Double Standard.....

Gardian

I was driving down the freeway this evening and seen a billboard promoting the Lesnar vs. Velasquez fight coming up. First thing I thought of was it's going to be a good fight, then I noticed Cain has a brown pride tattoo across his chest, and couldn't help to think if Lesnar had a white pride tattoo in the same spot would the UFC be so willing to promote it? I have a feeling they wouldn't, and this just an example of another double standard.

I was driving down the freeway this evening and seen a billboard promoting the Lesnar vs. Velasquez fight coming up. First thing I thought of was it's going to be a good fight' date=' then I noticed Cain has a brown pride tattoo across his chest, and couldn't help to think if Lesnar had a white pride tattoo in the same spot would the UFC be so willing to promote it? I have a feeling they wouldn't, and this just an example of another double standard.[/quote']

congrats, you'Re the 2 000 000th UFC fan to notice that

Of all the Caucasian fighters that are American born; I haven't seen one come in to the ring supporting a German, Irish, English, etc. flag or have that crazy music playing that you only here at Oktoberfest.

There has been a lot of brave soldiers that have fought for our freedom, and when a American citizen supports another counties flag it's a slap in the face.

Of all the Caucasian fighters that are American born; I haven't seen one come in to the ring supporting a German' date=' Irish, English, etc. flag or have that crazy music playing that you only here at Oktoberfest.

There has been a lot of brave soldiers that have fought for our freedom, and when a American citizen supports another counties flag it's a slap in the face.[/quote']

Marcus Davis pranced around TUF in a kilt and calls himself the Irish hand grenade

Kenflo came out in a samurai outfit... not his culture or heritage, but certainly not american

I was driving down the freeway this evening and seen a billboard promoting the Lesnar vs. Velasquez fight coming up. First thing I thought of was it's going to be a good fight' date=' then I noticed Cain has a brown pride tattoo across his chest, and couldn't help to think if Lesnar had a white pride tattoo in the same spot would the UFC be so willing to promote it? I have a feeling they wouldn't, and this just an example of another double standard.[/quote']

Didn't you know? Equality only goes one way man!

The reason there is a double standard is because brown pride isn't associated with racism.

The people that are at fault for this are the white supremacist that are affiliated with the white pride slogan and believe that the white race is superior to all, and that all other races should be unable to openly express pride in their heritage.That is why their is a double standard.

It's just different. I don't see anything wrong with the idea of white pride personally, but it's just different. People associate white pride with hate groups and racial persecution with good reason. You have the kkk, skin heads, the arian brotherhood etc. All these groups formed specifically to persecute minorities and further pro white agendas. There aren't any groups like that for mexicans. It's just hard to expect not to have different standards apply when your race has historically been the persecutor.

Know what bothers me?

Cain is recognized as an American citizen - born and bred - but in the promo he has the Mexican flag behind him.

all about money trying to get the Mexican fans on board just incase he beats Brock i think at the UFC it might be twitchy bum time because there is a chance there biggest money maker could be about to lose his belt and are just looking at other ways to make money they always seem to find 1 fighter and make him into a money making machine they are amazing at making there fighters look badass

Theres a distinct diference between "brown pride and "white pride"... google brown pride and you see that it shows self-respect and was a part of the American Civil Rights Movement. however google white pride and you get **** about the neo-nazis and the KKK... HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Theres a distinct diference between "brown pride and "white pride"... google brown pride and you see that it shows self-respect and was a part of the American Civil Rights Movement. however google white pride and you get **** about the neo-nazis and the KKK... HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Thanks for pointing that out, I did a search just like you mentioned and this is what I found. Now I understand what your talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnpVOsYHzow

I was driving down the freeway this evening and seen a billboard promoting the Lesnar vs. Velasquez fight coming up. First thing I thought of was it's going to be a good fight' date=' then I noticed Cain has a brown pride tattoo across his chest, and couldn't help to think if Lesnar had a [b']white pride[/b] tattoo in the same spot would the UFC be so willing to promote it? I have a feeling they wouldn't, and this just an example of another double standard.

You're not too familiar with history or even some modern history? *Shrugs*

While I don't have an issue with the brown pride thing per say, it's much more who's promoting it. Cain Velasquez is to MMA as (Ned) Carlos Mencia is to Comedy. They can both wave their flags all they want but in the end it's a gimmick more so then a patronage to their heritage.

While I don't have an issue with the brown pride thing per say' date=' it's much more who's promoting it. Cain Velasquez is to MMA as (Ned) Carlos Mencia is to Comedy. They can both wave their flags all they want but in the end it's a gimmick more so then a patronage to their heritage.[/quote']

The point is not to take it literally, it's simply fight promotion. Guys used to call themselves Irish so-and-so, even change their names to try and embrace a fan base to promote themselves and their fights. This has been a part of the fight game for over a hundred years.

Archived