Carlos Condit: A Threat to GSP's reign?

pacon2caraperez

I gotta admit, I never would've expected in a million years that Condit was gonna KO Hardy. I mean that to me was unbelievable. I thought Hardy for sure was going to win that fight. But after seeing Condit knock him out in the fashin he did and seeing how much trouble GSP had against Hardy I can't help but think to myself...is Condit the one that will put an end to GSP's reign as WW champ?

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure GSP prolly could've KO'd Hardy in the same fashion that Condit did. But GSP was fighting smart and didn't want to take the fight in a place where he knew he could potentially lose. But the thing with Condit is that unlike all of GSP's other opponents...Condit is extremly well rounded. Good on the feet and good on the ground. So I wonder if Condit ever gets that title shot, how will GSP fight him?

I thought Hardy was gonna win too. I was in total shock he got ko'ed. However, like most will say, no one is likely to put a stop to GSP's WW reign as champ except retirement or death. We will need to see Condit fight some more. If he continues to ko his opponents look for GSP to take him down and GnP his face or sub him. Who knows, Koscheck is fighting him next. After that he will hopefully fight Fitch again, he deserves it. Then the winner of the Shields/Kampmann fight is likely close to the title as well. It may be a while for Condit even if he keeps winning but it certainly wouldn't be a bad fight.

So you equate beating the most overrated turd on the planet with being a threat to GSP? You seriously said that GSP had trouble with Hardy? Jeezus, you're an idiot. Bottom ****ing line, Condit isn't on GSP's level, in any aspect of MMA. I like Condit, but he's not a strong enough Wrestler, or excellent off of his back and both would severely damage his chances against GSP. Let's face it, GSP wouldn't stand there and let himself get punched in the face like the overrated joke did.

So you equate beating the most overrated turd on the planet with being a threat to GSP? You seriously said that GSP had trouble with Hardy? Jeezus' date=' you're an idiot. Bottom ****ing line, Condit isn't on GSP's level, in any aspect of MMA. I like Condit, but he's not a strong enough Wrestler, or excellent off of his back and both would severely damage his chances against GSP. Let's face it, GSP wouldn't stand there and let himself get punched in the face like the overrated joke did.[/quote']

First of all, you need to take a chill pill and calm the hell down. Cause I don't think I said anything to deserve being insulted. Just expressin my opinion on the matter.

Second of all, if GSP didn't have trouble with Hardy, why wasn't he able to finish him off? GSP had trouble with Alves, Fitch, and Hardy not in the sense that they beat him up or gave him a run for his money. But in the sense that he couldn't finish them off. That's the trouble I was referring to.

Third of all, I'm not a GSP hater. In fact GSP's my favorite UFC fighter. And so I know that he goes into a fight and fights where he feels as though his opponent is weakest. So I know he didn't trade with Hardy cause he knew there was a chance that he could be KO'd there. But even though I'm pretty sure that GSP could've done the same to Hardy, the fact that in 5 rounds he couldn't finish the dude and in one round Condit did...it just makes me wonder. That's all. Again no need to be childish and immature and start insultin people just cause they have different opinion.

First of all' date=' you need to take a chill pill and calm the hell down. Cause I don't think I said anything to deserve being insulted. Just expressin my opinion on the matter.

Second of all, if GSP didn't have trouble with Hardy, why wasn't he able to finish him off? GSP had trouble with Alves, Fitch, and Hardy not in the sense that they beat him up or gave him a run for his money. But in the sense that he couldn't finish them off. That's the trouble I was referring to.

Third of all, I'm not a GSP hater. In fact GSP's my favorite UFC fighter. And so I know that he goes into a fight and fights where he feels as though his opponent is weakest. So I know he didn't trade with Hardy cause he knew there was a chance that he could be KO'd there. But even though I'm pretty sure that GSP could've done the same to Hardy, the fact that in 5 rounds he couldn't finish the dude and in one round Condit did...it just makes me wonder. That's all. Again no need to be childish and immature and start insultin people just cause they have different opinion.[/quote']

First off, you opinion is ****ing retarded. Answer my question, how does beating Hardy mean he's on GSP's level? Let's break this down. GSP has a 5 round, complete dominance over Hardly. Condit had a flash KO. Let's face it, Condit/Hardy was pretty much 50/50 until the KO. GSP/Hardy was a one sided dominance from first bell to final. Explain how a flash KO over a guy that was thoroughly dominated by GSP means he's ready for GSP? Until then, I will continue to call you an idiot, you idiot.

