UFC 120 Traffic delays

flook75

Had a great time at UFC 120 but got stuck in major traffic on the way to the o2 Arena

We were stuck for nearly 2 and a half hours before finally getting to the arena, just in time to watch the 3 main fights.

What was a bit annoying was that there were no diversion signs anywhere to point us in the right direction.

Anyone else get caught up in a similar situation or was it just me

Drove down from Birmingham 141 miles in 2 hrs perfect....2 miles to go, tunnels closed, no directions to follow, absolutely awful traffic, No idea where to go, useless organisation by London, Police and O2 arena. Got inside to see last 2 fights...never again at the O2.

Drove down from Birmingham 141 miles in 2 hrs perfect....2 miles to go' date=' tunnels closed, no directions to follow, absolutely awful traffic, No idea where to go, useless organisation by London, Police and O2 arena. Got inside to see last 2 fights...never again at the O2.[/quote']

im sorry to hear that but with 2 miles to go, I would have parked the car ASAP and walked

Drove down from Birmingham 141 miles in 2 hrs perfect....2 miles to go' date=' tunnels closed, no directions to follow, absolutely awful traffic, No idea where to go, useless organisation by London, Police and O2 arena. Got inside to see last 2 fights...never again at the O2.[/quote']

Well, surely a sensible precaution when travelling anywhere you don't know too well is taking Sat Nav, or failing that a map book?

Plus, if you were coming down from Birmingham, what the hell are you doing trying to go to the o2 Arena via the City in the first place? Just go south bound on the M25, through the Dartford Tunnel, onto the M2 / A2 and you're there, easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Piss poor planning produces piss poor performance. Simples.

Oh yeah, and I travel a LOT for work round the UK, and there are signs a plenty all over the motorways coming into London that the Blackwall Tunnel has closures.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who will use the internet to whine and complain about "London, Police and O2 Arena" but can't use it to plan a journey ahead of time.

Archived