveling for work i will say i have seen pay-per-veiw fights at bars in 5 different states.

"The Ultimate Fighting Championship," as it was called back then. Now they refer to it as UFC 1: The Beginning. I didn't keep watching though - I watched up through the horrible, horrible UFC 9: Motor City Madness before losing interest. It was a novel idea, but I was more interested in other things at the time. Besides, I was just starting high school.

I didn't get back into it until around UFC 79 and was shocked by how much it had changed. After that it became my favorite sport (actually I'm not a big sports guy, so MMA is the only sport I watch regularly) and I went back and watched a ton of the older stuff I'd never seen. I haven't missed an event since.

Archived