Theres the Superbowl, world cup, even Wrestlemania...wheres UFC's tournament

TokyoReject

So i know that just about every UFC is like those most of the time....except 119 =P lol, but has there ever been talk about a HUGE event??? like some of the top fighters for a HUGE tournament!!! And speaking of tournament....come on UFC, Stikeforce is starting them again how come you arent lol???? I miss the old UFC tournament =(

So i know that just about every UFC is like those most of the time....except 119 =P lol' date=' but has there ever been talk about a HUGE event??? like some of the top fighters for a HUGE tournament!!! And speaking of tournament....come on UFC, Stikeforce is starting them again how come you arent lol???? I miss the old UFC tournament =([/quote']

Like King of the Ring in WWE that is awesome and when Brock beats down Frankie Edgar he can do like Stone Cold and have Brock 3:16 I just choked your *** out "OH BEARD YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

So i know that just about every UFC is like those most of the time....except 119 =P lol' date=' but has there ever been talk about a HUGE event??? like some of the top fighters for a HUGE tournament!!! And speaking of tournament....come on UFC, Stikeforce is starting them again how come you arent lol???? I miss the old UFC tournament =([/quote']

Well, UFC 100 was marketed as THE biggest event, with 3 title fights.

The Japanese still do Dream. They used to do Rings.

i started watching Dream about Dream 12..i think, and i dont think ive ever seen them do the tournaments...but i wouldnt be suprised if i missed it cause...i can never remember the fighters lol only Aoki, Kazushi Sakuraba, Minowa, and that HUGE guy lol, and a few other...but ive never seen them fight more then once in one day, as Chris Tucker once said "ALL YEA'LL LOOK ALIKE"

i started watching Dream about Dream 12..i think' date=' and i dont think ive ever seen them do the tournaments...but i wouldnt be suprised if i missed it cause...i can never remember the fighters lol only Aoki, Kazushi Sakuraba, Minowa, and that HUGE guy lol, and a few other...but ive never seen them fight more then once in one day, as Chris Tucker once said "ALL YEA'LL LOOK ALIKE"[/quote']

You have done your typing now do your dancing my village idiot

ehhh.

maybe.

probably not though.

I dont think anderson' date=' gsp, brock, rashad, those kind of guys would do anything to fight multiple times in one week.[/quote']

Well the title guys shouldnt be given the chance, give the other talanted fighters a chance... not including Rashed btw =P lol dont get me wrong...good fighter, i just hate him lol, allways have since TUF1. but yea tournament, and if they win that, gives them a shot at the title, and a fat wad of cash, and a nice shinny necklace :P

A tournament would be awesome I say open weight up to 205, and then a heavyweight only tournament, and anyone who comes in over 205 will fight in the HW tournament. Or they could just have a ppv were every title is on the line, or do both which would be the best all in one night. They would charge like $70-$100 for it.

A tournament would be awesome I say open weight up to 205' date=' and then a heavyweight only tournament, and anyone who comes in over 205 will fight in the HW tournament. Or they could just have a ppv were every title is on the line, or do both which would be the best all in one night. They would charge like $70-$100 for it.[/quote']

something like that...i would pay over $100 lol

on a serious note Tournments mess up the UFC 1 pvp per month calander you put 8 fighters into a tournment you have essentially lost your top 8 - 10 fighters for that division for 3-4 months after that tournament.

Imagine 4 ppvs without any decent MW top 10 fighters fighting ?

Names sell cards

Not all fights end with blood and broken bones though. and they dont all need the top fighters...just the skilled and lucky haha.

and they Dont have to be out for 3-4 months, look at chris leben vs yoshihiro akiyama, chris fought less then a month ago before he fought that fight

Not all fights end with blood and broken bones though. and they dont all need the top fighters...just the skilled and lucky haha.

and they Dont have to be out for 3-4 months' date=' look at chris leben vs yoshihiro akiyama, chris fought less then a month ago before he fought that fight[/quote']

Once again you pick one fghter Chris Leben had a free pass fight in UFN hence he was not beaten up and could take the Akyama fight on short notice.

You want to hold a tournment and make this tournement not just sellable it also has to be crediable and to make it crediable you cant throw lambs in with lions.

In fuure think your ideas through

Once again you pick one fghter Chris Leben had a free pass fight in UFN hence he was not beaten up and could take the Akyama fight on short notice.

You want to hold a tournment and make this tournement not just sellable it also has to be crediable and to make it crediable you cant throw lambs in with lions.

In fuure think your ideas through

My idea is still happening to this day in martial arts every month, never said that you had to throw them in, and never said they would be all lions. have title fights and have the tournament, big names to sell the PPV, and the tournaments. i would love to see some legends put back into title contention, dont give them the shot but launch there ranking up, same with new fighters, and people who have fallen and get a chance to get back up...a chance that they probably would never have ever again.

but yea in response to your "in fuure....(think you mean future...nice you make fun of me then you right this) in the future think your ideas through" think your words through before you say them. tournaments are going on all the time in MMA and martial arts, i was saying it would be cool to have something like a tournament for the UFC

My idea is still happening to this day in martial arts every month' date=' never said that you had to throw them in, and never said they would be all lions. have title fights and have the tournament, big names to sell the PPV, and the tournaments. i would love to see some legends put back into title contention, dont give them the shot but launch there ranking up, same with new fighters, and people who have fallen and get a chance to get back up...a chance that they probably would never have ever again.

but yea in response to your "in fuure....(think you mean future...nice you make fun of me then you right this) in the future think your ideas through" think your words through before you say them. tournaments are going on all the time in MMA and martial arts, i was saying it would be cool to have something like a tournament for the UFC[/quote']

UFC tournments will never happen in the same scale as they were once held plain and simple.

Having fighters fight once every 3 - 4 months and being able to market and promote a card around 4 - 6 of your bigger name fighters ( in various weight classes ) per card is a hell of alot more profitable then having a tournment.

UFC tournments will never happen in the same scale as they were once held plain and simple.

Having fighters fight once every 3 - 4 months and being able to market and promote a card around 4 - 6 of your bigger name fighters ( in various weight classes ) per card is a hell of alot more profitable then having a tournment.

Oh i totally agree, its VERY unlikely that it will ever happen, they would have to put there heads together so they dont loose money, i saying it would be cool.

i asked "has there ever been talk about a HUGE event???" i never said it as an idea...just FYI

Archived