If Lesnar beats Cain and Dos Santos, whos next?

kmdsounddotcom

Seriously' date=' I haven't looked at the HW division lately but I can't think of any prospects that would beat Lesnar.

I'm not a Lesnar fan, but I think that if Carwin had trouble with Brock, Cain will too..

Dos Santos has a chance I think his stand up is better than Cains.[/quote']

I would agree that Dos Santos' striking is better than Cains. However, Dos Santos does not have the TD def. that Carwin or Cain possess. I think Carwin has the best shot...the next Carwin/Lesnar fight will be different...I know that much. I think Carwin will have much better composure next time...anyways that one is a ways out and anything can happen in Lesnar's next couple of defences.

Seriously' date=' I haven't looked at the HW division lately but I can't think of any prospects that would beat Lesnar.

I'm not a Lesnar fan, but I think that if Carwin had trouble with Brock, Cain will too..

... good point, UFC hw/ division very shallow

like the fact that Junior is always moving forward > don't like the fact he couldn't finish Filipovic or Nelson

TS very valid point.

IF Lesnar gets past Cain/ Junior who then....

Some would say the rubber match with Mir (spit)

But who else?

This match could go either way ...between Brock and Cain.......I am going to say Brock will win. But it wouldnt surprise me if cain won.

But there is no doubt......in a rematch with carwin......Carwin will KO brock......carwin didnt get tired ....he has some whole body cramp.....or whatever....and i wouldnt count on that happening again.....and besides......Carwin again takes almost everyone out in the

1st round..Brock was lucky...that the fight didnt get stopped and it went to a 2nd round.

Frank Mir will be champion in the near future.....he is getting his weight exactly where he wants it and he made Cro Cop look real small.......and Mir's striking is top notch....I think Cro cop was just a awkward guy to fight on that night......but look at Mir's power.....he grabbed Cro cops head with one hand and slammed it into his knee and cro cop looked like he got punched by carwin......Mir didnt get to display is punching power in that fight....it was a awkward ...bad night for Mir and he still KOed Cro cop....so watch out his next fight .......against who knows .....most likely Big Country...or someone like that .....and then maybe Mir fights Brock if he loses or cain if he loses......possibly carwin again who knows ...

Mir will soon get that Heavyweight belt again......Mir and Carwin are the ones to watch in the near future.

This match could go either way ...between Brock and Cain.......I am going to say Brock will win. But it wouldnt surprise me if cain won.

But there is no doubt......in a rematch with carwin......Carwin will KO brock......carwin didnt get tired ....he has some whole body cramp.....or whatever....and i wouldnt count on that happening again.....and besides......Carwin again takes almost everyone out in the

1st round..Brock was lucky...that the fight didnt get stopped and it went to a 2nd round.

Frank Mir will be champion in the near future.....he is getting his weight exactly where he wants it and he made Cro Cop look real small.......and Mir's striking is top notch....I think Cro cop was just a awkward guy to fight on that night......but look at Mir's power.....he grabbed Cro cops head with one hand and slammed it into his knee and cro cop looked like he got punched by carwin......Mir didnt get to display is punching power in that fight....it was a awkward ...bad night for Mir and he still KOed Cro cop....so watch out his next fight .......against who knows .....most likely Big Country...or someone like that .....and then maybe Mir fights Brock if he loses or cain if he loses......possibly carwin again who knows ...

Mir will soon get that Heavyweight belt again......Mir and Carwin are the ones to watch in the near future.

I dont think Mir really has a solid training/fighting strategy right now. When he got beat by Lesnar he said he needed to bulk up because he was outweighed/ muscled and put on some weight and got stronger. Then he said he wasn't comfortable at that weight and said he had to work on technique and then he lost some weight and said he felt more comfortable being lighter on his feet. I think he is a good fighter but he will not be able to hang with the really big boys, Carwin, Lesnar, etc. If he cut down to 205 he would be a force to be reckoned with. Def. LHW champ material.

I'd say just build up a contender list, so once a certain fighter runs through his opponents, there will be 1 final bout to determine the contender for the championship.

Cain has a great chance of beating Brock, he has the wrestling pedigree, great kickboxing background and the desire to win. All that determination and hype really does give him the edge, what most people don't realize is that this guy would have been involved for wrestling x more years, but the fear of wanting to strike determined him to learn everything (Kickboxing, Jiu Jitsu, and more) .

Brock is the type of guy who controls the fight with all the extra weight and leverage, he also has good controlling on the ground as does Cain Velasquez. As Cain stated, he is ready for anything, ground aspect or standing. I mean seriously, his coach compared 3 fights and matched him to Muhammad Ali.

He is the next big thing for sure, and the spooky thing is that if he loses, he probably will have the championship in the future.

A rematch with Carwin seems like the natural one to me if Lesnar gets by Cain and JDS, which I think he will. I think Carwin can beat him in a rematch. I'm sure Mir is also itching for a rematch. I expect it to happen eventually. I don't see any up and comers in the heavyweight division that are ready for Lesnar anytime soon.

Archived