Cain's entrance-

Mexican inspired TapOut t-shirt

Mexican walkout music

Mexican flag

Brown Pride tattoo

Cain's tale of the tape

Nationality- American

Is there anything wrong with Cain having pride in who he is? absolutey not

Is there anything wrong with having no respect or appreciation for they country you've lived in your whole life? absolutely

Answer this question, Would Cain be fighting for the UFC HW championship if he didn't live in America is whole life?

Cain's entrance-

Mexican walkout music

Mexican flag

Brown Pride tattoo

Cain's tale of the tape

Nationality- American

Is there anything wrong with having no respect or appreciation for they country you've lived in your whole life? absolutely

Answer this question' date=' Would Cain be fighting for the UFC HW championship if he didn't live in America is whole life?[/quote']

its alright he'll get whats coming to him

Brocks gunna slap the sweat off his back

Cain's entrance-

Mexican walkout music

Mexican flag

Brown Pride tattoo

Cain's tale of the tape

Nationality- American

Answer this question' date=' Would Cain be fighting for the UFC HW championship if he didn't live in America is whole life?[/quote']

Of course he'd be fighting for it. Shogun didnt live his entire life in the states, he's a champ. That has nothing to do with it. Plus what people like you dont understand is that its not either Mexican or American. He is a Mexican American, not one or the other, and he chooses to acknowledge his and his family's heritage, who are ONLY Mexican. And how has he disrespected the U.S??? Please tell me.

Of course he'd be fighting for it. Shogun didnt live his entire life in the states' date=' he's a champ. That has nothing to do with it. Plus what people like you dont understand is that its not either Mexican or American. He is a Mexican American, not one or the other, and he chooses to acknowledge his and his family's heritage, who are ONLY Mexican. And how had he disrespected the U.S??? Please tell me.[/quote']

There's a diffrence from coming to Brazil than there is coming from Mexico, Brazil has a strong MMA culture Mexico does not.

Who cares? He's proud of his heritage, his father was a mexican immagrant. Blah... Blah... Blah.

You really shouldn't give a rats *** what he has on HIS skin, or what he puts on HIS body, or what songs HE likes, there personal to him. I'm sure he isn't offended by you chewing tobacco, or boinking a goat/sister in a threeway. let people live their own lives, I highly doubt anyone is trying ot offend you by being proud of their roots.

There's a diffrence from coming to Brazil than there is coming from Mexico' date=' Brazil has a strong MMA culture Mexico does not.[/quote']

So this post would not exist if Cain was Brazilian American?? Im not Mexican BTW, but although Brazil does have a way stronger culture, I don't see how that difference applies to your post.

There's a diffrence from coming to Brazil than there is coming from Mexico' date=' Brazil has a strong MMA culture Mexico does not.[/quote']

No Mexico has a really strong fighting culture though and it doesn't matter if hes mexican or not theres a lot of boxers that live and train in mexico who were or are champions

Who cares? He's proud of his heritage' date=' his father was a mexican immagrant. Blah... Blah... Blah.

You really shouldn't give a rats *** what he has on HIS skin, or what he puts on HIS body, or what songs HE likes, there personal to him. I'm sure he isn't offended by you chewing tobacco, or boinking a goat/sister in a threeway. let people live their own lives, I highly doubt anyone is trying ot offend you by being proud of their roots.[/quote']

Read the first post, I said I didn't care about that he had pride in his Mexican heritage I said he should maybe show just a little respect to the country he's lived in his whole life.

Like Tito showed respect to both America and Mexico.

Read the first post' date=' I said I didn't care about that he had pride in his Mexican heritage I said he should maybe show just a little respect to the country he's lived in his whole life.

