What we learned from UFC 120

towhatend

1. Tape delayed events rule - I don't know what happened in Patrick vs Wilks (wait, yes I do Wilks got taken down over and over by Patrick, according to Sherdog) but Gustaffson vs Diabate was certainly a welcome addition to the main card.

2. Bisping will get knocked out by (just about) anyone in the top 5 - I say just about because Sonnen is in the top five and he wouldn't knock Bisping out, he'd just turn him into a bloody mess. Seriously dude, check yourself. You continue to circle towards the left and you only survived Chris Leben because he's a south paw - holy crap the UFC giving Bisping a good match-up in Englad, who'd a though?!. Akiyama had at least three chances to throw an overhand right and hit Bisping as he was circling or backing up. On a side note: Who says they are "somewhat happy" with their performance only to campaign they are one fight away from a title shot? On another side note: If your decision was against W. Silva was BS, rewatch your fight with Hamill. Finally: Rematch Wandy, they won't be reading any judge's scorecards and when Silva is announced the winner you may not be awake to hear it. (I am not a Wandy/Pride fanboy or a Bisping hater, just an objective MMA fan)

3. It takes one punch to change people's minds about you - "Man that stoppage was BS." "Hardy is overrated." The first comment showed up here a lot after Condit beat MacDonald at UFC 115. The second, after Hardy got crushed by GSP. So why all of a sudden is Condit going to be the next WW champ? Because he knocked out Hardy? Don't get me wrong, I jumped out of my seat and screamed obscenities at the television when it happened but come on guys; clearly Condit was just dealing with some octagon jitters and now is fighting up to his true potential. I wouldn't say next WW champ but man is he ever a contender now.

4. Travis Browne has never fought a good heavyweight striker - Kongo is supposed to be a vicious striker and had four inches of reach on Browne. So why is it so difficult for him to throw a counter straight punch when his undefeated opponent (man, what circuit does this guy fight on?) is throwing haymakers from his hip like he's an Irishman who's downed a case of Guiness? Oh let's not neglect to mention he was charging three steps forward to do that. Holy crap, once Browne gets in there with someone like Pat Barry we're going to have Silva vs. Griffin all over again - except it'll be happening outside of the Matrix.

5. Marc Goddard is an awesome ref - Evidently Kongo was used to empty threats from refs. After all, he delivers a low blow in almost every fight - that is when Mir isn't putting him to sleep in just over a minute. Well Goddard did more than just warn Kongo; he took a point away from him. GOOD FOR YOU GODDARD, GOOD FOR YOU! Also every time he says "Don't sit!" in his British accent I have a chuckle.

I learned that free events blow.

The commercials take you out of the fight like seriously especially when they're over 2 minutes a piece.

So go watch the bs strikeforce cards that are so set up the fighters mite as well hit eachother with steel chairs.

I learned that free events blow.

The commercials take you out of the fight like seriously especially when they're over 2 minutes a piece.

I watched it live, so I didn't have to deal with the long commercial breaks.

What sucked, though, was that Sportsnet cut out Condit's and Hardy's entrances.

I watched it live' date=' so I didn't have to deal with the long commercial breaks.

What sucked, though, was that Sportsnet cut out Condit's and Hardy's entrances.[/quote']

Hardy's entrance was sooo ****en badass.

I think it's stupid how the did it so late & I live on the WC & the ufc twitter was spoiling the fights. They should have aired the fight at the same time at 7 I dunno why they did it at 8. My dad wanted to watch the main event but he fell asleep waiting.

Hardy's entrance was sooo ****en badass.

I think it's stupid how the did it so late & I live on the WC & the ufc twitter was spoiling the fights. They should have aired the fight at the same time at 7 I dunno why they did it at 8. My dad wanted to watch the main event but he fell asleep waiting.

Yeah that is the only thing I hate about delayed events. I usually do a media blackout day and just don't even go online until I've seen it. I figure between Facebook, UFC.com, the forums or where ever I'm bound to see something and have it ruined.

Yeah that is the only thing I hate about delayed events. I usually do a media blackout day and just don't even go online until I've seen it. I figure between Facebook' date=' UFC.com, the forums or where ever I'm bound to see something and have it ruined.[/quote']

Yeah I stayed off the forums & everything I knew it was a minefield. But on twitter the ufc & DW said they wouldn't spoil any fights but when the east coast was airing the fight cris mckray was posting on the ufc's twitter & spoiled the first two fights before I got off

Yeah that is the only thing I hate about delayed events. I usually do a media blackout day and just don't even go online until I've seen it. I figure between Facebook' date=' UFC.com, the forums or where ever I'm bound to see something and have it ruined.[/b']

Which is exactly why I make sure to watch it live.

I think it's stupid that Spike didn't air it live. They usually air sh*t 2 or 3 times, so why not show it live for the people who wanna see it?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Archived