Don't count him out..

DKF

Cain Velasquez has a big chance of upsetting Brock Lesnar, I believe he is one of three men in the UFC that can beat him.

Things going for Cain:

- Better striking

- Better Cardio

- More Experience

- Quicker

- Brock has never been able to take another college wrestler down

- Cain has the same caliber wrestling as Lesnar, being as they wrestled around the same time and had very similar records

Things going against Cain:

- Size

- Strength

Some people are counting Cain out when he might very well be the man with the tools to take Lesnar out. Cain has wrestling, striking, cardio, and speed as his major weapons. Carwin just has wrestling and power as weapons, and you see how good he did.

While Lesnar's striking is poor and lackluster at best, cardio don't mean s**t when you're thrown on your back, either once for 5 minutes, or over and over. Cain better have practiced his Kimuras and Triangle Chokes if he think's he can win off his back. Brock has never been able to take another college wrestler down So Carwin's NCAA Division 2 Wrestling doesn't count as being a college wrestler? A 105-6 record is close to a 86-17 record? (Not sure if those are the EXACT numbers, but I'm pretty sure they're darn close)

While Lesnar's striking is poor and lackluster at best' date=' cardio don't mean s**t when you're thrown on your back, either once for 5 minutes, or over and over. Cain better have practiced his Kimuras and Triangle Chokes if he think's he can win off his back. [b']Brock has never been able to take another college wrestler down[/b] So Carwin's NCAA Division 2 Wrestling doesn't count as being a college wrestler? A 105-6 record is close to a 86-17 record? (Not sure if those are the EXACT numbers, but I'm pretty sure they're darn close)

He couldn't take Carwin down before Carwin had gassed from beating the hell out of him.

Actually they both did two years of junior college. I was speaking of their NCAA D1 wrestling records being close.

Ignorant/Arrogant Haters gonna hate.

Cains cardio is amazing he has fought 3 rounds all in one fight who else have done that

He's actually had certain chemical levels in his blood tested, and his muscles fill with lactic acid much slower than the average fighter. Not to mention he is one of the highest paced, most relentless fighters I have ever watched.

He couldn't take Carwin down before Carwin had gassed from beating the hell out of him.

Actually they both did two years of junior college. I was speaking of their NCAA D1 wrestling records being close.

And would you care to actually post some evidence' date=' i.e. [b']their college records?[/b] I might be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that Lesnar was 106-5 and Velasquez was 86-17. Am I wrong? Who knows, but you'll say that I am just because you can. Carwin had a whole minute to recover from gassing in r1.

And would you care to actually post some evidence' date=' i.e. [b']their college records?[/b] I might be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that Lesnar was 106-5 and Velasquez was 86-17. Am I wrong? Who knows, but you'll say that I am just because you can. Carwin had a whole minute to recover from gassing in r1.

ok, you go throw the biggest hardest punches you have for 3.5 minutes , then sit down for a minute, and try to defend brock lesnar's takedown

Brock could lose muscle and gain fat and still beat Cain, Brock could cut form 300 pounds and still pound Cains face in, Brock could get down to 235 pounds and still smash Cain,

Brock could tie one hand behind his back, spin in a circle 30 times, drink 3 coronas before the fight, bang his wife, and fight blind folded and guess who will win? Brock Lesnar.

Brock could lose muscle and gain fat and still beat Cain' date=' Brock could cut form 300 pounds and still pound Cains face in, Brock could get down to 235 pounds and still smash Cain,

Brock could tie one hand behind his back, spin in a circle 30 times, drink 3 coronas before the fight, bang his wife, and fight blind folded and guess who will win? Brock Lesnar.[/quote']

We aren't talking about Chuck Norris

Personally i think Cain will be able to take Brock down at will....Rothwell is a bigger guy then Cain, and Cain threw him around like a rag doll, where as Brock had problems with a 220lb Couture in the wrestling department... I think Cain will let Brock think he is going to try and knock him out on the feet and then shoot for the takedown. I predict 2nd or 3rd round TKO win for Cain via ground and pound, the way Brock defeated Mir at ufc 100. Think about it Brock being the dominant wrestler that he is probably doesnt spend much time training to fight off his back...he probably trains wrestler friendly sub's (like he used against Carwin) and g'n'p from the top position so if Cain can put him on his back i think Cain will have a huge advantage there.

