Mir was fighting 'safe'

DKF

If you were fighting arguably the best striker of all time in that division, would you stand and bang with him, or would you press him against the cage and work for a takedown/knockout from the clinch.

Fighting safe sucks, but it is the next gen of mma. It's what killed boxing, and it will be what kills mma. When I go out with my friends and watch ufc somewhere or when we order it and have a ufc party, all my friends hate wrestling and gsp. So the normal fans, that dont compete in the sport and aren't as hardcore in in dont like the product, and we will soon see mma go the way of boxing.

i disagree in the next 10 years while the sport is finding itself out judges and refs will come round to splitting up clinches' date=' LnP etc

and if your Frank Mir you can do whatever the **** you want :)

Peace[/quote']

I'm a Mir fan, I love wrestling and grappling fights. I'm saying this is what happened in boxing, they started using the point system to dance around and get the win. I don't want to see mma go by the wayside, but it will unless they make it to where inactivity = draw, instead of inactivity = win for the fighter on top.

I'm a Mir fan' date=' I love wrestling and grappling fights. I'm saying this is what happened in boxing, they started using the point system to dance around and get the win. I don't want to see mma go by the wayside, but it will unless they make it to where inactivity = draw, instead of inactivity = win for the fighter on top.[/quote']

see i dont love wrestling hence why i dont watch the NCAA tournaments when theyre on tele, i like Judo and judo throws but i hate how wrestlers can be succesful in MMA with only wrestling, when Cole Konrad comes to the UFC the HW division will be awful for another 5 years

I'm a Mir fan' date=' I love wrestling and grappling fights. I'm saying this is what happened in boxing, they started using the point system to dance around and get the win. I don't want to see mma go by the wayside, but it will unless they make it to where inactivity = draw, instead of inactivity = win for the fighter on top.[/quote']

there is truth here.

a change in the scoring system to the pride format, ie effort to do damage and finish the fight would fix that right away. dunno if it will happen, but that would stop all of this BS

its the ultimate FIGHTING championship.

not the ultimate POINT SPARING competition.:mad:

there is truth here.

a change in the scoring system to the pride format' date=' ie effort to do damage and finish the fight would fix that right away. dunno if it will happen, but that would stop all of this BS

its the ultimate FIGHTING championship.

not the ultimate POINT SPARING competition.:mad:[/quote']

exactly its fighting not wrestling, the Kongo - Browne fight just on was a stand up fight was sooooo boring because of the clinch, with no effort from Kongo

Archived