Like Tito showed respect to both America and Mexico.[/quote']

this is why i hate the majority of americans you are so ignorant and think that because you live in america you should be proud if i was born in america the first thing i would do is move out of the country. and cain hasnt disrespect america he just doesnt feel the need to ackowledge it and there is no reason he should have to. and tito chose to acknowledge america and mexico its not showing respect to his country he just ackowledged them both. gawd ppl on these forums are dumb

this is why i hate the majority of americans you are so ignorant and think that because you live in america you should be proud if i was born in america the first thing i would do is move out of the country. and cain hasnt disrespect america he just doesnt feel the need to ackowledge it and there is no reason he should have to. and tito chose to acknowledge america and mexico its not showing respect to his country he just ackowledged them both. gawd ppl on these forums are dumb

You're an idiot, Cain doesn't have to show respect to the country that made him what he is today?

He'd be a lettuce picking no body if it wasn't for America, you ignorant fool.

Cain's entrance-

Mexican walkout music

Mexican flag

Brown Pride tattoo

Cain's tale of the tape

Nationality- American

its because the UFC wants to expand and Cain is bring alot of Mexican fans espically if he beats Brock.

You're an idiot' date=' Cain doesn't have to show respect to the country that made him what he is today?

He'd be a lettuce picking no body if it wasn't for America, you ignorant fool.[/quote']

actually it was his dad that made him who he was. his dad had the balls to get a better life for cain, and guess what his dads mexican whoda thunk it?, america didnt come into mexico and take his family in cause they wanted him to have a better life idiot

actually it was his dad that made him who he was. his dad had the balls to get a better life for cain' date=' and guess what his dads mexican whoda thunk it?, [b']america didnt come into mexico and take his family in cause they wanted him to have a better life idiot[/b]

I seriously can't continue a conversation with such and idiotic and ignorant person like yourself.

You're an idiot' date=' Cain doesn't have to show respect to the country that made him what he is today?

He'd be a lettuce picking no body if it wasn't for America, you ignorant fool.[/quote']

Lettuce picking nobody if it WERE'NT for America? Im not about to get into the f'n argument over how America exploits the **** out of these lettuce picking nobodies. So if he were born in Mexico, you would totally disregard any talent that he wouldve had, even though its the same person?!?!? I dont get your logic, if any, but again, how has he in any way "DISRESPECTED" America?!! You're still not answering me.

He wouldn't be fighting in the championship if he was born in Mexico because he most likely would've never been introduced to wrestling, his MMA base. He would probably be a pro boxer right now.

BUT... there's nothing wrong with him having that tattoo.

he's proud of the life his dad lived and how hardworking the majority of mexicans are.

I seriously can't continue a conversation with such and idiotic and ignorant person like yourself.

You're the f*****g ignorant fool! America doesn't shape people its just where we live. And people weren't arguing about this when Cain was just another fighter in the division, but now that he's successful people have to bring in the whole race ******** because you ****s can't stand when someone that isn't white is succeeding in something and turned nothing into something

He wouldn't be fighting in the championship if he was born in Mexico because he most likely would've never been introduced to wrestling' date=' his MMA base. He would probably be a pro boxer right now.

BUT... there's nothing wrong with him having that tattoo.

he's proud of the life his dad lived and how hardworking the majority of mexicans are.[/quote']

Probably not, and thanks for making a valid argument. And although he'd probably be in some form of fighting, I doubt he'd be a "lettuce picking nobody", which some ignorant people on this forum assume Mexicans who aren't successful are destined to be had it not been for the U.S. LOL, what a contradiction, this guy really is a joker. Just stereotyping, thats all. And once again, Im NOT Mexican, I just think that Joker made a pointless thread, and has still not answered me as to how Cain has disrespected the states.

To be 100% honest if weren't for us Mexicans this country couldn't run right. Who picks all the fruits and vegetables? who does landscaping everywhere? who builds everything? who babysits kids for cheap? who are chefs in all restaurants? who washes cars? We do all the **** work that all the lazy f****n white people won't do

you are dumb really really dumb fo realz. Boxing, wrestling(Lucha Libre silly i know but they have serious wrestling camps their), and tae kwon do is really popular there too.

The comments in this thread are rather comical. For the people that say Cain is "Mexican American" are incorrect...he is American of Mexican descent. Had he been born in Mexico and moved to the USA becoming a citizen, then he would be "Mexican American."