Brock could lose muscle and gain fat and still beat Cain' date=' Brock could cut form 300 pounds and still pound Cains face in, Brock could get down to 235 pounds and still smash Cain,

Brock could tie one hand behind his back, spin in a circle 30 times, drink 3 coronas before the fight, bang his wife, and fight blind folded and guess who will win? Brock Lesnar.[/quote']

You mind if I make this my Signature after Cain wins?

Cain Velasquez has a big chance of upsetting Brock Lesnar' date=' I believe he is one of three men in the UFC that can beat him.

[b']

Things going for Cain:[/b]

- Better striking

- Better Cardio

- More Experience

- Quicker

- Cain has the same caliber wrestling as Lesnar, being as they wrestled around the same time and had very similar records

- Size

- Strength

Some people are counting Cain out when he might very well be the man with the tools to take Lesnar out. Cain has wrestling, striking, cardio, and speed as his major weapons. Carwin just has wrestling and power as weapons, and you see how good he did.

The difference in the wrestling, Lesnar was a two-time NJCAA, 1998 NJCAA HW Champion, two-time NCAA All American, two-time Big Ten Conference champion, and the 2000 NCAA HW Champion (DIV 1). His record over 4 years was 106-5.

Velasquez was a one-time NJCAA champion, and his best two years following that were 5th and 4th place in 05 and 06 respectively, earning him two-time All American status. He compiled a record of 86-17.

Not as close as you try to make it seem, though both are obviously accomplished wreslters. They also wrestled nearly 6 years apart.

The bolded statement above is, by default, incorect. Tired, gassed, whatever you want to call it, Lesnar took down Carwin in their fight, and Carwin is an accomplished DIV collegiate wrestler.

Carwin holds alot better striking than you give him credit for, possibly having better technique, and certainly equal technique to Cain. He also possess much more power, and even that didn't stop Lesnar.

Though some are certianly not giving Cain the credit he may well deserve coming into this fight, I think you are doing the exact opposite.

Perhaps the biggest differnce, is that Lesnar is the champion, Velasquez is not. Don't forget that one.

- Cain has the same caliber wrestling as Lesnar' date=' being as they wrestled around the same time and had very similar records

[/quote']

Oh come on now.. what the ****..

Brock took down Randy Couture, an olympic level wrestler and controlled him with ease (a much better wrestler then Cain and really not that much smaller).

Brock was a former 2 time NCAA champion. Where are Cains NCAA championships?

This isn't to say Cain can't out wrestle Brock. MMA wrestling is different then just shooting it freestyle.

But when it comes to college wrestling Brock is far more impressive.

Oh come on now.. what the ****..

Brock took down Randy Couture' date=' an olympic level wrestler and controlled him with ease (a much better wrestler then Cain and really not that much smaller).

Brock was a former 2 time NCAA champion. Where are Cains NCAA championships?

This isn't to say Cain can't out wrestle Brock. MMA wrestling is different then just shooting it freestyle.

But when it comes to college wrestling Brock is far more impressive.[/quote']

He never got any real takedown against Couture, Couture was 70 lbs smaller and controlled Brock against the cage for the majority of the fight.

The point I was making is that cain and brock were both very accomplished ncaa wrestlers.. Brock winning A d1 national championship and Cain being a win away before being eliminated both years he spent at d1. They are on the same level of wrestling, Brock is nowhere near far more impressive. Brock has more impressive credentials, but not by very much.

no, it was just you refreshed my memory of all them little blind mma "fans" who claimed Shogun is overrated and will be destroyed by Machida, yet as soon as he smashed machida in the fight and in the rematch , about 1000 bandwagoneers of shogun (who likely never even seen any of his bouts prior to the machida fight) were born.

