Somebody please explain to me...

C_M_C_K_A_Y

How did Couture outwrestle Lesnar in there fight?

Couture barely got 1 takedown and Lesnar got 2. (Not to mention he controlled Couture on the ground for over a minute)

They were back and forth holding each other against the cage.

Lesnar absolutely won the 1st round.

Why do people think Couture won the round and outwrestled Lesnar?

Couture barely got 1 takedown and Lesnar got 2. (Not to mention he controlled Couture on the ground for over a minute)

See, Greco Roman wrestling as adapted to MMAis not about takedowns.

Its about holding and controlling your opponent, while you inflict damage.

That is what Couture did.

He controlled the bigger man and roughed him up.

The only thing that saved Lesnar - ironically - was striking.

BUt then again Randy is not exactly A Silva with the hands.

edit to add: or the chin

couture was what 45 at the time?

about 50 pounds lighter

retired once removed?

He out wrestled Brock.

He controlled the clinch, took him down and out struck him

Randys wrestling in the cage isn't the same as say GSP where it is take down after take down. He is all about control.

Brocks size strength and speed should have picked randy up and made him look like a child. Brocks vs Randy in their wrestling aspects show that Brock lacked what it took and if Randy came in the same size and age that Brock wouldn't have been able to do ****.

The only bias is the Brock ****s not recognizing that he was out wrestled by a smaller retired man.

I'm not biased either way' date=' I like both guys, but from what I remember Couture was doing a pretty decent job at controlling Brock, in places.

And that's a pretty big deal considering the size difference.[/quote']

It was a hand picked fight for Lesnar - whcih is what the UFC does with its HWs.

Of course he's going to beat Randy Couture.

It's simple, when you refuse to accept reality you will make things up to support the false reality you create. I can't count how many times i've indicated the lack of domination in this fight by Couture. Lesnar rested on the guy and indicated he was going to do so "Couture has to carry around Brock Lesnar the entire fight" or some stuff like that is what Lesnar said prior to that fight. Lesnar was not in trouble in just about any of those positions and knew so which is why he did not make any serious effort to get out of those positions for a majority of the fight.

Couture put up a good fight but there was no domination what so ever. It's not as if Lesnar was making real effort to escape or change position and being nullified by Couture. Any time Lesnar wanted to get a real take down and followed through he got it. Any time he wanted to change position he did so. Pretty plain to see.

Archived