I could care less about any fighter's heritage, race, etc. But the real question is what if Brock had "White Pride" tattooed on his chest? Would people call him racist or a white supremacist?

Also, Cain has bigger problems to worry about than carrying Mexico's pride. His enormous head is going to get smashed when Brock's 4XL hands lay down some serious G&P.

Dudes. This is really fruitless this exchange. Both Cain and Brock have mad skills in certain areas. This should be a good fight. Get over it.

Cain FTW' date=' by KO.[/quote']

Cain win by KO ? LMFAO. If Shane couldnt do it then i highly doubt Cain cain.

If your so confident Cain will, plz slap on some hard earned on him. Its sure to pay well !!!

The comments in this thread are rather comical. For the people that say Cain is "Mexican American" are incorrect...he is American of Mexican descent. Had he been born in Mexico and moved to the USA becoming a citizen' date=' then he would be "Mexican American."

I could care less about any fighter's heritage, race, etc. But the real question is what if Brock had "White Pride" tattooed on his chest? Would people call him racist or a white supremacist?

Also, Cain has bigger problems to worry about than carrying Mexico's pride. His enormous head is going to get smashed when Brock's 4XL hands lay down some serious G&P.[/quote']

Yeah, and if a black person is born in the U.S. he is no longer an African-American...

Of course people would call Brock a racist or white supremist is he had "White Pride" tattooed on his chest, they call him gay for having a sword... Also, the Aryan Nation has made the term "White Pride" FUBAR with their interpretation of the term, so anyone who was actually proud of being white can't really use it, try "Caucasian Patronage" instead.

Yeah' date=' and if a black person is born in the U.S. he is no longer an African-American...

Of course people would call Brock a racist or white supremist is he had "White Pride" tattooed on his chest, they call him gay for having a sword... Also, the Aryan Nation has made the term "White Pride" FUBAR with their interpretation of the term, so anyone who was actually proud of being white can't really use it, try "Caucasian Patronage" instead.[/quote']

Although this is supposed to be a forum to discuss UFC/MMA, it appears that topics get somewhat skewed.

Regarding your "satire" comment stating that a black person being born in the U.S. is no longer an African-American; what if a white person is born in Africa and moves to the USA becoming a citizen? He/She has every right to be acknowledged as an AFRICAN AMERICAN, which is why that term used solely for black people is flawed. Canadians that are black don't call themselves "African Canadians."

Although this is supposed to be a forum to discuss UFC/MMA' date=' it appears that topics get somewhat skewed.

Regarding your "satire" comment stating that a black person being born in the U.S. is no longer an African-American; what if a white person is born in Africa and moves to the USA becoming a citizen? He/She has every right to be acknowledged as an AFRICAN AMERICAN, which is why that term used solely for black people is flawed. Canadians that are black don't call themselves "African Canadians."[/quote']

Pretty sure that would be American African, and I think it would ACTUALLY be Caucasian African, seeings how american isn't a race, instead a nationality. Also, I am Canadian and I do know black people in Toronto who do refer to themselves as African Canadian.

Pretty sure that would be American African' date=' and I think it would ACTUALLY be Caucasian African, seeings how american isn't a race, instead a nationality. Also, I am Canadian and I do know black people in Toronto who do refer to themselves as African Canadian.[/quote']

Please read your post again. You contradict yourself when you say "American isn't a race, instead a Nationality." But if that is a fact, how can someone use African American to describe being black when neither African or American is a race, but a Nationality? They should simply be Black-Americans then.

Going by your logic of "Caucasian African," then a black person of African decent should be called "Black African" not African American.

Please read your post again. You contradict yourself when you say "American isn't a race' date=' instead a Nationality." But if that is a fact, how can someone use African American to describe being black when [b']neither African or American is a race, but a Nationality?[/b]

Going by your logic of "Caucasian African," then a black person of African decent should be called "Black African" not African American.

Africa is not a nation... it's a continent, thus African = NOT a Nationality. I'm pretty sure this should clear up your confusion in itself, if not, post again, I'll try to clear things up for you.