So you equate beating the most overrated turd on the planet with being a threat to GSP? You seriously said that GSP had trouble with Hardy? Jeezus' date=' you're an idiot. Bottom ****ing line, Condit isn't on GSP's level, in any aspect of MMA. I like Condit, but he's not a strong enough Wrestler, or excellent off of his back and both would severely damage his chances against GSP. Let's face it, GSP wouldn't stand there and let himself get punched in the face like the overrated joke did.[/quote']

You are right GSP would not just stand there and let himself get punched in the face. He would tap just like he did against Matt Serra. GSP does have couple of threats to his reign, Koscheck is not one of them. GSP will have no trouble beating him. Shields and Condit do pose a threat to him. And Fitch is still out there and even though GSP dominated him last time doesn't mean that Fitch doesn't still have a chance. I like GSP, he is the best strategist in the game, however he is not the best fighter.

wow nerd rage? upset someone Insinuated GSP is beatable...

You are right GSP would not just stand there and let himself get punched in the face. He would tap just like he did against Matt Serra. GSP does have couple of threats to his reign' date=' Koscheck is not one of them. GSP will have no trouble beating him. Shields and Condit do pose a threat to him. And Fitch is still out there and even though GSP dominated him last time doesn't mean that Fitch doesn't still have a chance. I like GSP, he is the best strategist in the game, however he is not the best fighter.[/quote']

What is it with all of you retarded saying GSP isn't the best fighter? Being a dominant champ in the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship means he's not a fighter? Why don't you ask Fitch, or Alves if GSP is a great fighter. Better yet, instead of asking anybody anything, how bout you play one man Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun, you idiot.

What is it with all of you retarded saying GSP isn't the best fighter? Being a dominant champ in the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship means he's not a fighter? Why don't you ask Fitch' date=' or Alves if GSP is a great fighter. Better yet, instead of asking anybody anything, how bout you play one man Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun, you idiot.[/quote']

There are a lot of people who don't see things your way. And if your way of thinking was so great don't you think we would look at what you post and say wow that guy is right, I should think like him. But yet we don't because maybe the way you think isn't that great. GSP is not the best fighter, he is the best strategist like I said before. The best fighters finish their opponents not just control them for five rounds. He is the best at controlling his opponents and the times he did finish his opponents, like Hughes and Penn, there was questionable circumstances attached. What does that tell you?

First off' date=' you opinion is ****ing retarded. Answer my question, how does beating Hardy mean he's on GSP's level? Let's break this down. GSP has a 5 round, complete dominance over Hardly. Condit had a flash KO. Let's face it, Condit/Hardy was pretty much 50/50 until the KO. GSP/Hardy was a one sided dominance from first bell to final. Explain how a flash KO over a guy that was thoroughly dominated by GSP means he's ready for GSP? Until then, I will continue to call you an idiot, you idiot.[/quote']

man everytime i see this guy on this forum hes always throwing insults out at everyone, what a prick

man everytime i see this guy on this forum hes always throwing insults out at everyone' date=' what a prick[/quote']

Yeah he seems to be one of those guys who are convinced they know everything about MMA and nobody else does. But how does anyone know everything about something that is still evolving? He has nothing but insults to post because his ego is unwilling to accept the fact that he doesn't know everything about MMA.

Personally, I absolutely LOVE Condit's fighting style - he's very entertaining, well-rounded, etc. It is no surprise that he beat Hardy, who in my opinion is incredibly over-rated and obviously one-dimensional. Hardy would have been equally dominated by and of the WW contenders - Fitch, Kos, etc...

