Stav Economou: "I'm Preparing For The Best Sapp There's Ever Been"

deanparr

At BAMMA 5, Stav 'Crazy Bear' Economou (10-1-1) will take on world-famous Bob 'The Beast' Sapp (11-6-1) in a largely unexpected, albeit highly intriguing main event. For TSG's Economou, the fact the bout is going to happen has not quite hit home, but he is predicting 'fireworks!'

A couple of tasty tidbits:

"Preparations are going well, and I'm starting to step it up now," he revealed. "I don't see the fight going past the first round, but I always work hard on my cardio, so regardless of which round it ends, I'll be fit for it. In terms of how it's going to finish, I'm not predicting anything but I'm sure there's going to be fireworks!"

Back in May, Stav took on Neil Grove, taking the 'Goliath' to a controversial draw in a bout many believe the 'Crazy Bear' won. Economou admits he thought the decision was incorrect.

"Anyone who saw my reaction when the official result was announced knows that I felt it wasn't a fair result," he said. "I didn't think it was a fair result then, and I still don't, but it's over now. Me and Neil have both moved on to bigger things."

Check out the full piece here: http://britmma.co.uk/#/stav-economou-im-preparing/4544843580

Archived