Does Condit's destruction of Hardy make Rory Macdonald look better?

ThirstForBLOOD

Rory was getting the better of striking and wrestling over Condit for the first 2 rounds of their fight. Condit comes in and KTFO's Hardy in less than a round.

Naw Hardy just got caught. It happens to everybody. Condit is a good fighter but his win over hardy doesnt really knock hardy down the ranks. It definitely boosts Condit though.

This is just mma math. Styles make fights. It all depends from certain matchups. Condit knew Hardy wount try to take him down and he could open up more easily where Rory was also threatening with takedowns hence Condit was more careful with his standup. The only way two see who is better would be to make Hardy and Rory fight.

Yes, and no. Fights have MANY factors. Having said that, MacDonald was impressive and just could not keep it up. Condit showed the heart of a champion in that fight

I knew Condit would have better standup. Technique over size/power again. WEC champion and deserves the next shot at GSP.

Also shows Hardy didn't really deserve it.

This is just mma math. Styles make fights. It all depends from certain matchups. Condit knew Hardy wount try to take him down and he could open up more easily where Rory was also threatening with takedowns hence Condit was more careful with his standup. The only way two see who is better would be to make Hardy and Rory fight.

Always. The only way is to match them up. Well said.

I'd put my money on Rory any day. That kid is going to go a long way as he matures.

Yes' date=' and no. Fights have MANY factors. Having said that, MacDonald was impressive and just could not keep it up. Condit showed the heart of a champion in that fight

I knew Condit would have better standup. Technique over size/power again. WEC champion and deserves the next shot at GSP.

Also shows Hardy didn't really deserve it.[/quote']

Deserve has nuthin to do with it.

There's no rankings. Its all up to the boss who fights who.

COndit out a guy away in 3 minutes that GSP couldn;t put away at all.

If it makes Rory look better then it has to make GSP look worse.

Same logic.

gsp chose to take him down and try to sub him and after seeing that i dont think anyone will ever tap hardy, if gsp stood there and banged with him he probably would of ko'd him as well

Rory was getting the better of striking and wrestling over Condit for the first 2 rounds of their fight. Condit comes in and KTFO's Hardy in less than a round.

Here's the thing, for all you people who don't watch fights with their eyes open..

Condit was winning that entire fight.

MacDonald was NOT getting the better of the striking.

His takedowns came off of Condit's kicks/knees.

He had ZERO offense on the ground.

MacDonald was a game opponent, but he got beat up for 15 minutes.

Learn how to open your eyes when watching a fight.

Here's the thing' date=' for all you people who don't watch fights with their eyes open..

Learn how to open your eyes when watching a fight.[/quote']

really man you seen it that way how drunk where you lol

he's evoulved more i dont think any one in the future will sub hardy unless his arms about to snap in half ' date=' does that sound better?[/quote']

No it still sounds silly.

Anybody can get subbed.

Fedor got subbed - even if it took 30 plus fights and BJJ world champion to do it - fedor still got subbed.

Everybody loses at this game.

Here's the thing' date=' for all you people who don't watch fights with their eyes open..

Learn how to open your eyes when watching a fight.[/quote']

This. Based off of damage Condit was without a doubt winning that fight. The first round I gave to Rory though. Second could have gone either way. Joe Rogan kept talking about the front kick at the end of the second that knocked Condit down. That didn't even land. Condit fell because after his front kick nailed MacDonald straight in the face he slipped.

This. Based off of damage Condit was without a doubt winning that fight. The first round I gave to Rory though. Second could have gone either way. Joe Rogan kept talking about the front kick at the end of the second that knocked Condit down. That didn't even land. Condit fell because after his front kick nailed MacDonald straight in the face he slipped.

YOu have to forgive Joe. He is somewhat starry eyed about leg kicks.

No it still sounds silly.

Anybody can get subbed.

Fedor got subbed - even if it took 30 plus fights and BJJ world champion to do it - fedor still got subbed.

Everybody loses at this game.

i see where you coming from and if you think im a huge hardy fan im not i dont really care for the guy i just think he has excelent sub defs thats all, and can see it improving more, i could see him getting caught in a triangle and tapping right before he passes out other than that i think you'll have to snap his arm

Yes, given that McDonald lasted longer.

However, Condit did not 'destroy' Hardy as the fight was pretty much equal, and he got a flash-KO, which hardy could just as easily gotten if he'df thrown a fraction of a second earlier.

A first round KO, when both fighters are swinging like that actually tells you VERY little about either fighter.

First round was Condit's, too.

He tied him up and beat on him every time he was taken down, and he also damn near dropped him with a right hand.

