Carlos "The Can Killer" Condit

DKF

No hate for Mr. Hardy, but who has he beat that is legit. He was designed to be a British ambassador/future can of the division. If they give him the title shot, then people think he is good, so they think the people that beat him are good. It is a way to make the WW division seem more deep, because they know no one is going to beat gsp.

Hardy's no can. It was a decent competition til Condit landed that left hook from hell. Seriously' date=' there are very few who can take a huge hit like that directly to the jaw line.[/quote']

Hardy just has no chin, Liddell could've took that baby left hook Condit threw, 170 lb guys dont hit that hard. Lesnar hits like a mack truck though becaus he is 300 lbs of man.

Say what you will. Condit was the WEC champion who can hang with dogs like Martin Kampmann. I don't think I'd like to take a full-strength left hook from a strong 170 pounder like Condit.

BTW Lesnar can punch? Haha

Lesnar has the best standup in that division, didnt you see how he knocked around everyone he fought on the feet ?

Well maybe not everyone' date=' but he knocked couture, mir, herring, mir, on feet.[/quote']

Don't take this as arguement, I'm just discussing it... Couture was definitely winning the fight, and it was one-sided until Brock landed a hail-Mary punch, and Couture doesn't have the same chin he used to... Mir just doesn't have the right kind of ground game, and Herring is one horrible fighter who actually did give Lesnar a challenge all 3 rounds.

Don't take this as arguement' date=' I'm just discussing it... Couture was definitely winning the fight, and it was one-sided until Brock landed a hail-Mary punch, and Couture doesn't have the same chin he used to... Mir just doesn't have the right kind of ground game, and Herring is one horrible fighter who actually did give Lesnar a challenge all 3 rounds.[/quote']

I'm not trying to argue, Brock has no standup, he does have the hail mary punch power, and bjj is damn near useless when the person is that big. I agree

I wouldn't classify Hardy as a can. I don't believe he deserved the title shot he got, or some of the recognition he has gotten. But he is no can, a real decent fighter. Hardy''s best tool is his stand-up, the holes in his game are elsewhere. Condit beat him at his own game, which should not earn him "the can killer" name. Condit is a young, and hungry contender. Don't hate on the guy for knocking somebody out...and if you really do still believe Hardy is a can, then start a thread that hates on him, not Condit.

No hate for Mr. Hardy' date=' but who has he beat that is legit. He was designed to be a British ambassador/future can of the division. If they give him the title shot, then people think he is good, so they think the people that beat him are good. It is a way to make the WW division seem more deep, because they know no one is going to beat gsp.[/quote']

he beat mike swick who was legit at the time and he outboxed him the entire fight. he got too ballsy on the feet and took a massive punch right on the chin. no one is taking that. care to watch the gsp vs serra 1 fight and tell me gsp didnt have a bad night as well. hardy will be back and a lot more humble for it

Don't take this as arguement' date=' I'm just discussing it... Couture was definitely winning the fight, and it was one-sided until Brock landed a hail-Mary punch, and Couture doesn't have the same chin he used to... Mir just doesn't have the right kind of ground game, and Herring is one horrible fighter who actually did give Lesnar a challenge all 3 rounds.[/quote']

What? A hail Mary punch? And it was 1 sided?

Mir doesnt have the right ground game?

And Herring gave Lesnar a challenge for 3 rounds?

JP24 i dont know what fights you were watching.

No hate for Mr. Hardy' date=' but who has he beat that is legit. He was designed to be a British ambassador/future can of the division. If they give him the title shot, then people think he is good, so they think the people that beat him are good. It is a way to make the WW division seem more deep, because they know no one is going to beat gsp.[/quote']

As retarded as I know you are normally, I agree that Hardy is a can. I've always said Hardy was an overrated retard. And the only reason he was gifted a shot is because GSP needed a new sacrificial lamb.

he beat mike swick who was legit at the time and he outboxed him the entire fight. he got too ballsy on the feet and took a massive punch right on the chin. no one is taking that. care to watch the gsp vs serra 1 fight and tell me gsp didnt have a bad night as well. hardy will be back and a lot more humble for it

Yes, Swick was definitely a legitimate contender with his wins over Burkman, Davis, Goulet and Saunders....

Swick was overrated and Hardy looked unimpressive against him. Getting a title shot for that was a joke. Hardy has never been top 5 or faced anyone in the top 5 except GSP.

Archived