Kongo has lost a lot of respect!

Fourteen

lol there was a thread about 20 minutes ago' date=' with Kongo fans saying he would take Browne easily and then beat Mir in a rematch, and there was 2 pages of people that thought that was likely, lol[/quote']

As terrible as he is, Mir is worse and would lose a rematch. At least I would spend a week praying and fasting for that outcome. ;)

Its embaressing for the sport of MMA to have Travis Brown in its premier organisation.

What were those punches in round 1? It makes me cringe to see somebody winging punches with no accuracy and no technical ability' date=' it looks bad on the sport.[/quote']

leonard garcia and the korean zombie did it for 3 rounds, and they are candidates for fight of the year

I wouldn't have called the fight a draw, but I wouldn't say HANDS DOWN that Browne won that fight. Browne threw more punches, missed many, got 2 takedowns(?), Kongo landed a bit more but threw less. He had Browne against the cage more, and he also was more aggressive especially in round 3 and threw many leg kicks throughout the whole fight.

Aggressor= Kongo(mostly round 3)

Striking= Kongo

Takedowns= Browne

Control= both

I nodded off before this fight started and woke up mid way through the third...needless to say from what I've read and the little I saw I didn't miss much. I've always said that Cheick is one of the most unintelligent fighters inside the Octagon (outside may be a different story) and his blatant refusal to stop grabbing the guys shorts was evidence of that even after several warnings. The short grabbing is done more than the refs care to acknowledge, but if the referee is going to point it out it only makes sense to try some other method of take down....maybe learn some Judo perhaps. This guy is a fail and the only reason he remains in the UFC is because the division is still relatively small in roster.

I wouldn't have called the fight a draw' date=' but I wouldn't say HANDS DOWN that Browne won that fight. Browne threw more punches, missed many, got 2 takedowns(?), Kongo landed a bit more but threw less. He had Browne against the cage more, and he also was more aggressive especially in round 3 and threw many leg kicks throughout the whole fight.

Aggressor= Kongo(mostly round 3)

Striking= Kongo

Takedowns= Browne

Control= both[/quote']

Agreed same thing I saw.

I nodded off before this fight started and woke up mid way through the third...needless to say from what I've read and the little I saw I didn't miss much. I've always said that Cheick is one of the most unintelligent fighters inside the Octagon (outside may be a different story) and his blatant refusal to stop grabbing the guys shorts was evidence of that even after several warnings. The short grabbing is done more than the refs care to acknowledge' date=' but if the referee is going to point it out it only makes sense to try some other method of take down....maybe learn some Judo perhaps. This guy is a fail and the only reason he remains in the UFC is because the division is still relatively small in roster.[/quote']

cant get much closer. Dana needs to cut Kongo and stop playing around.

Archived