so did bisping earn any NEW fans tonite??

ONLYtakes1LUCKYpunch

hahaha

I know reality' date=' Alpha. I'm being serious. Hendo wouldn't catch him with that punch again.[/quote']

Just because he might not catch him doesn't mean he'll lose. He's a superior wrestler (to say the least) and despite being an inferior striker technically, his chin and style of striking is a horrible fight for Bisping. Bisping can't handle guys that aggressive. That's why Hendo KO'd him and why he got tagged everytime Wand blitzed in. Dan has no respect for Bisping's power and therefore would blitz him again and I see the results being the same.

I'm sorry, but stylistically, Bisping has no chance. I'm not knocking Bisping, I havr no problem with him since he has been a little more respectful since Hendo humbled him, but it's the worst possible match up for him.

Just because he might not catch him doesn't mean he'll lose. He's a superior wrestler (to say the least) and despite being an inferior striker technically' date=' his chin and style of striking is a horrible fight for Bisping. Bisping can't handle guys that aggressive. That's why Hendo KO'd him and everytime Wand blitzed in, Bisping was lost as well. Dan has no respect for Bisping's power and therefore would blitz him again and I see the results being the same.

I'm sorry, but stylistically, Bisping has no chance.[/quote']

Yes, he's the better wrestler. Would he use it? Probably not.

Bisping was on his way to winning the second round until the KO, so as long as he could avoid it, it would be clear sailing.

Just my opinion, however.

Yes' date=' he's the better wrestler. Would he use it? Probably not.

Bisping was on his way to winning the second round until the KO, so as long as he could avoid it, it would be clear sailing.

Just my opinion, however.[/quote']

I see what you're saying but there's a lot of "ifs" there. Bisping's got a good boxing technique and is great when it comes to out striking his opponent for points. But he could struggle if Hendo utilised his wrestling, and there's also the fact that it could only take one well placed shot from Hendo to completely end the fight.

I see what you're saying but there's a lot of "ifs" there. Bisping's got a good boxing technique and is great when it comes to out striking his opponent for points. But he could struggle if Hendo utilised his wrestling' date=' and there's also the fact that it could only take one well placed shot from Hendo to completely end the fight.[/quote']

Keep in mind, however, that the punch Hendo landed, was the PERFECT punch. Bisping ate some SOLID shots tonight, plus he also ate a lot of them in the fight with Hendo. His chin is pretty good, it's just that Hendo got him with the right one.

Let's face it.. Hendo isn't getting any younger. I just don't see him being able to do it now.

Yes' date=' he's the better wrestler. Would he use it? Probably not.

Just my opinion, however.[/quote']

I wouldn't say he was winning. He landed more, but everything Hendo hit him with had power. Hendo will always use his wrestling if he needs to. And like I said, Bisping looks lost when people rush him. Given Hendo's chin and his complete lack of respect for Bisping's power, he would repeat 100.

I have no problem with Bisping. Actually, him being so respectful to Wand made me like him a bit. But it's a horrible match up for Bisping.

I wouldn't say he was winning. He landed more' date=' but everything Hendo hit him with had power. Hendo will always use his wrestling if he needs to. And like I said, Bisping looks lost when people rush him. Given Hendo's chin and his complete lack of respect for Bisping's power, he would repeat 100.

I have no problem with Bisping. Actually, him being so respectful to Wand made me like him a bit. But it's a horrible match up for Bisping.[/quote']

I don't think it's a horrible match up for him, but I completely agree that Bisping looks a little lost when he gets rushed. Bisping could possibly win if we make the assumption that:

a) Hendo wouldn't utilise his wrestling.

B) Bisping could avoid that overhand right for 15 minutes.

The problem is that those are two pretty big assumptions to make.

I was rooting for him on TUF, I was a bit of fan after, but not like a big fan or anything... Bisping vs Hamill was questionable but I couldn't really put that on Bisping so whatever... but after seeing him as a TUF coach I felt like I lost a lot of respect for him, especially considering he couldn't back any of that trash talk up...

I will say though, although he still needs more work, after today's fight he's definitely on a path to redemption... he had a really good fight today... granted I think half of why it was good was because of Akiyama refusal to go down, but good on the both of them...

I was rooting for him on TUF' date=' I was a bit of fan after, but not like a big fan or anything... Bisping vs Hamill was questionable but I couldn't really put that on Bisping so whatever... but after seeing him as a TUF coach I felt like I lost a lot of respect for him, especially considering he couldn't back any of that trash talk up...

I will say though, although he still needs more work, after today's fight he's definitely on a path to redemption... he had a really good fight today... granted I think half of why it was good was because of Akiyama refusal to go down, but good on the both of them...[/quote']

I liked the strategy of shooting for a takedown, and then attacking when Akiyama stuffed it. That was brilliant.

So i no most people cant stand him ??

but surely he earned a little repect after that display tonite

Theres a few fighters it seems the UFC baby's and tries everything to keep them propped up. ( Its probably for fan appeal) And Bisbing is one of them. He might as well throw away his pass port because he doesnt fight on the west side of the pond anymore. And he seems to get an easier list of opponents too. I dont think he can compete with the top of the division yet the UFC needs him around for brit fans.

Theres a few fighters it seems the UFC baby's and tries everything to keep them propped up. ( Its probably for fan appeal) And Bisbing is one of them. He might as well throw away his pass port because he doesnt fight on the west side of the pond anymore. And he seems to get an easier list of opponents too. I dont think he can compete with the top of the division yet the UFC needs him around for brit fans.

