Dana White: Two Of The Top Heavyweights Are Fedor And Overeem

uedamasa

http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/10/dana-white-two-of-the-top-heavyweights-are-fedor-and-overeem

?Obviously one of the top heavyweights is Fedor, and I would say Overeem, too, and I like Overeem. I?ve always had a good relationship with him. It?s hard to tell outside, and what a lot of people get caught up in is ?oh this guy?s out there.? What you have to realize is the guys that fight in the UFC fight the very best in the world three times a year.

I think anybody?s a possibility. He?s supposed to be their champion. They?ve had a hard time getting him to fight. Did you ever notice these guys at Strikeforce have a hard time getting their people to come in and actually fight. If that was the case, you guys would never see the fights that you want to see. Especially with as many fights as we?re doing, when we sign a guy we want him to fight three times in a year. How the hell is he going to fight somewhere else? It?s impossible.?

Before the Lesnar hype, I read a qoute by White where he was looking to sign both but fedors brand was ducking real HWs. Overeem is a beast and I think if he joins the ufc heads will roll. He has devastating stand up, amazing submissions and he just keeps getting bigger. Overeem vs Lesnar would be sick!!!

Man its still in my wish list for Fedor to join UFC. If he wins or loses, hes epic for the sport and always , ALWAYS comes to fight, everytime. Win or lose.

The stupid American Media started making Fedor out like some GOD and ruined his great reputation and just about his career. The media are horrible. How dare they do that to Fedor and set him up like that.

it's funny how dana says that the ufc champs fight the best three times a year...

hell, not one of the champs has nor will fight 3 times this year.

Anderson, brock, and GSP didn't fight 3 times in 2009.

dana's full of **** all the time.

and when he says, "the UFC puts on fights that the fans want to see", he's full of crap because he hasn't tried to make silva/GSP, silva/shogun, JDS/cain, leben/wanderlei, or carwin/JDS happen.

Well then Werdum must be ranked number 1

Any fighter regardless of talent can get caught in a submission. Werdum is lucky Fedor isn't a wuss and fights where ever he wants too even if that's his opponents strength. We have seen it time and time again, Fedor will fight you anywhere. Just because he lost one fight in his entire career doesn't take away from his legacy. Fedor can KO any heavyweight out there, with one single punch. I hope we get to him fight some of the greats in the UFC but it is highly unlikely. I wish he would of signed with the UFC after Pride then we could of saw a lot of spectacular fights

Before the Lesnar hype' date=' I read a qoute by White where he was looking to sign both but fedors brand was ducking real HWs. Overeem is a beast and I think if he joins the ufc heads will roll. He has devastating stand up, amazing submissions and he just keeps getting bigger. Overeem vs Lesnar would be sick!!![/quote']

Wrong the UFC could not get Fedor due to Fedor wanting to CO promote with his organization.

Some call themselves fight fans but have NFI about what is going on outside the events themselves.

Any fighter regardless of talent can get caught in a submission. Werdum is lucky Fedor isn't a wuss and fights where ever he wants too even if that's his opponents strength. We have seen it time and time again' date=' Fedor will fight you anywhere. Just because he lost one fight in his entire career doesn't take away from his legacy. Fedor can KO any heavyweight out there, with one single punch. I hope we get to him fight some of the greats in the UFC but it is highly unlikely. I wish he would of signed with the UFC after Pride then we could of saw a lot of spectacular fights[/quote']

The UFC could use a finisher like Fedor.

Who are these HWs in the UFC who fight the best 3 times a year?

And I still luagh at DW switching up his thoughts constantly.

"Fedor is overrated"

"I'm obsessed with Fedor. I'm losing sleep. He's the only guy who could get an immediate title shot."

"Fedor sucks. I told you all he was overrated. He lost to an 'easy opponent' and doesn't deserve to fight in the UFC now"

"Fedor is one of the best in the world"

LOL @ anyone who takes Dana seriously when he bashes Fedor. He knows what an amazing, exciting fighter Fedor is.

Who are these HWs in the UFC who fight the best 3 times a year?

And I still luagh at DW switching up his thoughts constantly.

"Fedor is overrated"

"I'm obsessed with Fedor. I'm losing sleep. He's the only guy who could get an immediate title shot."

"Fedor sucks. I told you all he was overrated. He lost to an 'easy opponent' and doesn't deserve to fight in the UFC now"

"Fedor is one of the best in the world"

LOL @ anyone who takes Dana seriously when he bashes Fedor. He knows what an amazing' date=' exciting fighter Fedor is.[/quote']

Fedor is the P4P GOAT. Dana knows it, everybody knows it. He gets caught one time in his career and hes bad? Most fighters wouldnt go to Werdum's gaurd like that, if Fedor would have waited to finish the fight Werdum would have went to sleep. Even Fedor said he just jumped in to finish it quick.

Archived