Africa is not a nation... it's a continent' date=' thus African = NOT a Nationality. I'm pretty sure this should clear up your confusion in itself, if not, post again, I'll try to clear things up for you.[/quote']

Exactly my point...you talk in circles. So if someone uses the term "African American," how is that describing a race by using a Continent AND Country?

It's okay though, at least you're an MMA fan too. More than anything, I just hope the Brock/Cain fight is entertaining with an explosive finish.

Have a good one! I have many in-laws in Toronto and enjoyed my stay up there even though it was cold.

Exactly my point...you talk in circles. So if someone uses the term "African American' date='" how is that describing a race by using a Continent AND Country?

It's okay though, at least you're an MMA fan too. More than anything, I just hope the Brock/Cain fight is entertaining with an explosive finish.

Have a good one! I have many in-laws in Toronto and enjoyed my stay up there even though it was cold.[/quote']

Yes it is cold, and the fight will be great imo (Brock will probably win, but I'm rooting for Cain). But African is generally viewed as a race due to the fact that that is where black people originate from, much like the Aboriginals of North America. This is in the same sense that people from the middle East are known as Arabs due to their origin near the Arabian desert or Asians deriving from, you guessed it, Asia! The reason American is not a race is because it is habitated by settlers not people who were originating from the actual area. I was not talking in circles, your just din't have the info to fill in the gaps, which I assumed you knew. I don't think your an idiot, and I am certainly not trying to patronize you or your intelligence, just wanna make sure the facts are straight, because I'm analretentive (and enjoy run-on sentences).

Yes it is cold' date=' and the fight will be great imo (Brock will probably win, but I'm rooting for Cain). But African is generally viewed as a race due to the fact that that is where black people originate from, much like the Aboriginals of North America. This is in the same sense that people from the middle East are known as Arabs due to their origin near the Arabian desert or Asians deriving from, you guessed it, Asia! The reason American is not a race is because it is habitated by settlers not people who were originating from the actual area. I was not talking in circles, your just din't have the info to fill in the gaps, which I assumed you knew. I don't think your an idiot, and I am certainly not trying to patronize you or your intelligence, just wanna make sure the facts are straight, because I'm analretentive (and enjoy run-on sentences).[/quote']

It's cool...I enjoy good conversation. But don't forget that Egyptians are from Africa and speak Arabic while living a Muslim culture. They are not black, but are African none the less.

Also, who do you have for some other fights on the card? My picks are below:

Brock over Cain

Shields over Kampmann

Thiago over Sanchez

Hamill over Ortiz

Gonzaga over Schaub

Personally I really like Cain an don't see anything wrong with his recognizance and love for his heritage. He is definitely looking to be a positive role model for Mexicans and Mexican Americans etc.

I would however, like to see him acknowledge the fact that he is MEXICAN AMERICAN and this great country did give him the oppty to be who he is today... He can still represent his heritage while also being more of a visible part of his country of birth and residence... If he took that approach he'd have an even bigger fan base and in turn have an even greater oppty to do good for those he is focusing on helping...

When he makes SO MUCH effort to be Mexican this, Mexican that, it winds up pitting this fight w/ Brock as more of a USA vs. Mexico thing than a Cain Velasquez vs. Brock thing...

So, in summary, I think Cain's publicity people need to wake up and pay a little better attention to his image in the marketplace, etc. He can be a champion and a role model for Mexicans and Americans at the same time...

That being said, I hope he smashes Brock's face into oblivion, although I think he definitely has his work cut out for him...

It's cool...I enjoy good conversation. But don't forget that Egyptians are from Africa and speak Arabic while living a Muslim culture. They are not black' date=' but are African none the less.

Also, who do you have for some other fights on the card? My picks are below:

Brock over Cain

Shields over Kampmann

Thiago over Sanchez

Hamill over Ortiz

Gonzaga over Schaub[/quote']

LoL My picks would be identical, but I think Sanchez might win, but believe me, I am rooting for Paulo. I really don't see Shaub beating Gonzaga, but it would be nice to get rid of that ape...

Archived