Uk mma > us mma

GstarUk

We as a nation, our tiny little land are still in its infancy in MMA

yet we are catching you yanks up. And soon within 5yrs UK MMA will be the most dominate force in the UFC

Bisping will be going for a world title soon against the P4P best Brazillian.

Hardy went 5rds with the current WW Candian champion. What US fighter could go 5rds with GSP at this time. No one.

Brock will be getting KO against ''Brown Pride'' The best Mexican fighter.

The US fighters in the UFC are on the wane. UK MMA is where its at.

Just like Boxing, there is NO HW that can beat David Hayes.....

The UK fighters have over taken you in Boxing and now soon it will be MMA.

Dont believe me? See how SASS skooled your american fighter with a traingle choke.

All you American fighters just like to Lay & Pray, you dont want a fight just a bloody cuddle. While we Brits come to fight.

Theres nothing you can argue with, Its all facts.

Heres another one for you...

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

The UK came out on top, just a prelude to come.

We as a nation' date=' our tiny little land are still in its infancy in MMA

yet we are catching you yanks up. And soon within 5yrs UK MMA will be the most dominate force in the UFC

[b']Hardy went 5rds with the current WW Candian champion. What US fighter could go 5rds with GSP at this time. No one.[/b]

Dont believe me? See how SASS skooled your american fighter with a traingle choke.

All you American fighters just like to Lay & Pray, you dont want a fight just a bloody cuddle. While we Brits come to fight.

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

Fitch

Hardy went 5rds with the current WW Candian champion. What US fighter could go 5rds with GSP at this time. No one.

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

The UK came out on top, just a prelude to come.[/quote']

You can't be serious, surely? I'm a Brit but I think your being very unrealistic here. The US has a 300 million population, wrestling teams in almost every school and college, mma gyms in every city and millions of genetic freak athletes thanks to the slave trade.

In contrast, the UK has very little in the way of any of those sorts of things. A few half decent fighters here and there doesn't mean anything, especially when they would all lose to any top wrestler as seems to be the norm.

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

So full of fail it's rediculous

Fitch went 5 rounds with GSP

Paul Sass choked out a canadian

James Wilks is 2-2 (One of those TUF winners you speak of)

Ross Pearson just got choked out by (you guessed it an american)

Bisping has lost to 2 americans (Evans and Henderson)

Hardy just got KO'd by Condit (American)

Even the best current UK fighter got schooled last night by Pyle (A Mer Ri Can)

PS I'm Canadian not American

[b']Brock will be getting KO against ''Brown Pride'' The best Mexican fighter.[/b]

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

Al-Turk will beat Cain.

Ive always thought this topic was pathetic. Threads like these really only are started by reasonably stupid people.

man it seems like you like to call people dumb on online forums. i wouldn't be surprised if ur a high school dropout or failing high school insecure about your non intelligence so u come on here calling people dumb to make yourself feel better

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

As the one guy said, Fitch spent 5 rounds with Gsp.

thought this was serious until i got halfway through and stopped reading. Britain's got a few good fighters, but this obvious attempt at trolling is a little over the top. if on the off chance you are serious still...

ktfo-o.gif

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how the hell is that possible. Please explain it to me.

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how the hell is that possible. Please explain it to me.

Silva is P4P best MW.

who has beaten him in the UFC?

How long is his UFC unbeaten streak now?

answer me that boi

So full of fail it's rediculous

Fitch went 5 rounds with GSP

Paul Sass choked out a canadian

James Wilks is 2-2 (One of those TUF winners you speak of)

Ross Pearson just got choked out by (you guessed it an american)

Bisping has lost to 2 americans (Evans and Henderson)

Hardy just got KO'd by Condit (American)

Even the best current UK fighter got schooled last night by Pyle (A Mer Ri Can)

PS I'm Canadian not American

this^^

Dont believe me? See how [b']SASS skooled your american fighter with a traingle choke.[/b]All you American fighters just like to Lay & Pray, you dont want a fight just a bloody cuddle. While we Brits come to fight.

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

Hey ****, Sass was fighting Holst, who is CANADIAN.

Furthermore, Hardy got KTFO by a guy who has previously NOT shown one punch KO power. Hathaway's hype train got ****in derailed in dominant fashion. Oh and in answer to what Hardy did. Fitch. ./thread

Of all the UK fighters on the card, NONE of them won against an American fighter. And only two won, regardless of who they were fighting. 5 out of 7 UK fighters got beat last night. You chose just about the worst time to try and make a case for UK MMA being on the rise.

Just for icing on the cake, even Kongo, who trains in the UK and has for years, went to a draw with a no name rookie fighter whos only credible win is over a far-to-small for HW McSweeney. He held onto Browne's shorts for the better part of THE ENTIRE FIGHT because in the first round he got hit, hurt, and scared.

UK MMA will NEVER compare to US MMA. And it will be a LONG time before a Brit holds a belt. IF, by some horrible matchmaking, Bisping was to fight for the MW belt, he would be MAULED. He wouldnt even make it past ANYONE in the top 5 of that divison. Okami, Belfort, and Marquardt would all handle him EASILY. Maia could very well beat him and he wouldnt even stand an INKLING of a chance against Sonnen or Silva.