And if Condit didn't KO Hardy on the feet, he would have subbed him from the ground later in the fight - Condit's ground game is nasty - as is his chin, which we saw in the Rory MacDonald fight (Rory is a PHENOM btw... not some can... I think he would demolish Hardy too, and he will undoubtedly hold the WW title at some point in the future)

Now on to GSP (who I personally can't stand, but I can look at this objectively)... I think this would be a wildly entertaining fight, but GSP is likely too big and strong for Condit - couple that with better wrestling and more experience, and I think that would equal a 5 round GSP decision. That being said, I think Condit COULD win... and I don't think there was ANY CHANCE that Hardy could have won... I could see a scenario where Condit could win via sub from his back - not likely, but possible. (That being said, I think Kos has a better chance vs. GSP due to his wrestling skill - maybe 35%? when Condit would have maybe a 20% chance?)

Thoughts?

**** you ******. You're overestimating him. I like Condit' date=' but I'm not retarded enough to think that beating Hardy means he's on GSP's level. You should hang yourself retard.[/quote']

I hope you get banned, just discuss the thread and stop insulting people, what are you, 12 years old??

First off' date=' you opinion is ****ing retarded. Answer my question, how does beating Hardy mean he's on GSP's level? Let's break this down. GSP has a 5 round, complete dominance over Hardly. Condit had a flash KO. Let's face it, Condit/Hardy was pretty much 50/50 until the KO. GSP/Hardy was a one sided dominance from first bell to final. Explain how a flash KO over a guy that was thoroughly dominated by GSP means he's ready for GSP? Until then, I will continue to call you an idiot, you idiot.[/quote']

Again, I come to the same point I said before. Condit finished Hardy...and GSP didn't. Hardy may be over rated, but he still fought against the champ and not even the champ could finish him. So finishing a dude that not even the champ could put away...that's a big statement anyway you look at it. Quite personally, I'm pretty sure GSP can still beat Condit. But I can't overlook the fact that he has a good chance at beating the champ based on his performance against a guy that not even the champ could finish off. It prolly won't happen anytime soon because they're from the same camp. But...who know's? Dana is starting to get over that whole buddies don't fight rule, so it could potentially happen one day.

Now you clearly are in denial of these facts and want to continue licking GSP's balls like the peanut butter licking mutt that you are. So obviously I'm done discussing things with the likes of a true immature idiot like yourself. You don't got anything positive or mature to say, then stfu. I mean dang, I'm a big GSP fan. But you clearly have a man crush and can't handle how people talk negatively of him.

I personally think it would be a very exciting fight to watch. Condit is a very well rounded fighter and GSP is great at picking out peoples weaknesses and turning them to his advantage. However, I wonder how he will fair against Condit who many see as having few weaknesses in his game. I dont believe Condit is as good as GSP but I do see GSP having trouble with his normal tactical gameplan agaisnt someone at Condits level.

After Jake Shields beats Kampman' date=' he and Condit can battle for # 2 contender.[/quote']

This is a great idea but will never happen.

The real question isnt whether or not Condit is a threat but whether or not the UFC can hype him as a threat...

With him being a former champ and with his ko of Hardy the answer is obviously yes.

They wont risk future ppv numbers by having Shields and Condit fight, they will both get their title shots next year. (Same reason Cain and Dos Santos have been kept seperated)

First of all I think Condit/GSP could be a great fight. So could any other fight against any other WW in the UFC if things go right for the challenger and very very poorly for the champ. On a typical night there is no current WW who can beat GSP, period. He is on another level skillswise. I am looking forward to the day when someone (hopefully Kos) has a great night stuffing TD's and forces GSP to stand so we can appreciate once again how devastating he can be on his feet.

I gotta admit' date=' I never would've expected in a million years that Condit was gonna KO Hardy. I mean that to me was unbelievable. I thought Hardy for sure was going to win that fight. But after seeing Condit knock him out in the fashin he did and seeing how much trouble GSP had against Hardy I can't help but think to myself...is Condit the one that will put an end to GSP's reign as WW champ?

