Condit Next W.W. Champ

wickedvvayz

If Condit doesnt get the next title shot. They should fire the UFC matchmaker. Condit would smash GSP on the stand up and if goes down. He would be able neutrize GSP B.J.J. Condit has a sick ground game. His striking is just going to me more pin point now that he is with the Jackson camp.

Im giving Shields or Condit the biggest chance for the upset. Shields has the takedowns and b.j.j and chin and expiernce. Condit has the striking, chin and sick subs. Im betting money that one of these 2 will pull the upset. Unless, he moves up to M.W. Where he will defently get tested. Not taking nothing away from GSP. He is an awsome fighter and if he never moves up to M.W and does beat these 2. He will surly leave legacy if he wishes to retire. I just feel one of these 2 will have his number.

If jake sheilds wins, he'll get the next title shot

if kampmann wins, he will fight fitch for #1 contender.

condit should fight the winner of hughes vs penn,

if hughes wins against penn, then condit should fight hughes, for #1 contender.

if penn wins against hughes, carlos fights him, and if he wins then has one more fight for title shot

or maybe if kampann wins he should fight carlos for titlwe shot

I say shields and condit should fight shields should'nt get the title shot after one fight and it's against kampmann so come on and hughs or penn have to wait and fitch already has the title shot if iam not mistaken he fights the winner of GSP vs kos so yea oh and GSP is my favorite fighter of all and i have to admit that if anybody i would like to take the belt away from him is condit not shields or fitch or kos condit is one of my favorite fighters also so yea GSP has some work to do! and i can't wait!!

Tell me how Condit beats GSP...I don't see it happening.

And Sheilds was brought into the UFC to challenge GSP at WW so why shouldn't he get a shot if he beats Kampmann? The guy is on a 15 fight win streak.

And how is it that if Shields wins he gets a title shot but if Kampmann wins he has to fight again??

And Sheilds was brought into the UFC to challenge GSP at WW so why shouldn't he get a shot if he beats Kampmann? The guy is on a 15 fight win streak.

And how is it that if Shields wins he gets a title shot but if Kampmann wins he has to fight again??

"Tell me how Condit beats GSP...I don't see it happening"

Based on opinion. GSP didnt want none of Hardys stand up. GSP went for his bread and butter takedowns mma wrestling and tried to submit him. Condit since he got in with the jackson camp. Could totally tell his striking got crisp or more tech. Condit is more known in his sub ground game. On the feet. I dont think GSP would want to go there from the fact of watching the Hardy match. Serra put alot of fear on GSPs chin on taking risks. On the ground Condit could neautirze GSP B.J.J not wrestling. But in B.j.j it just takes one mistake and thats it. Im not saying Condit would blow GSP away. It would be a huge challenge. Unless, GSP moves to M.W.

"And Sheilds was brought into the UFC to challenge GSP at WW so why shouldn't he get a shot if he beats Kampmann? The guy is on a 15 fight win streak."

Agreed, Bro.

"And how is it that if Shields wins he gets a title shot but if Kampmann wins he has to fight again?"

Like you stated above 15 win streak for Shields is no joke. I would say if Shields losses, kap vs Condit winner gets GSP. That if GSP doesnt move up. Hopefully he will.

I agree with you completely. If Pierre would have kept it standing, he could of got a TKO or KO victory. But that wasn't the plan. They thought Hardys stand up was his superior strength, so they took it to the ground looking for a submission. Which he nearly had twice. Jacksons camp realized that the only way to stop Hardy would be by KO. Having that much information about one fighter going into a camp where one of your teammates just fought him months ago is so beneficial. They knew what they could do more so then before. Jackson figured out the Brit.

I agree with you completely. If Pierre would have kept it standing' date=' he could of got a TKO or KO victory. But that wasn't the plan. They thought Hardys stand up was his superior strength, so they took it to the ground looking for a submission. Which he nearly had twice. Jacksons camp realized that the only way to stop Hardy would be by KO. Having that much information about one fighter going into a camp where one of your teammates just fought him months ago is so beneficial. They knew what they could do more so then before. Jackson figured out the Brit.[/quote']

yup, and hopefully Santa Claus comes over this year for Christmas.

If Condit doesnt get the next title shot. They should fire the UFC matchmaker. Condit would smash GSP on the stand up and if goes down. He would be able neutrize GSP B.J.J. Condit has a sick ground game. His striking is just going to me more pin point now that he is with the Jackson camp.

Im giving Shields or Condit the biggest chance for the upset. Shields has the takedowns and b.j.j and chin and expiernce. Condit has the striking' date=' chin and sick subs. Im betting money that one of these 2 will pull the upset. Unless, he moves up to M.W. Where he will defently get tested. Not taking nothing away from GSP. He is an awsome fighter and if he never moves up to M.W and does beat these 2. He will surly leave legacy if he wishes to retire. I just feel one of these 2 will have his number.[/quote']

Lol, you could set your watch to it.

