UFC Should Sign Cole Konrad!

darkthrone99

For any of you who don't know who cole konrad is here's some info - Konrad won a gold medal at the 2005 Pan-American Championships.[3] He won the NCAA wrestling championships in 2006 and 2007 at 285 pounds and finished third at the 2006 World University Championships at 120 kilograms.

In other words he is by far the best wrestler in MMA in the HW div. He is ****ing huge and his takedowns are near enough unstoppable. Will he be another Lesnar and get right to the top without hardly any other skills but superb wrestling or will he come unstuck against agile strikers?

Personally I think he would tool the entire UFC HW div except Lesnar and Carwin and even then it would be a close call. He may not be the most flamboyant fighter but his style and size make him so hard to beat.

He completely dominated Neil Grove in Bellator the other day for their HW title.

Anyone else reckon he could pose serious problems in the UFC HW div?

Cole Konrad is just a fatter version of Jon Madsen. He is a fat but very good wrestler who wins most of his fights by lay and pray. He is a trainer partner of Brock Lesnar along with Jon Madsen and it's no secret that they both get tooled by Lesnar during training on a daily basis. He is far from the best MMA wrestler in the HW division as I've heard that Madsen usually gets the better of him in the gym, and he also doesn't have that good of cardio, Mark Coleman-like BJJ and no striking really to speak of. He's just a one-dmensial lay and pray wrestler who would be probably .500 in the UFC. And Neil Grove has an awful ground game, don't forget in his one UFC fight he was submitted in just 63 seconds (heel hook) by a light-heavyweight fighter named Mike Ciesnolevicz (17-4, 1-1 in the UFC) who took the fight on short notice. Next year when he defends his title against either Dave Herman or Ricco Rodriguez I wouldn't be surprised if he lost.

lol' date=' whats the matter?

you dont like watching two guys lay in between eachothers legs for 15 minutes? :D[/quote']

i respect it lol but i'm not gonna lie and say i love all aspects of mma cause controling a guy on the floor or on the cage does not excite me at all :)

Cole Konrad is just a fatter version of Jon Madsen. He is a fat but very good wrestler who wins most of his fights by lay and pray. He is a trainer partner of Brock Lesnar along with Jon Madsen and it's no secret that they both get tooled by Lesnar during training on a daily basis. He is far from the best MMA wrestler in the HW division as I've heard that Madsen usually gets the better of him in the gym' date=' and he also doesn't have that good of cardio, Mark Coleman-like BJJ and no striking really to speak of. He's just a one-dmensial lay and pray wrestler who would be probably .500 in the UFC. And Neil Grove has an awful ground game, don't forget in his one UFC fight he was submitted in just 63 seconds (heel hook) by a light-heavyweight fighter named Mike Ciesnolevicz (17-4, 1-1 in the UFC) who took the fight on short notice. Next year when he defends his title against either Dave Herman or Ricco Rodriguez I wouldn't be surprised if he lost.[/quote']

I hear lesnar kicks the ****e out of him when he puts up a fight.lol

Archived