Kongo almost KO'd the current number one contender.

ThirstForBLOOD

Too bad Congo trains at Blackhouse and thinks the UFC is a body sculping contast not MMA.

Other then that he has great potential.

He trains at Wolfslair... Although I think in the Pride days he trained Blackhouse, but can't knock Blackhouse either, how many world champs and top challengers come out of there?

Nog's, Silva, Machida, Fihlo, I'm sure I'm forgetting a **** load, but it's 3:30 in the morn, so bite me lol

He trains at Wolfslair... Although I think in the Pride days he trained Blackhouse' date=' but can't knock Blackhouse either, how many world champs and top challengers come out of there?

Nog's, Silva, Machida, Fihlo, I'm sure I'm forgetting a **** load, but it's 3:30 in the morn, so bite me lol[/quote']

My apologies man. I WAS WRONG and i need my head checked !!! .

i though kongo would be champ if he developed good sprawl/tdd.

there arent many heaveyweights who can hang with him standing' date=' so if somone could get his stubborn *** down to a wrestling/bbj gym, he would easily be top 5

if he had good wrestling, he would have ktfo the current #1 contender[/quote']

Lets not forget Frank Mir a jiu jitsu expert almost ko'd kongo. His standup is overrated. Heath Herring beat him in mainly a stand up fight

Anybody else think that if he keeps on improving his underrated wrestling and below average ground game that he could still be a force?

If he could just have Chuck Liddell type TD defense I think he would a lot more of a competitor. Other than against Mir, he always does well on his feet. I still think he has much better stand-up than Mir. But if he could keep the fight standing he could probably compete with just about anyone IMO. Although I am not too sure that he has a solid chin which would be problematic.

Yes, Kongo really rocked Cain, but Cain recovered and went on to dominate the rest of the fight with his wrestling. Don't forget, Lesnar was subbed by Mir in his first UFC outing.

Both Lesnar and Velasquez are very different fighters than they were in those bouts. I'm pulling for Lesnar, but it's a mistake to count anyone out. I certainly wouldn't count Cain out as he's shown a great deal of ability and marked improvement. I think everyone in the top end of the UFC heavyweight division has a shot at winning the title. It might be a long shot for some, but anything can happen.

Archived