:)

Im giving Shields or Condit the biggest chance for the upset. Shields has the takedowns and b.j.j and chin and expiernce. Condit has the striking' date=' chin and sick subs. Im betting money that one of these 2 will pull the [b']upset[/b]. Unless, he moves up to M.W. Where he will defently get tested. Not taking nothing away from GSP. He is an awsome fighter and if he never moves up to M.W and does beat these 2. He will surly leave legacy if he wishes to retire. I just feel one of these 2 will have his number.

You use the word "upset" but seem sure it will happen. Strange.

Your first paragraph is hilarious, thanks for the good laugh bandwagon guy :)

If Nick Diaz could just lay of the weed, and come back to the UFC he'd take the title for sure.

As for Condit, his striking isn't as good as GSP's, his wrestling certainly isn't on the same level. If he lands a good punch, sure he could KO GSP, but the only place he's better is his JJ game, and even that isn't on BJ Penn's level.

Shields is going to be the toughest test to date for GSP, but I'd give the edge to GSP, if for nothing else, just his athletisism.

I'm not sure you bandwagoners saw what Rory did to Condit with takedowns but uhh...

GSP is a lot better than Rory Macdonald...

Condit has a chance, but he has to win at least one more fight imo to even get a shot. And even then he will no doubt be the underdog by a decent amount.

Im giving Shields or Condit the biggest chance for the upset. Shields has the takedowns and b.j.j and chin and expiernce. Condit has the striking' date=' chin and sick subs. Im betting money that one of these 2 will pull the upset. Unless, he moves up to M.W. Where he will defently get tested. Not taking nothing away from GSP. He is an awsome fighter and if he never moves up to M.W and does beat these 2. He will surly leave legacy if he wishes to retire. I just feel one of these 2 will have his number.[/quote']

way to jump on the bandwagon you pansy

Wowzers! ...and no.

Fantastic rebuttal sir.

If GSP chose to stand with Diaz, anything could happen, but my money would be on Diaz there, even though I do acknowledge that GSP has good stand up, Nick's is just too unorthodox, and strangely effective.

If GSP takes Diaz down, well, unlike GSP, Diaz has amazing BJJ, and wouldn't even give it a seconds thought before breaking an arm or leg, and is very comfortable off his back.

Oh, and this is coming from a GSP fan, not some dumb GSP hater, who uses nothing but tired one liners, I'm actually using some knowledge of the sport, and logic to back up my opinions.

Care to debate, or are you going to settle with "Wowzers!...and no." as your arguement?

If jake sheilds wins' date=' he'll get the next title shot

if kampmann wins, he will fight fitch for #1 contender.

condit should fight the winner of hughes vs penn,

if hughes wins against penn, then condit should fight hughes, for #1 contender.

if penn wins against hughes, carlos fights him, and if he wins then has one more fight for title shot

or maybe if kampann wins he should fight carlos for titlwe shot[/quote']

You're trippin on so many levels that I don't even wanna go into the details.

This forum is awesome!

The guy lands one good punch in the whole fight, and it happened to be the one on the button and get a KO, and people have this guy ready to be the next WW champ. Good God.

Since he has been in the UFC, he has lost to Kampmann, won an iffy split decision against Ellenberger, got beat up by MacDonald for 2 rds until Rory made a mistake and he capitalized, how in the hell does anyone think he has WW champion potential right now?

I am not impressed.

And GSP doesn't often make mistakes for him to capitalize on like a 19 yr old or a wild swinging British guy.

I can see the UFC moving him up the ladder a bit for his next fight, and him losing badly.

Fantastic rebuttal sir.

If GSP chose to stand with Diaz' date=' anything could happen, but my money would be on Diaz there, even though I do acknowledge that GSP has good stand up, Nick's is just too unorthodox, and strangely effective.

If GSP takes Diaz down, well, unlike GSP, Diaz has amazing BJJ, and wouldn't even give it a seconds thought before breaking an arm or leg, and is very comfortable off his back.

Oh, and this is coming from a GSP fan, not some dumb GSP hater, who uses nothing but tired one liners, I'm actually using some knowledge of the sport, and logic to back up my opinions.

Care to debate, or are you going to settle with "Wowzers!...and no." as your arguement?[/quote']

If Nick Diaz could just lay of the weed' date=' and come back to the [/size']UFC he'd take the title for sure

Kind sir, I stand by my assessment of your assessment as there is really no more to say about the part I commented on. Nick Diaz is not a threat to GSP, or Fitch, Koscheck,Alves or Shields, let alone " take the title for sure". Geezus H Cripes! He fights cans in SF and GSP dominates the best of the best in the UFC. Please give your head a shake. I too look good when I choke out gramma in the first round every Christmas.

Shields is a poor man's GSP. Nothing more.

Look at their respective resume's and that may be switched up a bit.

One is on a 15 fight win streak spanning 5 years, 2 weightclasses, 3 titles with his latest win coming over the only man to ever hold 2 belts in 2 classes at the same time.

One is on a 7 fight streak, spanning 3 years, one weightclass, with wins over 1 relative rookie, 2 natural lightweights, a former champion he had already beaten anyway, and 3 guys who were completely one dimensional.

If you were looking at those two lines, without prior knowledge of which is which, who would you think was the "poor man's version" of whom?