Hey ****' date=' Sass was fighting Holst, who is CANADIAN.

Furthermore, Hardy got KTFO by a guy who has previously NOT shown one punch KO power. Hathaway's hype train got ****in derailed in dominant fashion. Oh and in answer to what Hardy did. Fitch. ./thread

Of all the UK fighters on the card, NONE of them won against an American fighter. And only two won, regardless of who they were fighting. 5 out of 7 UK fighters got beat last night. You chose just about the worst time to try and make a case for UK MMA being on the rise.

Just for icing on the cake, even Kongo, who trains in the UK and has for years, went to a draw with a no name rookie fighter whos only credible win is over a far-to-small for HW McSweeney. He held onto Browne's shorts for the better part of THE ENTIRE FIGHT because in the first round he got hit, hurt, and scared.

UK MMA will NEVER compare to US MMA. And it will be a LONG time before a Brit holds a belt. IF, by some horrible matchmaking, Bisping was to fight for the MW belt, he would be MAULED. He wouldnt even make it past ANYONE in the top 5 of that divison. Okami, Belfort, and Marquardt would all handle him EASILY. Maia could very well beat him and he wouldnt even stand an INKLING of a chance against Sonnen or Silva.[/quote']

lol bored of this thread now.

If you really think i was serious more fool to you. :)

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

hhhhmmmm

mcsweeney lost

hardy lost

hathaway lost

wilks lost

in one night.......

oh ya clearly

too bad it's fact UK fighters that lesser then US fighters

Im happy with our fighters, theres alot of good UK prospects that are not in the ufc atm. That are fighting for Cage Rage & Bamma. Hopefully they get their chance to shine.

Granted last nite wasnt good for the UK fighters. Hell this year hasnt been good with Daley gone, n Peason, Winner, Etim & Nick losing. They can only improve and hopefully get back to winning ways.

All you American fighters just like to Lay & Pray' date=' you dont want a fight just a bloody cuddle. While we Brits come to fight.[/quote']

Man, the term 'Lay & Pray' is being used way too much lately. I can see it used in cases like Shields vs Henderson or King Mo vs Mousasi where it was used as a defense technique, but so many people like this OP use it to describe wrestlers as a whole. If it's used in offense like by Brock, GSP or Fitch, that's not 'Lay and Pray'. Boring, possibly, but this is MIXED martial arts, which includes ground fighting... if a fighter is going to be world ranked in mma, he needs to know how to handle ground fighters. This has been a known fact since UFC 1. If you don't like it, you should be watching boxing or K1 instead.

Mate, much as I'd love this to be true - it just isn't.

Martial arts in general are a near-mainstream sport in the US.

They teach WRESTLING in high school.

We have a relatively small number of MMA gyms, and a fraction of the martial artists (let alone actual mixed martial artists) that the US can boast.

UFC in particular and MMA in general is a fast-growing sport in the US, with the accusations of human **** fighting etc. being rolled back every day. In the UK, it remains the common perception that MMA is basically pit-fighting, brutal, dangerous and wrong.

Basically, MMA lacks a strong base in the UK and suffers from an 'underground' perception. Both of these things need to change if we are going to challenge the likes of the US and Brazil for dominance of top level MMA.

First, we need a strong self-sufficient national scene - BAMMA might do the job.

Second, we need to get past the conservative opposition to MMA and show that it's actually safer than boxing, more disciplined than football and generally quite a safe, morally and physically positive sport.

Third, we need to try and convince kids to train MMA from a young age. We suffer against Americans who've been training at wrestling and Brazilians who have been studying jui jitsu/muay thai since the age of 12. Our kids are playing football, or perhaps rugby at that stage, with only a tiny tiny number even studying the more popular martial arts like boxing or karate.

Most Brits only even consider training MMA in their late teens at the absolute earliest - our current generation of beginner MMA stars are already six years behind theirt American contemporaries.

We CAN become a power, but there is a LONG way to go...

.well they were supposed to be gifs but it didnt turn out too well. anyways, hendo KTFO bisping, Condit KTFO hardy, Pyle ran through Hathaway, Wilks got pounded out by Brown, Pearson got dropped and choked out by Miller, Daley got armbarred by Shields, McSweeny got pounded out brutally twice by Browne and some other guy, Al-Turk has been made a joke by the entire MMA fanbase, and as for Sass he belongs in jiu jitsu tournament because he obviously doesn;t want to strike. Let's not forget the ever-so-famous Alex Reid either. Just saying.

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

Haha, Ill remember this... check back next week when I post a new topic about this. The title will be your name.

man it seems like you like to call people dumb on online forums. i wouldn't be surprised if ur a high school dropout or failing high school insecure about your non intelligence so u come on here calling people dumb to make yourself feel better

OR' date=' he's 100% right when he says that people that start these kind of arguments are ignorant or [i']dumb[/i].

TUF season 9 UK Vs USA

[b']The UK came out on top,[/b] just a prelude to come.

The uk on top?? ufc 100 was uk vs USA and I remember all american Hendo shutting the whole Uk's mouth :)

Archived