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure GSP prolly could've KO'd Hardy in the same fashion that Condit did. But GSP was fighting smart and didn't want to take the fight in a place where he knew he could potentially lose. But the thing with Condit is that unlike all of GSP's other opponents...Condit is extremly well rounded. Good on the feet and good on the ground. So I wonder if Condit ever gets that title shot, how will GSP fight him?[/quote']

Condit is absolutely a threat to GSP.

But not to Shields.

Again' date=' I come to the same point I said before. Condit finished Hardy...and GSP didn't. Hardy may be over rated, but he still fought against the champ and not even the champ could finish him. So finishing a dude that not even the champ could put away...that's a big statement anyway you look at it. Quite personally, I'm pretty sure GSP can still beat Condit. But I can't overlook the fact that he has a good chance at beating the champ based on his performance against a guy that not even the champ could finish off. It prolly won't happen anytime soon because they're from the same camp. But...who know's? Dana is starting to get over that whole buddies don't fight rule, so it could potentially happen one day.

Now you clearly are in denial of these facts and want to continue licking GSP's balls like the peanut butter licking mutt that you are. So obviously I'm done discussing things with the likes of a true immature idiot like yourself. You don't got anything positive or mature to say, then stfu. I mean dang, I'm a big GSP fan. But you clearly have a man crush and can't handle how people talk negatively of him.[/quote']

The only problem with this is you are using MMAth to justify why Condit could beat GSP. Fitch stopped Alves and GSP didn't but look at how Fitch did against GSP.

You can make a case about Condit's KO of Hardy showing he is well rounded as opposed to the somewhat one trick ponies in Fitch,Alves and Hardy as a reason he could give GSP trouble. But using he stopped Hardy and GSP didn't isn't the most solid reasoning.

The only problem with this is you are using MMAth to justify why Condit could beat GSP. Fitch stopped Alves and GSP didn't but look at how Fitch did against GSP.

You can make a case about Condit's KO of Hardy showing he is well rounded as opposed to the somewhat one trick ponies in Fitch' date='Alves and Hardy as a reason he could give GSP trouble. But using he stopped Hardy and GSP didn't isn't the most solid reasoning.[/quote']

Those are all actually very valid points. I didn't take into consideration the fight with Alves and Fitch. In any case, as I said before, I'm still pretty sure GSP would beat Condit. But maybe with time we'll see how things go. Ya never know what's gonna happen in a MMA fight.

After Jake Shields beats Kampman' date=' he and Condit can battle for # 2 contender.[/quote']

to keep this WW division fresh....Shields and Condit shouldn't fight again until one fights GSP...this division needs new challenges for GSP, i don't think to new challenges should knock each other off....

if Shields beats Kampmann he should get the title shot (assuming GSP beats Kos)...and Condit should fight once more for the #1 contender spot...Condit vs. Fitch for #1 contender (assuming GSP and Shields win)...

Condit is just a different fighter with a different skill set. He likes to fight more aggressive. Hardy is a arrogant ****y sob who just stands and bangs. When the only punch you have to look out for is a left hook, It makes your job much easier. That being said I do not believe he could beat Pierre. Pierre is way to strong for nearly any man in the ww division. Although they both are very well rounded and they are two of my favorites, i got Pierre via tko.

Condit is just a different fighter with a different skill set. He likes to fight more aggressive. Hardy is a arrogant ****y sob who just stands and bangs. When the only punch you have to look out for is a left hook' date=' It makes your job much easier. That being said I do not believe he could beat Pierre. Pierre is way to strong for nearly any man in the ww division. Although they both are very well rounded and they are two of my favorites, i got Pierre via tko.[/quote']

So GSP will be the first guy to (t)ko Condit? Is it his impressive string of finishes and ko's that leads you to believe this or do you really not know jack about either fighter?

I gotta admit' date=' I never would've expected in a million years that Condit was gonna KO Hardy. I mean that to me was unbelievable. I thought Hardy for sure was going to win that fight. But after seeing Condit knock him out in the fashin he did and seeing how much trouble GSP had against Hardy I can't help but think to myself...is Condit the one that will put an end to GSP's reign as WW champ?