I get the feeling this is a well veiled troll attempt. But why would Condit and GSP fight eachother if they train together? Last time I checked, these Jackson Gym fellows don't like to fight one another. Also, may I refer you to UFC 115 where Mr.Condit was mauled for 12 minutes (by Rory MacDonald) only to flick on the ape**** switch, and get the TKO. You don't get to flick that switch against a killer like GSP.

I get the feeling this is a well veiled troll attempt. But why would Condit and GSP fight eachother if they train together? Last time I checked' date=' these Jackson Gym fellows don't like to fight one another. Also, may I refer you to UFC 115 where Mr.Condit was mauled for 12 minutes (by Rory MacDonald) only to flick on the ape**** switch, and get the TKO. You don't get to flick that switch against a killer like GSP.[/quote']

Take a look at the post fight press conf (vid links on top of UFC homepage).

Condit is asked about it and says he is open to the idea, and would be stupid not to grab the chance if it comes along.

Kind sir' date=' I stand by my assessment of your assessment as there is really no more to say about the part I commented on. Nick Diaz is not a threat to GSP, or Fitch, Koscheck,Alves or Shields, let alone " take the title for sure". Geezus H Cripes! He fights cans in SF and GSP dominates the best of the best in the UFC. Please give your head a shake. I too look good when I choke out gramma in the first round every Christmas.[/quote']

Ok, so more stupid comments, with no merit to actually argue how any of the mentioned fighters would have an advantage, or even win the fight.

Jon Fitch? The only thing Jon Fitch is a threat to is a "what's more boring to watch?" competition, where "watching paint dry" might actaully come a close second to "watching Jon Fitch fight" When's Jon Fitch ever fought a top level BJJ practitioner who can also stand and throw leather? Good luck with that one.

Koscheck? The guy hasn't beaten a top level fighter in his career, and just like Fitch, he's never faced a world class BJJ fighter, so who cares if he can lay and pray agaisnt fighters who don't have the skill set to counter it?

Alves? Yeah, Alves might stand and bang with him, and could well KO him, the guys got a lot of power. but if Spencer Fisher and Gleison Tibau can tap him, Diaz certainly can. Oh, and that's if Diaz doesn't KO him first.

Shields? Well, two Gracie BJJ Black Belts, would make an interesting fight, Shields would have the strength advantage, but on the feet, it clearly goes to Diaz for me. Tough fight for both, but I'd take Diaz, possibly by SD.

GSP, already covered that one.

SF Cans? Ok, Strikeforce doesn't have the wealth of talent in the WW division that the UFC does, but KJ Noons is far from a can, and has better stand up than ANY of the fighters you've mentioned, and look what happened there? Sakurai is a can? (ok it's Dream, but co-promoting effectively) Gomi in his prime, can? I won't go there with Shamrock, because he's not what he used to be, and even then, he wasn't that great.

So sure, Diaz hasnt been tested to the fullest, but to dismiss his chances outright, well, sorry, that's just foolish.

Ok' date=' so more stupid comments, with no merit to actually argue how any of the mentioned fighters would have an advantage, or even win the fight.

Jon Fitch? The only thing Jon Fitch is a threat to is a "what's more boring to watch?" competition, where "watching paint dry" might actaully come a close second to "watching Jon Fitch fight" When's Jon Fitch ever fought a top level BJJ practitioner who can also stand and throw leather? Good luck with that one.

Koscheck? The guy hasn't beaten a top level fighter in his career, and just like Fitch, he's never faced a world class BJJ fighter, so who cares if he can lay and pray agaisnt fighters who don't have the skill set to counter it?

Alves? Yeah, Alves might stand and bang with him, and could well KO him, the guys got a lot of power. but if Spencer Fisher and Gleison Tibau can tap him, Diaz certainly can. Oh, and that's if Diaz doesn't KO him first.

Shields? Well, two Gracie BJJ Black Belts, would make an interesting fight, Shields would have the strength advantage, but on the feet, it clearly goes to Diaz for me. Tough fight for both, but I'd take Diaz, possibly by SD.

GSP, already covered that one.

SF Cans? Ok, Strikeforce doesn't have the wealth of talent in the WW division that the UFC does, but KJ Noons is far from a can, and has better stand up than ANY of the fighters you've mentioned, and look what happened there? Sakurai is a can? (ok it's Dream, but co-promoting effectively) Gomi in his prime, can? I won't go there with Shamrock, because he's not what he used to be, and even then, he wasn't that great.

So sure, Diaz hasnt been tested to the fullest, but to dismiss his chances outright, well, sorry, that's just foolish.[/quote']

You do make a good argument, the problem is your facts are a little skewed. Gomi and Sakurai were well past their primes when Nick beat them. The biggest name on Noons long (sarcasm) career was Nick himself. Noons is a Boxer and managed to survive 5 rounds with Nick. I like Nick Diaz as a mixed martial artist, but to suggest he is on the level of the fighters I mentioned is beyond speculation as he has proven nothing regarding his evolution since he left the UFC. You suggest he would without a doubt be the UFC WW champion based on zero evidence. I suggest he proves he can hang with the big boys before declaring him the best WW in the world and P4P king, which btw, no one other than you believes.

Archived