While Lesnar's striking is poor and lackluster at best' date=' cardio don't mean s**t when you're thrown on your back, either once for 5 minutes, or over and over. Cain better have practiced his Kimuras and Triangle Chokes if he think's he can win off his back. [b']Brock has never been able to take another college wrestler down[/b] So Carwin's NCAA Division 2 Wrestling doesn't count as being a college wrestler? A 105-6 record is close to a 86-17 record? (Not sure if those are the EXACT numbers, but I'm pretty sure they're darn close)

Brock couldnt take him down at full conditioning... He only manage to trip him when Carwin was gassed.

no' date=' it was just you refreshed my memory of all them little blind mma "fans" who claimed Shogun is overrated and will be destroyed by Machida, yet as soon as he smashed machida in the fight and in the rematch , about 1000 bandwagoneers of shogun (who likely never even seen any of his bouts prior to the machida fight) were born.[/quote']

Ooh..lol..Yeah, its hilarious.

I mean for someone as skilled and gifted as Shogun, and as proven against elite competition as Shogun was, to be completely counted out was crazy

Whatever, he proved them DEAD WRONG

I hope Cain can do the same

Wait, was Cain a Div 1 champ? As well why are saying he is arrogant when you make that statement? Brock took Carwin down, doesn't matter how or why, he did. Fact.

Wait' date=' was Cain a Div 1 champ? As well why are saying he is arrogant when you make that statement? Brock took Carwin down, doesn't matter how or why, he did. Fact.[/quote']

Cain was almost a d1 champ twice, and once again haters gonna hate...

I could've taken Carwin down in the state he was in, does that mean I'm a top caliber wrestler ? The man could barely stand, and he was wheezing like he had asthma or something.

Cain was almost a d1 champ twice' date=' and once again haters gonna hate...

I could've taken Carwin down in the state he was in, does that mean I'm a top caliber wrestler ? The man could barely stand, and he was wheezing like he had asthma or something.[/quote']

well tbh if brock didnt take carwin down then brock would have KOd him then...but this is a much closer fight then most people are portraying,i really hope cain wins

Personally i think Cain will be able to take Brock down at will....Rothwell is a bigger guy then Cain' date=' and Cain threw him around like a rag doll, where as Brock had problems with a 220lb Couture in the wrestling department... I think Cain will let Brock think he is going to try and knock him out on the feet and then shoot for the takedown. I predict 2nd or 3rd round TKO win for Cain via ground and pound, the way Brock defeated Mir at ufc 100. Think about it Brock being the dominant wrestler that he is probably doesnt spend much time training to fight off his back...he probably trains wrestler friendly sub's (like he used against Carwin) and g'n'p from the top position so if Cain can put him on his back i think Cain will have a huge advantage there.[/quote']

You are retarded... I don't usually call names on this, but if you think Cain Velasquez has the wrestling advantage, you're smoking. We are talking about a 40 lb weight difference and better wrestling credentials! Wrestling is the one place Brock will hold the clear advantage! Come on dude! I hope that was a joke

Cain Velasquez has a big chance of upsetting Brock Lesnar' date=' I believe he is one of three men in the UFC that can beat him.

[b']

Things going for Cain:[/b]

- Better striking

- Better Cardio

- More Experience

- Quicker

- Size

- Strength

I just dont get the "more experience" I honestly don't think that will be a factor at all.

You are retarded... I don't usually call names on this' date=' but if you think Cain Velasquez has the wrestling advantage, you're smoking. We are talking about a 40 lb weight difference and better wrestling credentials! Wrestling is the one place Brock will hold the clear advantage! Come on dude! I hope that was a joke[/quote']

Well we will see!! Wrestling credentials are great IN wrestling this is MMA. Furthermore Brock is only walking around at 265lbs anymore, after his stomach problems, thats only about a 20lb weight advantage. I'm just saying i think Cain poses more of a threat in the wrestling department then people are giving him credit for.

• 4 months later...

Archived