Except his last fight before Akiyama. And the one before that...

The UFC gave him a high level opponent in Akiyama, and he won. What more do you want? If they'd given him to Marquardt or something then the fans would have just complained that he was unworthy and it was a joke of a match up. Bisping vs Akiyama was a great match up for both guys and Bisping won fair and square.

And learn to spell his name for christ's sake. It's not that hard.

The UFC gave him a high level opponent in Akiyama' date=' and he won. What more do you want? If they'd given him to Marquardt or something then the fans would have just complained that he was unworthy and it was a joke of a match up. Bisping vs Akiyama was a great match up for both guys and Bisping won fair and square.

And learn to spell his name for christ's sake. It's not that hard.[/quote']

I wonder what people would say, if Bisping somehow managed to defeat Fedor.

Hmmmm.... lol

lmfao. Let's find the boundaries of reality and stick to them.

Ya' date=' in a rematch he wouldn't be proving a point, and wouldn't need to one punch him. In a rematch Hendo would snatch him up in a double-leg and slam him down, and proceed to KO him in even more brutal fashion. Full mount skull crushing. I think Hendo is done at middleweight though... Cutting weight seems to leave his gas tank half-empty (Shields).[/color']

I wonder what people would say' date=' if Bisping somehow managed to defeat Fedor.

Hmmmm.... lol[/quote']

You know, I have no problem at all with people who hate Bisping. That doesn't bother me in the slightest. What annoys me is people who don't like him as a person and use that as an incentive to tell everyone that he's an awful fighter when he's not. He's not gonna be MW Champion, of course he's not. But he's a talented fighter, fighting at the upper end of the division.

You know' date=' I have no problem at all with people who hate Bisping. That doesn't bother me in the slightest. What annoys me is people who don't like him as a person and use that as an incentive to tell everyone that he's an awful fighter when he's not. He's not gonna be MW Champion, of course he's not. But he's a talented fighter, fighting at the upper end of the division.[/quote']

Haha.. I know.

I was just wondering if they would suddenly start to call Fedor overrated, like they do to everyone else Bisping defeats :P

This. All the people who initially claimed Akiyama would smash Bisping will now turn around and say that Akiyama is a can. Just wait.

what about all of the people who said he was a can before the fight, took bisping to win a decision, and still aren't impressed with either fighter?

This. All the people who initially claimed Akiyama would smash Bisping will now turn around and say that Akiyama is a can. Just wait.

What if I've been saying "Akiyama is a can" this whole time? The only thing this fight proved is that Bisping is the king of the cans. I want him to fight people in the top 10. Have him fight Marquardt. Have him fight Okami.

I'm going to "lol" if they put him against Maia. That's probably the only person in the top 10 that he could actually beat.

This fight was a set-up from the beginning. When the card was announced, it was obvious to a blind man how this fight was going to go. I don't dislike Bisping, he has his niche, which is UK cash cow. If he fought and beat some good people outside of the UK, I would give him props. Now his role to headline a big UK card once a year against someone he can beat, and be the face of the UFC in England. Good for him.

No I've been saying he would win via UD for a few months now and low and behold thats exactly how he won... I was surprised Aikiyama got alot worst though he never was this bad before his striking was better but in this fight he lost any ability to mix it up and faught like it was his first fight...

Only thing I can say is Bisping looked good as ever pillow fist run get alot more pillow fist combos in an excellent gate keeper performance if I ever saw one...

The UFC gave him a high level opponent in Akiyama' date=' and he won. What more do you want? If they'd given him to Marquardt or something then the fans would have just complained that he was unworthy and it was a joke of a match up. Bisping vs Akiyama was a great match up for both guys and Bisping won fair and square.

And learn to spell his name for christ's sake. It's not that hard.[/quote']

How can anyone consider Akiyama a high lvl competitor? He hasn't proved anything IMO barely won against Belcher, gassed and lost to Leben, was barely there in the Bisping fight... The only thing Akiyama proved is he definitely has no business in the UFC and confirms he should be cut now.

I hope in Bisping's next fight it's agaist a legit top competitor I wouldn't care if they threw him in there with Anderson since the UFC thinks he's the best fighter next to Anderson why not let Bisping suffer another loss or see if he can out point Anderson before Bisping gets KO'd.

I like how Rogan and mainly Goldberg were all over bisping's nuts once again like it was his best fight ever better then the last and pointed out anything Bisping threw even if he missed with it they really make me not like Bisping the most as they alway make him out to be some kind of superman it's so annoying...

This fight was a set-up from the beginning. When the card was announced' date=' it was obvious to a blind man how this fight was going to go. I don't dislike Bisping, he has his niche, which is UK cash cow. If he fought and beat some good people outside of the UK, I would give him props. Now his role to headline a big UK card once a year against someone he can beat, and be the face of the UFC in England. Good for him.[/quote']

It's like you read my mind this is how I see it as well... Bisping would be more legitimized if the UFC actually put top guys to go up against Bisping more often then not only they give bisping guys like Kang and Akiyama it's obvious Bisping will win it's all a bunch of crap just to sell ticket and put butts in the seats...

No. It was never his fighting that bothered me. It's that he thinks he's god's gift to MMA. He did well tonight' date=' and I was dissapointed to see akiyama stray from the gameplan. but akiyama is far from a can and is always exciting.[/quote']

He exciting sure so is the Korean Zombie, but being exciting doesn't make a fighter good...

Archived