You guys are funny. With all the "takedowns don't win fights!!" talk, yet people think MacDonald was winning. Talk about double-standards.

Yes' date=' given that McDonald lasted longer.

However, Condit did not 'destroy' Hardy as the fight was pretty much equal, and he got a flash-KO, which hardy could just as easily gotten if he'df thrown a fraction of a second earlier.

A first round KO, when both fighters are swinging like that actually tells you VERY little about either fighter.[/quote']

Hardy's punch landed first.

Watch closer.

Yes' date=' given that McDonald lasted longer.

A first round KO, when both fighters are swinging like that actually tells you VERY little about either fighter.[/quote']

It tells you which one won and which one lost.

Thats really the only thing a fight can tell you.

Absolutely.

It also makes GSP look worse.

Condit looks ready to beat the champ.

I'm probably missing something' date=' but how does it make GSP look worse?[/quote']Yeah, you missed something alright.

Condit gave the kind of performance fans enjoy. Versus the same opponent, GSP gave the kind of performance that caused some fans to fall asleep (and I mean that literally -- search the forums and see). If you can't see a distinct difference, then all I have to say is welcome to the world of professional mixed martial arts.

Because he's the champion, you might expect GSP to provide an even-better performance, not a worse one. Get it?

If you're not brand new to this -- and that certainly may be the case -- then can I assume you hug GSP's balls so tightly that it affects your ability to think clearly?

edit: sleep / asleep

Ha ha...and you make yourslef look like a moron :)

Since coming to the UFC Condit has looked like shxt against opponents he was supposed to walk through...up until this fight he's been mediocre at best.

Umm..

How was Condit expected to walk through Martin Kampmann?

Please explain that.

Yeah it makes Rory look like an absolute monster and Condit knocking the living **** out Hardy' date=' made GSP's win a complete joke![/quote']

No it doesn't.

GSP's performance left no doubt about what would happen in a rematch.

GSP > Hardy every single time.

Condit vs Hardy 2 could end up a little different.

No it doesnt make him look better, hardy has a solid chin and condit has good power the difference is condit landed a perfect punch on hardys chin that would have likley dropped anyone. With striking it is completely possible to get lucky. Im not saying condit wouldnt have won the fight otherwise im saying he just didnt get lucky against rory.

Condit is the last WEC WW champ hes a solid respected fighter and rory was a new fighter to the ufc that put up a good fight he earned plenty of respect even before the hardy fight. But its still to early to talk about a matchup with GSP.

COndit out a guy away in 3 minutes that GSP couldn;t put away at all.

If it makes Rory look better then it has to make GSP look worse.

Same logic.

You have no logic.Hardy said it himself at the end."I got hit in the face."If you are a banger who is willing to stand and bang with another banger.Then plain and simple,one of you will be sleeping early.Simple logic.

lol condit beat hardy at his own game

and gsp couldn't finish him at his game xD

This thread is total bulls**t.

Condit beat Hardy to the punch by 0.1254 of a second,otherwise it would have been Condits eyes rolled in the back of his head.

Im a Hardy fan but well done Carlos,great punch!

I still think GSP would beat Condit easily.

This thread is total bulls**t.

Condit beat Hardy to the punch by 0.1254 of a second' date='otherwise it would have been Condits eyes rolled in the back of his head.

Im a Hardy fan but well done Carlos,great punch!

I still think GSP would beat Condit easily.[/quote']

Hardy's punch landed first.

Nope, not at all. Hardy has always been an overrated clown. If MMAth actually meant anything, it'd just mean that Rory would also **** up the turd.

no since his victory over macdonald's was a display of superiority while his victory over Hardy was nothing but coin flipping. He just threw wild punches without covering his head at all, even ate Hardy's punch and was kinda lucky that it didn't land clean. Fighting like that could get him KO'd against basically anyone. By anyone I mean anyone.. throw any agressive dude in there who knows how to put power in his punch and without any specific training, if condit fought like that some newb like that could even end up knocking him out. I think victories like that show absolutely nothing good about a fighter.

Condit yet again proved his chin. He had confidence in his chin and decided to stand and trade with Hardy... very balsy and absolutely deserves huge respect. GSP is a smart figher and decided to make his fight against hardy a sure thing.

But Macdonald absolutely looks better since he give Condit one hell of a fight. I expect to see big things from Rory in the future.

You have no logic.Hardy said it himself at the end."I got hit in the face."If you are a banger who is willing to stand and bang with another banger.Then plain and simple' date='one of you will be sleeping early.Simple logic.[/quote']

So we can;t use the results of fights to determine the relative skill of fighters.

Dam.

That makes it pretty tough.

Archived