I need help with my car!!

TheFedornator

Ok, so i drive a 1995 BMW 318i, and it keeps overheating on me! its not the water pump, its not the thermostat, i just got a new radiator, and a new fan clutch, what the hell can be making my car overheat!? PLEASE HELP!! heres a picture of my engine:

]pic4.jpg

i've noticed that only the hose on the right seems to be pumping any water, whats going on?

I havent worked on anything German since my VW which was a pain in the ***....this is the best thing i could find on flushing the coolant' date=' go to the bottom and make sure you keep a very close eye for air bubbles

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/E36-Coolant_Flush/E36-Coolant-Flush.htm[/quote']

thanks for the link

ok' date=' so there isnt any white smoke coming from the exhaust, everything seems to be running fine, it just seems ike the water is circulating like its suppossed to, i started the engine and removed the radiator cap and after a few minutes bubbles began to come out, does that mean i have air locks?[/quote']

maybe ... make sure the radiator and overflow tank are full... then let it run until there are no more bubbles and refill the radiator.

someone feel free to stop me if I'm steering him in the wrong direction

turn on your heater when u drive

This' date=' sorta. run your car in the driveway til it gets warm (not hot), then remove your radiator cap, and turn on your heater full blast, once the water in your radiator disappears slowly refill it and keep everything running until you can see water circulating through the radiator. Close your radiator before turnng off your engine and you are chock full.

To check for head gasket damage is simple. Check your dipstick and the inside of your oil cap for any milky colored tarry type substance or white foamy bubbles. Also while you are filling your water and you see it circulating look for any milky oily looking water or a buildup of foam that will have oil on it. any of those signs and I suggest getting a tube of [i']Liquid Glass[/i] from the part store, running it, and selling the beamer!

ok so i bled the cooling system and then i let the engine cool' date=' when it was done coolin i turned it on again and went out for a drive, i drove at least 2.5-3 miles and the thermostat on the dash board said it was at the exact middle of being hot and being cold, does that mean my car is fine now?[/quote']

i mean that is where the gauge should be...Youll know for sure when you take a longer drive.

ok so i bled the cooling system and then i let the engine cool' date=' when it was done coolin i turned it on again and went out for a drive, i drove at least 2.5-3 miles and the thermostat on the dash board said it was at the exact middle of being hot and being cold, does that mean my car is fine now?[/quote']

If you are continuing to have problems I suggest getting a dial temperature gauge. 210 and lower and you are good! much easier to know for sure. they are pretty easily installed.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

It could also be your heater core. It needs to be flushed every so often or they completely clog up and won't allow circulation. If your car is still having problems after everything else you have tried I'd suggest having it flushed. If it is completely clogged, flushing it will not work and it will need to be replaced.

Archived