Who next for Bisping?

MattWigman

does it really matter?? like foreal everyone keeps posting this he is NEVER going to be the champion...Give him anyone really who cares if he fights a top 5 guy he will lose

I concur....Henderson,....an old Wanderlei. When he gets in there with top flight (Akyama is not that, sorry folks) competition he folds. I have no personal problem or beef with him, not like the thousands of users here who claim they could kick his ***. Its just that in the middleweight division, you need power to be succesful amongst many other things and Im convinced that Dominick Cruz or Faber hit 5 times as hard as he does... Akyama was completely gased in that 3rd round leaivng his bobbing head open SO many times and Bisping kept going to that stupid one-two that couldnt knock out his own kid. Sure he has great cardio, decent movement and an alright ground game, but lets be realistic, put him in with marquardt, okami, belfort, sonnen, silva, and he loses emphatically.

I concur....Henderson' date='....an old Wanderlei. When he gets in there with top flight (Akyama is not that, sorry folks) competition he folds. I have no personal problem or beef with him, not like the thousands of users here who claim they could kick his ***. Its just that in the middleweight division, you need power to be succesful amongst many other things and Im convinced that Dominick Cruz or Faber hit 5 times as hard as he does... Akyama was completely gased in that 3rd round leaivng his bobbing head open SO many times and Bisping kept going to that stupid one-two that couldnt knock out his own kid. Sure he has great cardio, decent movement and an alright ground game, but lets be realistic, put him in with marquardt, okami, belfort, sonnen, silva, and he loses emphatically.[/quote']

This ^^^^

yeah that sounds about right.

I think in the interests of getting Bisping to a title shot, Maia is his way in. Marquardt, Sonnen (I know...), Belfort, Palhares would all beat the count IMO.

Maia is the UFC's 'credible' way to hype a title shot for him, and I think the Count could 'Anderson' his way to victory.

Then when he loses, a war of words and fight with Sonnen sometime next year.

Bisping can't beat Sonnen' date=' Marquardt, [b']Maia[/b], Silva, Belfort, Wanderlei, does it matter who he faces? Perennial mid carder/ Free for tv event in England headliner.

Bisping has good tdd so I wouldn't completely count him out against Sonnen.

I do believe he would be able to UD Maia. Due to his tdd

And Wand is 50/50 he came real close last time, so who knows.

I concur....Henderson' date='....an old Wanderlei. When he gets in there with top flight (Akyama is not that, sorry folks) competition he folds. I have no personal problem or beef with him, not like the thousands of users here who claim they could kick his ***. Its just that in the middleweight division, you need power to be succesful amongst many other things and Im convinced that Dominick Cruz or Faber hit 5 times as hard as he does... Akyama was completely gased in that 3rd round leaivng his bobbing head open SO many times and Bisping kept going to that stupid one-two that couldnt knock out his own kid. Sure he has great cardio, decent movement and an alright ground game, but lets be realistic, put him in with marquardt, okami, belfort, sonnen, silva, and he loses emphatically.[/quote']

this

Bisping has good tdd so I wouldn't completely count him out against Sonnen.

I do believe he would be able to UD Maia. Due to his tdd

And Wand is 50/50 he came real close last time' date=' so who knows.[/quote']

Yeah, after typing that I also figured he could get a UD on Maia, the rest I stand by.

Mike wants to fight the best' date=' and he said in the post fight press conference he wants to push for the title. Who do you think he should fight next?[/quote']

Bisping is a kind of guy that GOT IN UFC FOR ACCIDENT ... THE GUY CAAAAANT KO, CAAANT SUB ... he can only win by UD/SD ... and he is not the only one out there at the same situation ...

If you ask me why in Brazil we have some many good fighters I will explain why and you will understand right then why we have Bisping, Aki,

If Maia wins his next fight I think it'd be a very interesting match up. Bisping outpointed Miller on the feet, but Maia also did that a few months before. It's hard to tell how it'd go as Bisping'sstand-up seems consistently the same, but Maia could easily have bigger improvements. Bisping only wins by decision, depending on if he can beat up Maia in the stand-up.

