The UFC should do Griffin/Shogun 2 just so Shogun can get revenge.

ThirstForBLOOD

This fight would be worse for Griffin then Anderson/Forrest. I'd love to see another fight with Griffin getting beat down.

The only way I see this happening is if Shogun clears out the light heavyweight division and then personally requests to fight Forrest. I don't see Forrest being a contender anytime soon though, but I could be wrong. Either way, I don't think that Shogun has anything to prove by rematching Forrest.

people hate on forrest but reality is he dominated him' date=' and forrest is an awesome underdog and would beat shogun again[/quote']

Yup, he did dominate Shogun. Nevermind the fact that Shogun had a severally injured knee that required complete reconstruction immediately afterwards. Forrest is an awesome underdog because he's not good enough to be considered the same level of fighter. If the same Shogun the beat Machida fought Forrest, Griffin would lose by death.

people hate on forrest but reality is he dominated him' date=' and forrest is an awesome underdog and would beat shogun again[/quote']

Yup, he did dominate Shogun. Nevermind the fact that Shogun had a severally injured knee that required complete reconstruction immediately afterwards. Forrest is an awesome underdog because he's not good enough to be considered the same level of fighter. If the same Shogun the beat Machida fought Forrest, Griffin would lose by death.

The only way I see this happening is if Shogun clears out the light heavyweight division and then personally requests to fight Forrest. I don't see Forrest being a contender anytime soon though' date=' but I could be wrong. Either way, I don't think that Shogun has anything to prove by rematching Forrest.[/quote']

Forrest is already a top 5 contender at LHW and has been ever since he lost the title to Rashad. He would only need a win or two over other top 5 guys to get back into the title picture, and of course Shogun has something to prove with a rematch he has a loss to Forrest, and Forrest is a former champion. Not to mention a huge name in the UFC.

The only way I see this happening is if Shogun clears out the light heavyweight division and then personally requests to fight Forrest. I don't see Forrest being a contender anytime soon though' date=' but I could be wrong. Either way, I don't think that Shogun has anything to prove by rematching Forrest.[/quote']

I tend to agree but its possible. Forrest already has a win over Tito and although I think that Franklin will win its possible that Forrest could walk away with that fight (crazier things have happenened) with two big wins Forrest would be near a title shot and it would be very marketable as Forrest is popular and has a win over Shogun.

Archived