Should Brock Be In Hall Of Fame?

Pessimist_Pete

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look' date=' I like Brock and all, but this is silly. :) A hall of fame induction should be for lifetime contributions to the sport, and I think Brock's time has been a bit short for that sort of honour.[/quote']

+10

other than randy, the next closest hall of fame heavy weight in the game today would be Frank Mir, and unless he gets the title, i dont think that will happen

brock has a 4-1 record in the UFC i dont think any of the other inductees have less than 10 fights in the UFC and most are well over...

im hoping this wasnt a serious thread...

easy answer...

!! NO !!

:mad:

i do not see why you wouldn't, if he beats cain he will have successfully defended the belt 3 times more then any other heavyweight champion in UFC history, also lets look at the marketign side of it lesnar is dana's cash cow when lesnar fights dana collects outrageous PPV buys, if lesnar went and talked to dana right now about beign in the hall of fame he would be put in for sure not only his outstanding accomplishments in the ring but when you have such marketign power like lesnar you are on a different level then the average fighter

i do not see why you wouldn't' date=' if he beats cain he will have successfully defended the belt 3 times more then any other heavyweight champion in UFC history, also lets look at the marketign side of it lesnar is dana's cash cow when lesnar fights dana collects outrageous PPV buys, if lesnar went and talked to dana right now about beign in the hall of fame he would be put in for sure not only his outstanding accomplishments in the ring but when you have such marketign power like lesnar you are on a different level then the average fighter[/quote']

Oh no............... Then somebody with full knowledge comes along.......

i do not see why you wouldn't' date=' if he beats cain he will have successfully defended the belt 3 times more then any other heavyweight champion in ufc history, also lets look at the marketign side of it lesnar is dana's cash cow when lesnar fights dana collects outrageous ppv buys, if lesnar went and talked to dana right now about beign in the hall of fame he would be put in for sure [b']not only his outstanding accomplishments in the ring[/b] but when you have such marketign power like lesnar you are on a different level then the average fighter

ahahahahaha!!! Thank You I havent laughed this hard in so long!

i do not see why you wouldn't' date=' if he beats cain he will have successfully defended the belt 3 times more then any other heavyweight champion in UFC history, [b']also lets look at the marketign side of it lesnar is dana's cash cow when lesnar fights dana collects outrageous PPV buys[/b], if lesnar went and talked to dana right now about beign in the hall of fame he would be put in for sure not only his outstanding accomplishments in the ring but when you have such marketign power like lesnar you are on a different level then the average fighter

Gee, someone should maybe go look at the PPV records again.

As for Lesnar getting in the HOF?

Sure, if he's in the sport for a whole bunch more years he might have a chance, but certainly not in the near future.

If he beats 5 more in a row yes..

He already beat one HOffer in Randy..

He beat 2 former ufc Champs in Randy and Mir.

He beat 2 interim Champs

He won his belt in his forth MMA fight

He beat a former undefeated KO king

If he beat?s Cain he will be the 3rd ( Correct me if im wrong) man to defend the HW title 3times in a row.

If he beats Cain he beats another undefeated fighter

There is some HOF material in Lesnar like it or not.

Since he already beat Randy (also a Hall of Famer) shouldnt Dana consider inducting Brock in the near future? Maybe if gets like 5 or 6 wins in a row? thought about this ? discuss here thanx

To answer your questions seriously, beating a hall of famer, does not make you a hall of famer. Brock is currently the king of the mountain in the heavyweight division, or more aptly, he is the mountain, but to be in the hall of fame requires more than that. Longevity, achievement, and affecting the sport in a posative way are main factors. I do belive Brock will be in the Hall of Fame, but not for many years and only if he keeps up what he's been doing. He's in back of a very long line.

I understand that his current dominance may seem like he deserves the HOF right now but he needs more time. Even if he loses to Cain, then comes back and wins the belt and defends it several more times, he would still be eligible for the HOF. It is not about records (just look at James Toney's stupid rants about Randy's record) but it is about dominance. If he defends the title around 4-5 more times, I think he will have a legit shot. Although, you also must take into account a fighter's influence on the sport. Whether you love him or hate him, Lesnar has brought in many fans that before would have never of looked at MMA. I think this point with a few more defenses will warrant him a possible HOF nod. But again, not any time soon.

Brock already has wins over Randy' date=' Mir, and he could easily smash Big Nog, Cro Cop, and other legends such as Kongo. So I think he should be in the HOF. discuss that point thanx.[/quote']

Sorry, did you really just put Kongo in the same list of legends as Randy, Mir, Big Nog and Cro Cop?

Since when is Kongo anything but a warm up fight for someone title shot bound?

With outlandish statements like that, you really to hinder your credibility.

Sorry' date=' did you really just put Kongo in the same list of legends as Randy, Mir, Big Nog and Cro Cop?

Since when is Kongo anything but a warm up fight for someone title shot bound?

With outlandish statements like that, you really to hinder your credibility.[/quote']

In Ts eyes Kongo is a legend, and i gota agree. A legend a shorts grabbing and nut shots.

And KaTsA, Nice Avi. :)

Stop trolling sir......

Let's put any fighter who's been 5-1 or better at some point in their career in the HoF as well.

/s

Hes the only 5-1 fighter who has beaten 2 former champions and 2 interim champions ever.

Also with a win he would be the only fighter ever to defend the HW title 3 consecutive times.

Also he has spent a higher percent of is career as UFC heavyweight champ than anyone else.

So barring injury thats 3 fights each year' date=' that means he would have to defend the heavyweight title 10 to 12 times in a row for hall of fame. Damn those are high standards.[/quote']

Like i said is mistake at ufc 100 kinda injury is reputation in the UFC boss who decide who go in the HOF .

Against he need more fight . I think 3 year is just enough .

Since he already beat Randy (also a Hall of Famer) shouldnt Dana consider inducting Brock in the near future? Maybe if gets like 5 or 6 wins in a row? thought about this ? discuss here thanx

If he can clean out the division and keep a long reign, then yeah, let's put him in there. If he loses and has a mediocre reign with just a couple defenses in a row, not so much.

Like i said is mistake at ufc 100 kinda injury is reputation in the UFC boss who decide who go in the HOF .

Against he need more fight . I think 3 year is just enough .

And the boss loves him, hes a little less than 12 consecutive title defenses away from HOF. Thats almost twice the UFC record and the HW division is the toughest to hold onto your belt in.

And the boss loves him' date=' hes a little less than 12 consecutive title defenses away from HOF. Thats almost twice the UFC record and the HW division is the toughest to hold onto your belt in.[/quote']

Then we have a different opinion on who should be a HOF in MMA .

I said 3 year and u said 12 consecutif title defenses ( 2 year i think ) . We can agree on 2 year and a half ?

his point was that brock is his cash cow and brock's ppv's draw the most money. Something that can't be argued because it is fact

PPV draw potential does not equate to a place in the Hall of Fame, feel free to intelligently argue that.

5 Fights in the UFC also does not gain you entry.

As I've stated, if Brock continues on his current form, sure, one day perhaps, but due to his performance as a fighter, not his ability to sell a fight.

PPV draw potential does not equate to a place in the Hall of Fame' date=' feel free to intelligently argue that.

5 Fights in the UFC also does not gain you entry.

As I've stated, if Brock continues on his current form, sure, one day perhaps, but due to his performance as a fighter, not his ability to sell a fight.[/quote']

dana could put him in for any reason he likes..........not to offend anyone but the ufc hall of fame is kind of a joke anyways

Archived