Maia wins this if he gets it to the ground, but he could also outpoint the count. I'm a Maia fan so i think if he wins against Grove he should get Bisping.

Not gonna say for sure who would win but i say the first round will determine it. Maia loses all confidence in takedowns if he gets beat up a bit (anderson fight), so if bisping has a strong first i say him ftw.

But i want Maia to rip his arm off :)

Bisping wants to make a push for the title, sure. Watch, his next fight will be against a nobody that is on his way out. I mean, come on, those are the only kind of fighters Pissping has ever beat convincingly. Let's look at his TKO's. Josh Haynes, does he even fight anymore? Eric Shafer, who immediately lost to Bonnar and was cut. Elvis Sinosic, 8 - 12, nuff said. Charles McCarthy, who actually broke his own arm blocking, doesn't count. Jason Day, who immediately lost to Grove and was cut. Denis Kang, immediately cut after going 1-2 in the UFC. Watch, Bisping will probably beat Chris Camozzi or Goran Reljic and Shady and his bf TTT will both go crazy saying that that makes him the number 1 contender. What a joke.

If Bisping got matched up with any of the following people (no particular order), I would predict Bisping would lose.

-Silva

-Sonnen

-Belfort

-Marquardt

-Belcher

-Munoz

-Okami

-Grove

-Leben

-Maia

-Palhares

-Wandy

...and arguably a couple more. I don't like Bisping, but that's the honest truth. I don't think he would beat any of those people. And yes, I put Leben on that list even though he already beat him. I wouldn't exactly rank Bisping as a contender right now. At all.

If Bisping got matched up with any of the following people (no particular order)' date=' I would predict Bisping would lose.

-Silva

-Sonnen

-Belfort

-Marquardt

-Belcher

-Munoz

-Okami

-Grove

-Leben

-Maia

-Palhares

-Wandy

...and arguably a couple more. I don't like Bisping, but that's the honest truth. I don't think he would beat any of those people. And yes, I put Leben on that list even though he already beat him. I wouldn't exactly rank Bisping as a contender right now. At all.[/quote']

you actual moron, go away ad then come back with actual reasonable discussion, bisping is 1 fight from a title shot. THE MICHAEL BISPING SHOW CONTINUES, BARMY ARMY, BARMY ARMY

you actual moron' date=' go away ad then come back with actual reasonable discussion, bisping is 1 fight from a title shot. THE MICHAEL BISPING SHOW CONTINUES, BARMY ARMY, BARMY ARMY[/quote']

I know you don't like that last post, but he honest truth is; most people in these forums probably agree. And you can't legitimately discount at least 75% of those people. Let's be real. Stop dangling from the ******* and be realistic.

you actual moron' date=' go away ad then come back with actual reasonable discussion, bisping is 1 fight from a title shot. THE MICHAEL BISPING SHOW CONTINUES, BARMY ARMY, BARMY ARMY[/quote']

by your logic, if Bisping is one fight away from a title shot, what does that mean for Leben?

Leben = 3 fight win streak (1 decision, 2 finishes, One of which was KO of the night and the other as FOTN, His most recent Win was Akiyama who was also coming off a win)

Bisping: 2 Fight Win streak. (2 decisions, One was FOTN, and most recent win over Akiyama who just came over the Leben loss)

See what I'm getting at here? Leben is WAY closer to a title shot than Bisping, and They put him against Brian Stann. If Leben is still low enough to have to fight Stann, Bisping is at minimum 2 fights away from a title shot.

If Bisping got matched up with any of the following people (no particular order)' date=' I would predict Bisping would lose.