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure GSP prolly could've KO'd Hardy in the same fashion that Condit did. But GSP was fighting smart and didn't want to take the fight in a place where he knew he could potentially lose. But the thing with Condit is that unlike all of GSP's other opponents...Condit is extremly well rounded. Good on the feet and good on the ground. So I wonder if Condit ever gets that title shot, how will GSP fight him?[/quote']

Its fighting safe not fighting smart, Gsp says so himself.

Kill yourself you illegal immigrant. FLASH KO! 5 ROUND DOMINANCE!!! Can you not see the ****ing difference? Stupid little border monkey. Anybody can land 1 punch to win any fight. It is far more difficult to completely outclass an opponent for 25 minutes. You retard. Please tell me you are sterile because we definitely don't need any little you's running around' date=' you waste of life.[/quote']

e-thug1.jpg

Condit looked great against Hardy. I think Hardy overlooked Condit on top of that. Condit still needs one or maybe two big wins before he is ready for GSP. I would think if Condit can take out Alves, Fitch, Shields, or Kampmann he should jump up very close to title contention. If he beats the right people, there is no reason why he shouldn't pose a threat to GSP.

Its fighting safe not fighting smart' date=' Gsp says so himself.[/quote']

Which of course you love to take out of context of the entire statement. you should be working for Fox news.

"I'm fighting safe," St-Pierre admitted. "Every time I step into the octagon, my life is in jeopardy. For me, it's more important to not get hit than to hit the guy. I will never fight in a way [in which] I fight like I flip a coin.

"I never took risks. The only fight I took a risk was when I fought Matt Serra, and I went in a stupid exchange, and it was not smart. I got caught; Serra beat me fair and square, and he deserved the victory that night. But it taught me a good lesson, and I don't want it to happen again."

St-Pierre said playing it safe also applies to his stand-up skills in a fight.

"When I'm standing up, I hit the guy, (and) I pick my angle, and I'm smart," he said. "I'm not afraid to say it: I'm not a brawler, and I'm not a coward. I'm not going to trade punch one-for-one with a guy. I'm going to hit the guy and not get hit. That's a smart way to fight."

"I don't fight like an idiot," St-Pierre said. "That's what defines me. I'm (not the) champion because I'm the strongest guy in the division. It's not because I'm the fastest guy. I'm not the best grappler. I'm not the best striker. I'm not the best wrestler. But why I'm champion is because I fight smart every single fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19283/ufc-champ-georges-st-pierre-i-fight-safe-and-im-not-going-to-hide-it.mma

Your inability to get over GSP beating the piss out of Penn is just as funny for me.

Sure GSP did, but what i found odd is that Penn being a Jiu jitsu world champion could not hold GSP in his guard, but Dan Hardy who is a pure striker took little too no damage on the ground from GSP. Explain that. Can you say Grease?

Kill yourself you illegal immigrant. FLASH KO! 5 ROUND DOMINANCE!!! Can you not see the ****ing difference? Stupid little border monkey. Anybody can land 1 punch to win any fight. It is far more difficult to completely outclass an opponent for 25 minutes. You retard. Please tell me you are sterile because we definitely don't need any little you's running around' date=' you waste of life.[/quote']

lol wow, that's so original. Once again another cliche mexican joke when I'm not even mexican. Show's how much you know you stupid sob.

And I'm no racist, so I won't dare to stoop down to you're level of immaturity. But I will say this. What's this obsession you have with monkeys? You're name is Monkey, calling me a border money? What? You mad cause you got sodomized and raped by a **** eyed chimpanzee at the zoo when you were a kid or something? Clearly you're nothing but a GSP pube smelling sister sodomizing ricahrd simmons balls smelling **** sucker who's got issues dude.

I don't see how a pathetic excuse for a human being like yourself even has the right to post on here with all the trash you keep talking. Someone has a different opinion then you and you have an episode. I mean really dude, get some freakin therapy. I don't know what you're parents were on when they decided to give birth to you. Don't be mad at me cause they didn't give you up for adoption or cause you're a 40 year old virgin.

Archived