Condit/Fitch would be SWEET!

Zrod13

Condit has finally proven to the world that he belongs with the best. He did something the best WW in the world couldn't do and now it's time for a serious step up in competition. I've gotten tired of seeing Fitch wrestle out decisions. If Condit fights Fitch I'm sure Jackson?s camp will develop a strategy to nullify Fitch's ground game.

We all know Fitch doesn't have the capability to out strike Condit so it would be interesting to see if he would be able to get it to the ground. It's a guaranteed sick match-up and it should definitely warrant a title shot.

At the very least, Condit should get the winner of Kampmann/Shields for a title shot but that leaves Fitch's next opponent open so who knows.

Well loser of Sheilds and Kampman

He'll just do what he's been doing. Honestly, Fitch vs. Condit would be awesome for one reason: Fitch ALWAYS fights guys with minimal wrestling and no submission game. Condit has both of those and vicious stand-up to back it up. As soon as Fitch took down Thiago (who has the best submission game of these next guys), Saunders and Alves, they were over. He could take down Condit, but it would be far from over.

Also, a Jackson game plan for Fitch is a very interesting topic. Cannot imagine Saunders and Alves heard anymore than: "Ok, keep it on your feet and knock him out."

Condit has finally proven to the world that he belongs with the best. He did something the best WW in the world couldn't do and now it's time for a serious step up in competition. I've gotten tired of seeing Fitch wrestle out decisions. If Condit fights Fitch I'm sure Jackson?s camp will develop a strategy to nullify Fitch's ground game.

We all know Fitch doesn't have the capability to out strike Condit so it would be interesting to see if he would be able to get it to the ground. It's a guaranteed sick match-up and it should definitely warrant a title shot.

At the very least' date=' Condit should get the winner of Kampmann/Shields for a title shot but that leaves Fitch's next opponent open so who knows.[/quote']

I completely agree, I would love to see Condit drop Fitch..but isn't Fitch waiting to fight the winner of GSP/KOS?? Condit should fight the winner of Shields/Kampmann..ok maybe the loser.

At the very least' date=' Condit should get the winner of Kampmann/Shields for a title shot but that leaves Fitch's next opponent open so who knows.[/quote']

i agree he's got all around MMA game like GSP and we all saw what GSP did to Fitch who refuses to evolve, Condit would do the same imo

Wrong Thaigo. It should be Thiago Alves after he beats Howard.

I feel you on that one and it kind of makes sense but again, it just seems like a step down in competition for him at this point in time. Alves lost to Fitch and Howard shouldn't even be close to a title shot. It would be more logical to put Condit against someone with more momentum and prestige.

No fight vs Fitch is a good fight, unless of course Fitch gets ko'ed.

I don't want to see this fight.

Condit is one of my favorite fighters (see sig) and Fitch would just do to him what he does to everyone else. Condit wouldn't be able to sweep Fitch as he did to Ellenberger. Fitch has good enough sub defense to avoid a submission.

There is no way Condit could prevent him from taking him down. Condit's TDD has always been his weakness and Fitch would exploit it easily.

So who do you think Condit should get next? Winner of Diego/Thiago?? He would smash both of those guys too and thats a step down in competition for him now IMHO.

You think Diego Sanchez and/or Paulo Thiago would be a step down from Hardy? I disagree sir. It would be a parallel movement. I also agree that Condit was the f***ing man last night, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. It takes more than one big win to solidify a position among the best in the world.

I don't want to see this fight.

Condit is one of my favorite fighters (see sig) and Fitch would just do to him what he does to everyone else. Condit wouldn't be able to sweep Fitch as he did to Ellenberger. Fitch has good enough sub defense to avoid a submission.

There is no way Condit could prevent him from taking him down. Condit's TDD has always been his weakness and Fitch would exploit it easily.

I think basically everyone loses to Fitch. Except GSP.

You think Diego Sanchez and/or Paulo Thiago would be a step down from Hardy? I disagree sir. It would be a parallel movement. I also agree that Condit was the f***ing man last night' date=' but lets not get ahead of ourselves. It takes more than one big win to solidify a position among the best in the world.[/quote']

Thiago would be a step up, Sanchez would be a step down...but compared to Hardy Sanchez would be about same since they both suck.

you think diego sanchez and/or paulo thiago would be a step down from hardy? I disagree sir. It would be a parallel movement. I also agree that condit was the f***ing man last night' date=' but lets not get ahead of ourselves. It takes more than one big win to solidify a position among the best in the world.[/quote']

brock lesnar

I think it's unfair to say GSP ''couldn't" KO Hardy, I mean he never really tried, he failed to put Dan away, sure, but he never stood with him, he "chose" to lay on him for 5 rounds and occasionally take Hardy's back or arm and get shaken off. Condit however, chose to take the stand and bang route and it worked out for him.

He'll just do what he's been doing. Honestly' date=' Fitch vs. Condit would be awesome for one reason: Fitch ALWAYS fights guys with minimal wrestling and no submission game. Condit has both of those and vicious stand-up to back it up. As soon as Fitch took down [b']Thiago (who has the best submission game of these next guys)[/b], Saunders and Alves, they were over. He could take down Condit, but it would be far from over.

Also, a Jackson game plan for Fitch is a very interesting topic. Cannot imagine Saunders and Alves heard anymore than: "Ok, keep it on your feet and knock him out."

The thing with Thiago, is that he's much better from the top position. He's got a savage arm-triangle. Put him on his back, however, and he doesn't have much to offer.

Archived