-Silva

-Sonnen

-Belfort

-Marquardt

-Belcher

-Munoz

-Okami

-Grove

-Leben

-Maia

-Palhares

-Wandy

...and arguably a couple more. I don't like Bisping, but that's the honest truth. I don't think he would beat any of those people. And yes, I put Leben on that list even though he already beat him. I wouldn't exactly rank Bisping as a contender right now. At all.

The ones in red i would agree he would lose

by your logic' date=' if Bisping is one fight away from a title shot, what does that mean for Leben?

Leben = 3 fight win streak (1 decision, 2 finishes, One of which was KO of the night and the other as FOTN, His most recent Win was Akiyama who was also coming off a win)

Bisping: 2 Fight Win streak. (2 decisions, One was FOTN, and most recent win over Akiyama who just came over the Leben loss)

See what I'm getting at here? Leben is WAY closer to a title shot than Bisping, and They put him against Brian Stann. If Leben is still low enough to have to fight Stann, Bisping is at minimum 2 fights away from a title shot.[/quote']

i agree with you but id say at least 4 winning fights away lol

Maia.

This... Well, the winner of Maia vs. Grove... Which will be Maia.

Styles make fights, and Bisping has the perfect skill set to keep Maia on the feet, and I think they have equal stand-up. Maia's stand-up is so sadly underrated.

It'd be a stand-up war, and I'd like to see it, AND a win like that for Bisping would shoot him into the title picture.

I don't mind Bisping the same way I used to because he has a lot of heart, and a lot of charisma. I understand that this guy will do anything to become the best fighter; the question is: If he fulfills his potential optimally, can he be the champion (past simply winning the belt) ?

In other words: will he EVER be able to win the belt AND defend his title AT LEAST ONCE ?

Unfortunately for those who are big, big fans of his, he cannot..... IMO

That being frankly stated, I really do have a new-found admiration for Michael Bisping and I will cheer for him against certain opponents.

Bisping getting saved by the bell multiple times = close LOL

i_cfc.jpg

Yeah he was saved but he was winning the round and Wand would come with a last 10 second flurry.I'm not saying he'd win for sure' date=' but I do think it would be close.

by your logic, if Bisping is one fight away from a title shot, what does that mean for Leben?

See what I'm getting at here? Leben is WAY closer to a title shot than Bisping, and They put him against Brian Stann. If Leben is still low enough to have to fight Stann, Bisping is at minimum 2 fights away from a title shot.

Leben beat Jay Silva (He's been cut since then) Aaron Simpson(So what) And Akiyama. Before that he was on a 2 fight losing streak with losses to Jake Rosholt and Michael Bisping.

Bisping on the other hand has beaten Dan Miller and Akiyama. I do believe Bisping is 2 fights away from a title shot. His next fight should be Maia and then maybe the winner of Okami/Marquardt. Which he'll probably lose.

Leben IMO is 2 maybe 3 fights away. I would say give a shot to the winner of Nate and Yushin, but Silva is out until February so the division shouldn't stay on hold. Look how crappy it's been with the LHW division.

Yeah he was saved but he was winning the round and Wand would come with a last 10 second flurry.I'm not saying he'd win for sure' date=' but I do think it would be close.

Leben beat Jay Silva (He's been cut since then) Aaron Simpson(So what) And Akiyama. Before that he was on a 2 fight losing streak with losses to Jake Rosholt and Michael Bisping.

Bisping on the other hand has beaten Dan Miller and Akiyama. I do believe Bisping is 2 fights away from a title shot. His next fight should be Maia and then maybe the winner of Okami/Marquardt. Which he'll probably lose.

Leben IMO is 2 maybe 3 fights away. I would say give a shot to the winner of Nate and Yushin, but Silva is out until February so the division shouldn't stay on hold. Look how crappy it's been with the LHW division.[/quote']

You say that like Dan Miller is so much more credible of an opponent. Bisping hasn't beaten anyone good either. Leben at least has 3 wins to Bispings two.

34 is not old... Lesnars 33 and he's the ****ing champ

Archived